Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/3/13.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Whitters
Site Addict

Re: Shrewsbury Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/3/13.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Whitters wrote:
kshammer wrote:
Lilsnappa wrote:Am i reading correctly that a match reaction thread about one of the greatest local derby victories we have had for some time has turned into another blooming boring argument about the blooming freehold and Bonser?!

He is the best we have for now, he isnt going anywhere for a while and we are unlikely to be brought out by some rich oil baron. We have a cracking young squad and are playing beautiful football. stop arguing amongst yourself and actually look at the state of our club at the minute.

These are good times to be a Saddler, take note.

Superb post.

I know the usual bores want to spoil everything but couldn't believe it was brought up on this thread. Pathetic.

I blame it on the mods - they should police it better and step in when threads get off subject.
Scones anyone?

Should we? Deviation from a thread's original theme can be both entertaining and at times more engaging than the original topic. It is also a more accurate reflection of human interaction: to digress, or progress, discussion.

I would also be concerned where one draws a line between development of a theme and deviation from it. Discussion on the ownership of the club may inevitably occur if, say, following a fine performance there is concern whether we can secure out of contract players.

Technically, your post on board moderation takes this thread more off topic than posts on the club's ownership. But you have used an opportune moment to raise a matter, to which I have responded. To stop such opportunity would make this board much less compelling a read in my view.

I agree with you KC.
I was 'avin a laugh.
I'll put a smiley icon in next time.
However if I want to read the posts on the club's ownership in a week or two I'll have to remember to look under Shrewsbury Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/3/13.
Plus if I want to read resident-village-idiot Saigon's startling contribution again - a compelling read indeed - I'll also have to remember this thread.
"Such is life" (Jagger, M.)

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Whitters wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Whitters wrote:
kshammer wrote:
Lilsnappa wrote:Am i reading correctly that a match reaction thread about one of the greatest local derby victories we have had for some time has turned into another blooming boring argument about the blooming freehold and Bonser?!

He is the best we have for now, he isnt going anywhere for a while and we are unlikely to be brought out by some rich oil baron. We have a cracking young squad and are playing beautiful football. stop arguing amongst yourself and actually look at the state of our club at the minute.

Superb post.

I know the usual bores want to spoil everything but couldn't believe it was brought up on this thread. Pathetic.

I blame it on the mods - they should police it better and step in when threads get off subject.
Scones anyone?

Should we? Deviation from a thread's original theme can be both entertaining and at times more engaging than the original topic. It is also a more accurate reflection of human interaction: to digress, or progress, discussion.

I would also be concerned where one draws a line between development of a theme and deviation from it. Discussion on the ownership of the club may inevitably occur if, say, following a fine performance there is concern whether we can secure out of contract players.

Technically, your post on board moderation takes this thread more off topic than posts on the club's ownership. But you have used an opportune moment to raise a matter, to which I have responded. To stop such opportunity would make this board much less compelling a read in my view.

I agree with you KC.
I was 'avin a laugh.
However if I want to read the posts on the club's ownership in a week or two I'll have to remember to look under Shrewsbury Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/3/13.
Plus if I want to read resident-village-idiot Saigon's startling contribution again - a compelling read indeed - I'll also have to remember this thread.

Apologies.

Feel free to invoke a "whoosh".

I agree that tracking back can be problematic though. Can't think of a solution - other than posting less.:P

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:53 am

Whitters wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Whitters wrote:
kshammer wrote:

Superb post.

Scones anyone?

I agree with you KC.
I was 'avin a laugh.

So are there any scones or not? :?

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 am

How bored must the moaners be?

There ave only been two games since Christmas where they have had chance to shine!

Smith Out!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 am

Aldridge_saddler wrote:How bored must the moaners be?

There ave only been two games since Christmas where they have had chance to shine!

Smith Out!

You can tell that it's bubbling underneath. We're good and it's not annoying them, but just getting to them a wee bit. Same with the stayaways.

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:48 am

It will soon be the summer, our best players will be gone for peanuts, form will dip and a warm glow will fill their hearts allowing them to feel justified in criticising everything and not attending.

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season