Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (A) League 1 Saturday 17/11/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Crawley Town (A) League 1 Saturday 17/11/12.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 am

Graydon48 wrote:Surley with lost 2-1 today. Hemmings is the worse player ever to wear a Walsall shirt, he is lazy, can't be bothered, arrogant and just generaly crap. I am sure I have seen comments that would agree with what I have just said.
I propose that his goal be chalked off. Another game lost. Smith out.

No we lost because Taundry played.

mel58
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 am

The best performance for weeks - sorry to state the obvious but we bore no relation to the disorganised, disinterested collection of individuals who have turned up in recent weeks. Proved that there is life after Flo.
Crawley were very fortunate to get a point.

Patterson, as wayward as he still was at times, was very unlucky, having a superb shot hit the bar after a great bit of passing and their keeper pulling off a great save to dig out another, goal-bound, floating effort from him.
A good all-round team performance, although I'm puzzled why Benning wasn't worthy of keeping his place, even if Taylor was fully fit, which he patently wasn't.
Hemmings and Brandy both had good games, Brandy especially. He does look as though he can really cause panic when he's on song. I think the Boli comparison is very apt.
We played with pace and width. Having Hemmings and Brandy on allowed Patterson to go walkabout, as he does, without compromising the stability of the team and meant that the play could rotate around Grigg, which suits his style. Taundry had an excellent game today and Holden was back to doing what he does best - Colin Methven with hair.
McCarey did well; straight into it, shouting at the linesman after a couple of minutes for not giving off-side and very definitely in command of his area and of the players in front of him. Grof has all the physical attributes McCarey possesses but needs to get his attitude and awareness.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 am

I put us down to win yesterday and unfortunately I couldn't attend, it seems that the players do not like playing a fortress Banks and who could blame them really. Having said that they need to find their feet at home.Man up a bit. Good point at Crawley.

gray
Glitterati

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I was very impressed with the performance yesterday. Brandy needs to be started up front, he was very lively and if he keeps his confidence up he should get goals in this league, he was clean through to shoot for the winner when he was taken out by a professional foul that got their defender a red card.

I think we could have won it in the end, not sure what the keeper was doing for their 2nd although I couldn't see it very well from where we were.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Unexpected but positive result, pleasing that Brandy has broke his duck and Hemmings scored as well, he needs to knuckle down and move on from Lincoln away.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Good result and from listening on sadsworld and reports on here, it was well deserved.

Need to get some home form going though.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 am

Graydon48 wrote:Surley with lost 2-1 today. Hemmings is the worse player ever to wear a Walsall shirt, he is lazy, can't be bothered, arrogant and just generaly crap. I am sure I have seen comments that would agree with what I have just said.
I propose that his goal be chalked off. Another game lost. Smith out.

Credit where credit's due, he actually played well on Saturday! :o Even i (his biggest critic) clapped him off on Saturday, and the other 10!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

Expectation: show
We can still make the playoffs

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season