Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Lincoln City (H) F A Cup First Round Reply Tuesday 13/11/12

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Re: Lincoln City (H) F A Cup First Round Reply Tuesday 13/1

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:59 am

saddlerken wrote:I would happily appoint someone from non league who is managing a winning team on a comparatively small budget.

Mullen it is then - he's managed to turn Market Drayton around and with crowds of less than 100 they must have a smaller budget and more stayaways than even the mighty saddlers

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 am

wednesburysaddler wrote:what about getting rid of okelly and bringing in chris nicholl to work along deano

just maybe 2 defender managers could stop the leaking of goals which is now becoming a problem

9 goals conceded in 3 home games in a week is not acceptable so id start by concentrating on plugging the defence before i worried about anything else
?

Not so much getting rid of O'Kelly but picking up the phone and ask Nicholl for help would be a start. Does he still attend games regularly, if he does I bet he could point things in the right direction within 30 minutes.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 am

canadiansaddler wrote:
saddlerken wrote:I would happily appoint someone from non league who is managing a winning team on a comparatively small budget.

Mullen it is then - he's managed to turn Market Drayton around and with crowds of less than 100 they must have a smaller budget and more stayaways than even the mighty saddlers

He's found his level :mrgreen:

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 am

canadiansaddler wrote:Not so much getting rid of O'Kelly but picking up the phone and ask Nicholl for help would be a start. Does he still attend games regularly, if he does I bet he could point things in the right direction within 30 minutes.

He was there on Tuesday night. Noticed he'd left by the start of extra time, though.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:If you are going to replace your manager - which I don't think for a second we are - you go for a fresh voice and someone with fresh ideas. The Walsall board of directors has made some baffling decisions over the years, but I don't think O'Kelly will step into the hot seat when Smith is eventually replaced.

No board in the land could POSSIBLY still give a 'vote of confidence' to a manager who has had such an appallingly embarrassing recent history, that will be rapidly followed by two more resounding defeats within the next 5/7 days (yes, I know we would lose these two, even if we were sucurely in a 'mind boggling' mid table spot, but under current conditions these will be awful maulingsthat will send us tumbling into the relgation zone..again). 2.1/2 year contract or not, the man HAS to go, to give any newcomer some chance of retrieving this god damn awful mess that we are in.

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:If you are going to replace your manager - which I don't think for a second we are - you go for a fresh voice and someone with fresh ideas. The Walsall board of directors has made some baffling decisions over the years, but I don't think O'Kelly will step into the hot seat when Smith is eventually replaced.

No board in the land could POSSIBLY still give a 'vote of confidence' to a manager who has had such an appallingly embarrassing recent history, that will be rapidly followed by two more resounding defeats within the next 5/7 days (yes, I know we would lose these two, even if we were sucurely in a 'mind boggling' mid table spot, but under current conditions these will be awful maulingsthat will send us tumbling into the relgation zone..again). 2.1/2 year contract or not, the man HAS to go, to give any newcomer some chance of retrieving this god damn awful mess that we are in.

But that`s just not the way of Walsall. Why give a 2 and a half year contract after such a loss of form must mean that there is a reason behind it and its not to sack him straight afterwards.

bangsection
Site Addict

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 pm

"It's a goal, Mike."

Much hilarity from the BBC Radio Lincolnshire coverage of Tuesday night's game as the commentator completely fails to spot the fact that Walsall have scored. Cue withering intervention from co-commentator.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1058329-here-s- ... ght#t=0m0s

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 am

canadiansaddler wrote:
wednesburysaddler wrote:what about getting rid of okelly and bringing in chris nicholl to work along deano

just maybe 2 defender managers could stop the leaking of goals which is now becoming a problem

9 goals conceded in 3 home games in a week is not acceptable so id start by concentrating on plugging the defence before i worried about anything else
?

Not so much getting rid of O'Kelly but picking up the phone and ask Nicholl for help would be a start. Does he still attend games regularly, if he does I bet he could point things in the right direction within 30 minutes.

How many times we gonna fall back on Chris Nicholl? As far as I can see it has never worked either.

Anyway there is a reason why we leak so many goals, it's not rocket science. Holden is a full back playing at center back, and Butler is totally lost with out Manny mopping up for him. Butler is average, Holden is poor, that about sums up why we concede so many goals.

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 am

bangsection wrote:"It's a goal, Mike."

Much hilarity from the BBC Radio Lincolnshire coverage of Tuesday night's game as the commentator completely fails to spot the fact that Walsall have scored. Cue withering intervention from co-commentator.

Yes, I had this on. It was only thing that made me laugh all night.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

leics_saddler wrote:
bangsection wrote:"It's a goal, Mike."

Yes, I had this on. It was only thing that made me laugh all night.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Absolutely disappointed at the result ... where next? The real sickener will be if there's a plum draw in round 3. Balls. :|

Unmitigated fudge disaster. 2nd time we've missed these fairly recently - the Burnley floodlight incident denied us the last meeting. This is FAR worse.

:x

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 am

Why wasn't Dean Smith sacked after this ?

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

Saarland Saddler wrote:Why wasn't Dean Smith sacked after this ?

We'm skint tone?

kevin
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Just caught up with this topic.................so how did we get on ?

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Won two nil, we have Liverpool at home next.

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season