Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Stevenage (H) League 1 Tuesday 1/1/2013

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Re: Stevenage (H) League 1 Tuesday 1/1/2013

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

WFC_Rob wrote:
LancsSaddler wrote:Smith - didnt get Bowerman for grigg but it worked i suppose. still think he was lucky that the cavemens hump it tactics didnt work, and that luckily they have no plan b.

I think you've got to give credit where it's due - Stevenage have won seven games away from home, so keeping a clean sheet against them is no mean feat. Plan B or not, they're a tricky side to beat.

Indeed, I couldn't go yesterday, so I don't know much about the game, but it is a superb win in my opinion, up there with beating MK Dons away. All is good in the world today.

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm

SaddlerCraig wrote:9 points out of 12 and some massively improved performances could we really start feeling optimistic again??

Behave! I'm a married man.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:09 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:I think you've got to give credit where it's due - Stevenage have won seven games away from home, so keeping a clean sheet against them is no mean feat. Plan B or not, they're a tricky side to beat.

Especially as they basically sat on the edge of their own box for nearly the entire second half.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

latviancheese wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:I think you've got to give credit where it's due - Stevenage have won seven games away from home, so keeping a clean sheet against them is no mean feat. Plan B or not, they're a tricky side to beat.

Especially as they basically sat on the edge of their own box for nearly the entire second half.

A trick right out of our book. Lucky we scored so late or this would've been a 1-2 result! :D

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season