Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturtday 29/12/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
chestersaddler
Site Addict

Re: Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturtday 29/12/12.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Bollocks again :evil:

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Bugger. 1-2

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm

fudge

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 pm

double bullocks

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

2-1 86th minute!! :evil:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Darth Vader wrote:Walsall are back.

Maybe not. 2-1 down :evil:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Walsall are back.

No we aye ...borrocks........................

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 pm

On a lighter note, Wolves have been beaten at home again 0-2 :mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Fudgin useless, happens to often for it to be coincidence, bad luck blah blah blah.

mossa

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Late goal in each half again. I'll say it until im blue in the face, it's not a coincidence we keep conceding late goals. We either defend too deep or are mentally not set up properly, I would suggest both.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 pm

I think it's more mental than anything else. Wim silly buggers!

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Smith out!

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm

mossa wrote:Late goal in each half again. I'll say it until im blue in the face, it's not a coincidence we keep conceding late goals. We either defend too deep or are mentally not set up properly, I would suggest both.

It also shows that they're just not fit enough.You get physically tired,you get mentally tired.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm

That's it folks - all o'er :(

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Full time Orient 2-1 Saddlers

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:
mossa wrote:Late goal in each half again. I'll say it until im blue in the face, it's not a coincidence we keep conceding late goals. We either defend too deep or are mentally not set up properly, I would suggest both.

It also shows that they're just not fit enough.You get physically tired,you get mentally tired.

Orient didn't play on Boxing day - has to be an advantage. Stevenage ain't played today either, which might not bode well.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Disappointing. We beat MK twice and yet lose to Leyton Orient twice.

It's no good beating the former if you don't take your chances against the latter.

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Good to get Saddlersworld back in the 2nd half - don't know how I would have coped without the interminable plugging of "events".

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:05 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Orient didn't play on Boxing day - has to be an advantage. Stevenage ain't played today either, which might not bode well.

Good point,but overall,they just concede too many late goals.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever, just providing Dim Deano with convenient excuse. They are supposed to be professional athletes, playing a couple of games a week is an easy life.

Blame Deano he's rubbish.LLLLDLDDLLLDDDLDWWL

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Looking at it today hasn't really done any damage - stayed in the same position and still 8 pts off relegation. Tuesday will be a tough game but if we are able to sneak 3 points out of it then that should take us positively into the Pompey game who are crud and we SHOULD beat comfortably.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever, just providing Dim Deano with convenient excuse. They are supposed to be professional athletes, playing a couple of games a week is an easy life.

Stats don't back that up though Cully. Look at the record of teams after playing midweek in Europe or those that have a million games in hand at the end ofthe season - remember Dagenham a couple of seasons ago.

I am concerned though by the overall number of goals that we concede.

SWS1

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm

F£%$%%** B"*&%^$£ S%$%
I cannot F-ing believe it AGAIN
This is too much for me.
What's wrong with the b*ggers?
Look where 12 extra points would get us - and that would have been perfectly possible except for all these late goals.
What's wrong with the b*ggers?
:evil:

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Stats don't back that up though Cully. Look at the record of teams after playing midweek in Europe or those that have a million games in hand at the end ofthe season - remember Dagenham a couple of seasons ago.

I am concerned though by the overall number of goals that we concede.

What stats? You're just making the usual football manager excuses. The number of goals we concede is down to Smiths coaching, his poor player selections and signings not some imaginary bad luck, may as well blame our bad luck on a burgundy jumper :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

DYSaddler wrote:Looking at it today hasn't really done any damage - stayed in the same position and still 8 pts off relegation. Tuesday will be a tough game but if we are able to sneak 3 points out of it then that should take us positively into the Pompey game who are crud and we SHOULD beat comfortably.

It would take some doing to get relegated, we have played over half a season and the 4th place team only has 21 points. If anyone is up to the task it of making it though, it is probably us. Not really the point, it is possibly the worst 3rd division I can remember, I have hardly seen a good side this season, Stevenage looked okay, but nothing that has stood out. We really should be looking up the table, and stop making excuses. These late goals could and should be cut out, not sure if any have been conceded from set pieces today, but we are woeful at defending them too, which also is something that could easily be improved on.

Was there a reason why Flo was on the bench again today ? Like he is going home now, unless Stoke have insisted, it seems ludicrous after 2 games on the bench, he wasn't ready for today at least.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Cully wrote:may as well blame our bad luck on a burgundy jumper :D

BJOSOFC

SWS1

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm

DYSaddler wrote:30 yard screamer from Mants! Push for the win now lads but would be more than happy with a point.

I was just thinking EXACTLY the same when, WHAM, banjaxed AGAIN. SICK. SICK. SICK.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 pm

.[/quote]

Blame Deano he's rubbish.LLLLDLDDLLLDDDLDWWL[/quote]

I am concerned though by the overall number of goals that we concede.[/quote]

What stats? You're just making the usual football manager excuses. The number of goals we concede is down to Smiths coaching, his poor player selections and signings not some imaginary bad luck, may as well blame our bad luck on a burgundy jumper :D[/quote]

Nonsense - no matter how much coaching he does on the training ground and how many hours of defensive work Smith does with the squad it simply doesn't replicate a game situation, his squad selection is based on the resources he has (the back 4 he picked today is probably the "strongest" we have at the club) but the coaching staff are simply observers if we fail to hold onto leads/chuck away points - there isn't much you can do from the touchline unfortunately and i'm speaking from past experiences.

mossa

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 pm

It would take some doing to get relegated, we have played over half a season and the 4th place team only has 21 points. If anyone is up to the task it of making it though, it is probably us. Not really the point, it is possibly the worst 3rd division I can remember, I have hardly seen a good side this season, Stevenage looked okay, but nothing that has stood out. We really should be looking up the table, and stop making excuses. These late goals could and should be cut out, not sure if any have been conceded from set pieces today, but we are woeful at defending them too, which also is something that could easily be improved on.

Was there a reason why Flo was on the bench again today ? Like he is going home now, unless Stoke have insisted, it seems ludicrous after 2 games on the bench, he wasn't ready for today at least.[/quote]

Spot on, league 1 is terrible this season. The reason we will probably stay up is because there are so many poor teams in the division. I get the feeling Smith thinks his doing a good job if he keeps us up which if true is generally very pessamistic. I would say his doing a good job if he got us midtable. I think his generally signed well in the summer but his tactics and our/his ability to see out games have stopped us being in the top half.

mossa

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Nonsense - no matter how much coaching he does on the training ground and how many hours of defensive work Smith does with the squad it simply doesn't replicate a game situation, his squad selection is based on the resources he has (the back 4 he picked today is probably the "strongest" we have at the club) but the coaching staff are simply observers if we fail to hold onto leads/chuck away points - there isn't much you can do from the touchline unfortunately and i'm speaking from past experiences

I dont agree with that all. Even though he has a great team look how often Man Utd score late and it's not purely down to skill it's down to good management/tactics and setting them into believing they can score until the whistle goes. If you don't want to accept Man Utd as an example, look at Steve Burr at Kidderminster, despite an appaling start to the season (5 points in 10 games) he has turned them round and got them into the playoffs (before kick off today). They have scored a lot of last minute winners this season and the Kiddy fans I know rave about Burr as a manager.

PreviousNext
Return to 2012-13 Season