Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 15/12/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Glitterati

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 15/12/12.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm

All rather inevitable really...

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Bollocks

Just fudge :evil:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Once again we demonstrate our ability to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory :roll:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Oh for fudge sake.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

We are amazing.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

All too predictable.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Indeed. How predictable. I just laughed when they scored the second. Joke

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Depressingly the norm to lose a 2 goal lead. :oops: :oops:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Really getting pissed off with this now

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Wonder whose fault it will be this time.One of the ball boys?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 pm

"Watch us throw this away now".

That's exactly what I said to my wife as we came out of Aldridge Garden Centre just after we'd scored the second, and sure enough this utterly pathetic stupidity continues - if I hadn't predicted it, I'd have said "unbelievable", but sadly it isn't, in fact it's entirely what we've come to expect.

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted, but in no way surprised. :twisted:

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Hilarity ensues.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Looking forward to Ginger's excuses for letting a 2-0 lead slip in the last 18 minutes.

Increasingly we ARE having to rely on other teams doing even worse than we are. Today we were fortunate in a way, because Colchester, Carlisle, Hartlepool and Bury all managed to lose while Portsmouth drew at home. It's not the ideal way to go into the second half of a season though, and note that Scunthorpe won away today.....

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Clowns!

SWS1

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Manager must take the blame. This is getting to be beyond a joke. I can't be r-sed to look it up myself, but how many times this season have we a) chucked away a lead and/or b) let in goals in the last few minutes following substitutions? Funny, ain't it (NOT) that just after a long contract is given, results go down the pan. It could be even worse: it's happened to Nudecastle, too, but their man got an eight year contract before embarking on a huge winless run. With a bit of luck, our winless run will only last for two years. :evil:

I'm really fed up. The elation of a two goal lead makes my depression even deeper. (Saves swear filter a lot of work by filling mouth with beer). :evil:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Eight times we have takwn a lead or something. Wet.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm

fudge Scunthorpe.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Looking forward to Ginger's excuses for letting a 2-0 lead slip in the last 18 minutes.

Increasingly we ARE having to rely on other teams doing even worse than we are. Today we were fortunate in a way, because Colchester, Carlisle, Hartlepool and Bury all managed to lose while Portsmouth drew at home. It's not the ideal way to go into the second half of a season though, and note that Scunthorpe won away today.....

DS "We scored too early"

Happydays2122
UTS Regular

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Joke.

Time for a change me thinks .................
Continuing is just silly. Relegation and the loss of income that comes with it is just inevitable

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 pm

TACTICALLY OBLIVIOUS!

WelshWalsallBen
UTS Regular

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Just back from the game. Cant believe we played so well and didn't take 3 points. Should have put the game to bed gutted because we were the better team and created the better chances.

U had to be there I gues Yeovil were 2nd best I'm still in shock.

Brandy had his best game for me. Grigg should have scored early in 1st half but took his goal well and didn't panic.

Just gutted thats why I said we would be certs for relegation. We should be winning these games Hartlepool and Yeovil but we are Not.

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 pm

- 13 points, we've dropped from winning positions so far. 13 points before Christmas.

- 4 times, league and cup, we've surrendered 2 goal leads at home, failing to win on each occassion.

- Hammered by a 10 man, bottom 4 side at home, and failed to beat (with apologies to all 'Poolies) the absolute worst 3rd tier side seen at the Bescot since it opened (with more years here spent in said tier than any other, maybe even all others combined).

- The absolute farce of a goalkeeping situation, where the only senior keeper out of 4 that a) actually belongs to us and b) isn't too fat to play, is so ridiculously out of form and confidence-shorn that his position is practically untenable... yet we're only an injury to one of two blokes (Ikeme & De Vries) who are nothing to do with WFC to him being back between the sticks.

- I watched the Mansfield-Lincoln replay on Wednesday. As one of the unfortunate 1200 at the 1st round replay, I was aghast watching the Imps in a neutral setting. Did we really fail to put them away across 2 games plus an extra half hour? Truly embarassing.

Can you imagine a combination of all of the above, and any other club in... ooh, I dunno, the top seven tiers of English football not being seen to take immediate, drastic & affirmative action in some way, shape or form? Yet we almost certainly (and I'll be delighted if I'm wrong) won't hear a peep or see a thing from the powers that be at WFC between now & the visit of Colchester, and that's what causes as much pain as anything else... the fact we're stuck with this feeling of despair and knowledge that nothing will change before we trundle, in eternal hope and non-existent expectation, through the turnstile once again.

I am so, so sick of the same old cack, time and time and time again.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:27 pm

saddlerken wrote:Dean Smith to look totally lost on the sidelines.

You won't have been disappointed because he was, does and did as usual, the bloke is just useless.

LLLLDLDDLLLDDDLD :arrow: PERIOD

However, I predict that next week there will be a few surprising changes and we will win.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Smith is a clueless sfb, who unfortunately will be our new Kenny Hibbett. Look forward to many years of mediocrity as we surrender 2 goal leads in the 4th division. I was pretty pissed off at the end of a game we should have won with absolute comfort against a crap team, but fudge livid when I listened to the ginger moron's bleats on dingle fm about 5.30.

However, and in no way making excuses for our Ginger Mouriniho, Chambers showed exactly why he shouldn't be in the team. After a pretty good display (much better than baby face Mantom), he had the extreme intelligence to needlessly take out one of their boys on the half way line. Hoof into the box, one of their useless 7 foot donkey CBs obviously wins the ball, and then they equalise. FFS, he's supposed to be a mature guiding head!!! We are truely fudge.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 pm

boringteacher wrote:Smith is a clueless sfb, who unfortunately will be our new Kenny Hibbett. Look forward to many years of mediocrity as we surrender 2 goal leads in the 4th division. I was pretty pead off at the end of a game we should have won with absolute comfort against a crud team, but jolly well livid when I listened to the ginger moron's bleats on dingle fm about 5.30.

However, and in no way making excuses for our Ginger Mouriniho, Chambers showed exactly why he shouldn't be in the team. After a pretty good display (much better than baby face Mantom), he had the extreme intelligence to needlessly take out one of their boys on the half way line. Hoof into the box, one of their useless 7 foot donkey CBs obviously wins the ball, and then they equalise. FFS, he's supposed to be a mature guiding head!!! We are truely damaged.

He certainly did not sound like a man who fears his job is on the line.Probably because he's not a man whose job is on the line.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm

boringteacher wrote: I listened to the ginger moron's bleats on dingle fm about 5.30.

What did the idiot say?

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 pm

boringteacher wrote:Smith is a clueless sfb, who unfortunately will be our new Kenny Hibbett. Look forward to many years of mediocrity as we surrender 2 goal leads in the 4th division. I was pretty pissed off at the end of a game we should have won with absolute comfort against a crap team, but fudge livid when I listened to the ginger moron's bleats on dingle fm about 5.30.

However, and in no way making excuses for our Ginger Mouriniho, Chambers showed exactly why he shouldn't be in the team. After a pretty good display (much better than baby face Mantom), he had the extreme intelligence to needlessly take out one of their boys on the half way line. Hoof into the box, one of their useless 7 foot donkey CBs obviously wins the ball, and then they equalise. FFS, he's supposed to be a mature guiding head!!! We are truely fudge.

Added to that a keeper beaten at his near post! Maybe we can have a 5th attempt at gettign this position right!

We did enough to win this game is what Smith said on WM. Point is Dean we didn't win, so in my book we didn't do enough!! Seeing out a 2-0 or 2-1 lead would have done enough to win the game, we didn't. He is slowly becoming Mr Cliche and he still had to harp back to an offside decision last weekend against Coventry. All he is asking his players to do is give their best and that is all he can ask for. Well Dean, their best currently isn't good enough and it is you who has assembled this squad so you are cuplable for this.

Get rid, the bloke is getting right on my tits.

Oh and a message for Jamie Patterson, you are a bang average league 1 player, so play the pass, you will look better for it!!!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Weve signed McCarey till January now.

Interested to hear what piss flaps said on the radio.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:49 pm

The fact that in the first half Walsall were much better than Yeovil should not make anyone think that we deserved anything from the game.

Yeovil were one of the worst visiting teams seen at the Banks's for many a long year. They were inept in attack (until they brought on Reuben Reid who at least ran about a bit) and shocking in defence. Any half decent team would have thrashed them.

What is Craig Westcarr for? What did he do to justify his place in the side, not being substituted, and to keep one of own young players out of the team?

Paterson scored a good goal but apart from that he was yet again totally ineffective.

Febian Brandy was clearly man of the match, why did the Ginger One take him off? Why has he not started every match since he regained fitness about 8 weeks ago?

mossa

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Despite being by far the better team there was no shock at all on my part that we conceded 2 late goals. This is what Smith does as manager, from day 1 we have regularly conceded late goals. It's far to often to be a coincidence and no matter how much he learns as a manager he will not be able to implament a winning mentality to his players, you either have this or you don't. We look better at the back with Downing in, Butler and Holden are to similar and don't complement each other. I'd stick with Downing and Holden next game as apart from out stupid last 10-12 mins they looked solid until then. Purkiss is far better than Taundry and I hope between him and Chambers we don't see Taundry again this season, quite simply he is not a league 1 player. I thought Yeovil were poor and didn't really have enthusiasm out there today and looked like they would rather be elsewhwere. This goes to show how much we really did throw the 2 points away today.

PreviousNext
Return to 2012-13 Season