Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Tranmere Rovers {H) League 1 Tuesday 12/3/13.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Tranmere Rovers {H) League 1 Tuesday 12/3/13.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

SWS1 wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:2-0 Grigg and Westcarr in front of 4207

I'll be there :D

What awful predicting, Chester. Couldn't get the crowd right!
:wink: :D

I bet he wasn't there either - mummy wouldn't let him out as it was too cold for her widdle boy. :mrgreen:

SWS1

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 pm

chestersaddler wrote:[Post moderated]

:shock: :?

What on earth could Chester be saying, here? I've never heard a naughty word pass his lips!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm

He said "No beggars here, massive lady garden of a town". :D

Or words to that effect

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm

SWS1 wrote:

Another 60 notes accumulated, though.

The Bank of Chester will be splashing out on bonuses.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 pm

We were absolutely fudge fudge fudge brilliant. A complete team performance, we outclassed a pretty good team. We even managed to play classy football on that corrugated concrete which is our excuse for a pitch.

Not a single duff performance amongst the lot, but special mentions for Westcarr (who I thought the game would pass by) and I especially man-loved the performance by Taylor at left back - he's a better all-round player than Saddler.

It's definitely on now, but we still need to win on Saturday to get to grapples with teams 4-6.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 pm

A very impressive performance tonight against a strong Tranmere side. Indeed, the plastic Scousers were the better team during the opening twenty minutes or so. However, once we settled down and weathered their early storm, there was only going to be one winner. The Tranmere team appeared to be recruited from the Land of the Giants, apart from Abdulai Bell-Baggie (superb name! :D ). Needless to say, being small, quick and skilful, he didn't last the full 90 minutes, and was subbed off to be replaced by another big 'un (where do you get them from, Ronnie?).

Brandy tormented them all evening with the visiting fans constantly claiming that he was diving (he dived once - which is once too often, in my opinion). The truth was that their Neanderthal defenders couldn't handle him. I do not know why Holmes was not sent off for the penalty as it was clearly denying a goalscoring opportunity. Westcarr, who otherwise had turned in a hard-working but but very erratic display, redeemed himself with as good a goal as you will see all season but to make him man-of-the-match was, in my opinion, ridiculous. He got cautioned for constantly gobbing off at the referee. I'd fine him for that, if I were Dean Smith.

On the subject of hard work, it is that which impresses me most - forwards tackling back and defenders pressing forward. The whole team work ethic is outstanding. Players who caught my eye were Taylor and the Chambers twins. I thought that the latter had just joined us for a final payday in the twilight of their careers but their current form has been a revelation. Taylor was a risk, in view of his injury record, but since I saw him make his début at Queens Park Rangers, he has developed into a top-class player.

We have a difficult fixture run-in but can we do it? I'm confident! :D

SWS1

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
ihatethecorps wrote:to still be 4 points off the play offs is slightly disheartening but also unbelievably brilliant :D

Agreed, and looking on the bright side we have gained 3 points over Swindon tonight, and 2 points over Yeovil and Coventry.

...and next Tuesday Yeovil are at home to Swindon - one (or both) have to drop a point or two :wink:

Far be it from me to be a pedant ( :wink: ) but neither of them can drop a point - only two or three. (Another :wink: )

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 pm

latviancheese wrote:He said "No beggars here, massive lady garden of a town". :D

Or words to that effect

Ar, summat like that. Baffles me that we can only get just over 3000 home fans through the gate with what's going on and the football being played. No chance of keeping decent players with no money coming in.

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:He said "No beggars here, massive lady garden of a town". :D

Or words to that effect

Ar, summat like that. Baffles me that we can only get just over 3000 home fans through the gate with what's going on and the football being played. No chance of keeping decent players with no money coming in.

It's cack.

They're winning and doing it playing superb stuff.

If the people of Walsall don't get behind em now they never will.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:
SWS1 wrote:

Another 60 notes accumulated, though.

The Bank of Chester will be splashing out on bonuses.

She's already spent it :(

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Or words to that effect

But staying away helps the club...

We are super sexual.

SWS1

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm

SWS1 wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:
ihatethecorps wrote:to still be 4 points off the play offs is slightly disheartening but also unbelievably brilliant :D

Agreed, and looking on the bright side we have gained 3 points over Swindon tonight, and 2 points over Yeovil and Coventry.

...and next Tuesday Yeovil are at home to Swindon - one (or both) have to drop a point or two :wink:

Far be it from me to be a pedant ( :wink: ) but neither of them can drop a point - only two or three. (Another :wink: )

SWS1

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Off to bed now to dream of The Saddlers looking DOWN on Wolves next season... :D

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

I thought Trampmere had the better of it for the first 20 minutes. After that we dominated and fully deserved the victory. Will Grigg, what can I say, I'd let him take my length any day of the week.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 pm

kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Or words to that effect

It's eartha.

Bull cack. If people feel like me, then they are now so sick of having the carrot dangled, and then taken away that they refuse to believe that it won't happen again

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 pm

SWS1 wrote:

Following on from my 2-2 prediction on Saturday but again I overegged our support.

I predict a crowd on Saturday of 1644. I'll let you know my score prediction after a short spot of Friday meditation :wink:

Great performance tonight. Agree that they were good for the first 20 minutes but once we got on top it was never in doubt. Good team performance and two good goals. Our goalie makes me nervous though.
Last edited by chestersaddler on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Or words to that effect

It's eartha.

Bull cack. If people feel like me, then they are now so sick of having the carrot dangled, and then taken away that they refuse to believe that it won't happen again

So about twenty?

I think he's talking about a few othe thousand.

Rockin robin

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 pm

traymondo wrote:
Rockin robin wrote:Yes we can do you a favour by beating both brentford and yeovil !

Mossiv let-down tonight, ginger. Not happy about that at all.

Just not getting the breaks at the moment ! Did I hear you lot had another dodgy penalty ? Unbelievable ! Still you beat tranmere for us ! Cheers lads

bangsection
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

With the rise in TV money in the Championship next season who needs fans? :idea:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 pm

swiftyboy wrote:

Bull cack.

Thats called an AGENDA.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Or words to that effect

It's eartha.

Bull eartha. If people feel like me, then they are now so sick of having the carrot dangled, and then taken away that they refuse to believe that it won't happen again

So about twenty?

I think he's talking about a few othe thousand.

How do you know it's twenty?

How do you know that the other thousand don't feel like I do? It's entirely feasible, and you know it!

mossa

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow, what a great team performance. All of the players played well and we looked very comfortbale all night.

Mccarey 6- Not a lot to do but dealt with everything reasonably comfortably.
J.Chambers 8- Solid game, defended and got forward well. Probably the best i've seen him play.
Taylor 7- Reliable as ever. Looked comfortable all evening
Butler 8- dealt with their ariel threat impressively all evening. Despite it being a cold night, he was always was up for the challenge.
Downing 7- Didn't win as many headers as Butler but battled well and distibuted ball impressively.
Manton- 7 Nice and neat passes and unlucky not to score a long range effort in the first half.
A.Chambers 8 Probably our most consistant player of the last 3 months. Another non stop energy display. Sign him up for next season.
Brandy- 8 Quiet first half and not involved much but second half he was brilliant. Definately a match winner at this level.
Paterson- 7 Opposite of Brandy really, decent first half but quieter second half. Some nice touches at times and looking more consistant.
Westcarr 9 My MOTM. Battled for headers all night, linked play well and an outstanding goal to top it all of.
Grigg- 7 Battled against two huge defenders, played better when he moved about more. Oh and he sure knows how to take a penalty.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Or words to that effect

It's eartha.

Bull eartha. If people feel like me, then they are now so sick of having the carrot dangled, and then taken away that they
refuse to believe that it won't happen again

If it happened, then maybe that Dingle fan would lend you his banner :idea:

Walsall FC is like family- unconditional love :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm

There is a Tranmere fan missing after the game, an 80 year old man.

https://twitter.com/WMPWalsallFC

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 pm

latviancheese wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Bull eartha. If people feel like me, then they are now so sick of having the carrot dangled, and then taken away that they refuse to believe that it won't happen again

Bull eartha.

Thats called an AGENDA.

No it's not! It's called THE TRUTH

This is how I feel. Another ten might feel the same. Another thousand might. Nobody knows for sure, but im just being honest in how I feel.

I'm not trying to take anything away from whats happening at the moment. I'd absolutely LOVE Walsall to get in the play offs. It's brilliant to see such happiness and interest and optimism for once! Long may it continue. I'm just genuinely sorry that I can't feel the same

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Did you go tonight Swifty? You suggested on the Swindon thread that you might.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Its like saying you will never ever ever go to Tesco again, but when your starving, you would rather starve than go there.

Waste of life being that angry.

You can only be so angry for so long ,it eats you up, you eventually have to make a choice.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:25 pm

latviancheese wrote:Its like saying you will never ever ever go to Tesco again, but when your starving, you would rather starve than go there.

Waste of life being that angry.

You can only be so angry for so long ,it eats you up, you eventually have to make a choice.

I'm not angry LC. I'm perfectly fine about it. I'm only bitter towards Bonser for taking my appetite away. I still do all the things I've always done as a fan of WFC, like come on here, buy our son his season ticket and shirts, actively listen to the results and will us to win. Only change is the lack of desire to actually attend.

Obviously, family is a major factor too. Now I work full time as an employee, instead of being self employed as i was for so long when i could do as i pleased, my evenings and weekends are now far more important. Even more so when I'm out gigging, it leaves even less spare time.

I'm just putting a few things straight for once as it's stupid for me to portray Bonser and the clubs previous actions as my only reason for staying away

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 pm

chestersaddler wrote:Did you go tonight Swifty? You suggested on the Swindon thread that you might.

No Chester, I didn't.

I really did think about it, but I had other things to do in the end

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:Did you go tonight Swifty? You suggested on the Swindon thread that you might.

No Chester, I didn't.

I really did think about it, but I had other things to do in the end

This is similar to the Graydon era - don't let it pass you by.

Cost fudge all and we're taking the piss :D

PreviousNext
Return to 2012-13 Season