Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon Town (A) League 1 Saturday 9/3/13.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Nawtee Saddler

Re: Swindon Town (A) League 1 Saturday 9/3/13.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Soton Saddler wrote:
Mug.

Well said, Soton.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

[Post moderated - mod]

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Nawtee Saddler wrote:
Soton Saddler wrote:
Mug.

Well said, Soton.

Thank you. :)

Rockin robin

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm

bilko wrote:For those of you Walsall fans who thought you should have got more than one point are i think a bit deluded. We didnt play well and ithought we made it easy for you to defend as normally we have two wide players but we played into your hands.
I though the antics of your players feigning injury and diving was pathetic and time wasting but the really poor ref let your players get away with it.
A disappointing game i thought the first 25 minutes we totally dominated and dominated the second half but we didnt create enough and your only chance of the second half you scored from.

Anyway you always seem to do well at our place but hey weve taken four points of you this season when really it should have been 6.

Any way good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm glad someone else saw it just like me !

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Rockin robin wrote:
bilko wrote:For those of you Walsall fans who thought you should have got more than one point are i think a bit deluded. We didnt play well and ithought we made it easy for you to defend as normally we have two wide players but we played into your hands.
I though the antics of your players feigning injury and diving was pathetic and time wasting but the really poor ref let your players get away with it.
A disappointing game i thought the first 25 minutes we totally dominated and dominated the second half but we didnt create enough and your only chance of the second half you scored from.

Anyway you always seem to do well at our place but hey weve taken four points of you this season when really it should have been 6.

are you both ginger ?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 pm

:lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:39 pm

How many fudge people in Swindon are ginger? Do the fudge Weasleys run the maternity ward that way?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:How many fudge people in Swindon are ginger? Do the fudge Weasleys run the maternity ward that way?

To be honest all i remember from when we were promoted was the goal, and the fact there were millions of gingers. :?

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Rockin robin wrote:

Muppets. :roll:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Soton Saddler wrote:
Rockin robin wrote:

Muppets. :roll:

If they're muppets, they'd be Beaker.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:How many flipping people in Swindon are ginger? Do the flipping Weasleys run the maternity ward that way?

It fits. Swindon is a soul-less place. Gingers have no souls. Therefore all gingers come from Swindon.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Exile wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:How many flipping people in Swindon are ginger? Do the flipping Weasleys run the maternity ward that way?

It fits. Swindon is a soul-less place. Gingers have no souls. Therefore all gingers come from Swindon.

:lol:

Rockin robin

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
Rockin robin wrote:

are you both ginger ?
. Just Ginger tints me ! Think tranmere end your season tomorrow by the way ! Unless you get 2 pens which is quite possible !

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Rockin robin wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
Rockin robin wrote:

are you both ginger ?
. Just Ginger tints me ! Think tranmere end your season tomorrow by the way ! Unless you
get 2 pens which is quite possible !

Not if we get that Scunthorpe of a ref who clearly bottled it when Grigg was wrestled to the floor by your nobend defender

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Rockin robin wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
Rockin robin wrote:

are you both ginger ?
. Just Ginger tints me ! Think tranmere end your season tomorrow by the way ! Unless you get 2 pens which is quite possible !

It is. We've had many recently, and should have had another one at your dump. The second one, was more blatant than the first. Penalties are a by-product of fast attacking, trick forwards and panicking slow, clumsy defenders, which are the norm for League One.

Mmmmmmm, Tom Daly-esque.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:05 pm

[post moderated]

SWS1

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Rockin robin wrote:

We may not have dominated possession in the second half, but ONE chance? You are kidding. Paterson fired over from under the bar and we were denied a clear penalty by a craven referee. You were the moneybags home team and I reckon we were worth a draw. Saw off Tranmere tonight, an all. :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 am

SWS1 wrote:You were the cheating moneybags home team and I reckon we were worth a draw.

Fixed that for you.

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season