Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Lincoln City (A) F A Cup First Round Saturday 3/11/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
IHTC.
Site Addict

Re: Lincoln City (A) F A Cup First Round Saturday 3/11/12.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Willenhall Saddler wrote:
ihatethecorps wrote:@AshHemmz you're a quality player, we love you at Walsall #topclass #walsallfamily

Whoever tweeted this should not be allowed out in public :shock:

His dad

[img]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352022187_986725][/img] Plymouth want him back! :shock: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE HIM BACK!

I can forgive people for being rubbish, as you know full well but for someone to not even try is a disgrace. What idiot gave him a 2 year contract?

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Ashley Hemmings ‏@AshHemmz
I've got family, true friends, a career an money, thats all I need.. Don't need to talk or watch what others do or listen to you haters!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 pm

ihatethecorps wrote:Ashley Hemmings ‏@AshHemmz
I've got family, true friends, a career an money, thats all I need.. Don't need to talk or watch what others do or listen to you haters!

Cares more about his haircut than his football anyway. Says everything about why he ended up at Walsall.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

latviancheese wrote:
ihatethecorps wrote:Ashley Hemmings ‏@AshHemmz

Cares more about his haircut than his football anyway. Says everything about why he ended up at Walsall.

Its the haters who help pay towards his good lifestyle.......such a loser

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:51 pm

That kind of comment makes me want to sign up to twitter under a page name of 'we want hemmings out'. If Smith is stupid enough to play the clown on Tuesday night then I suggest he keeps himself to himself and works his absolute arse off. Useless little clown.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 pm

And people wonder why we give him abuse? He thinks he's above everyone else.Arrogant twerp.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Is that Douglas Bader?

Are you planning on getting legless on the back of tonight's stunning result? :idea:

;-)

Not quite as 'baderer' as I thought :D , although reading some of the match reportage...... :?

Whatever your Bader expertise, I am never, ever playing 'stoolball' with you... :mrgreen:

Me and Crimson have been discussing/practicing it and we think it's best if we just do it without you and just add you into the game without consent. At least, I think that's what we were practicing. More ropes than I thought was normal though..... :?

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm

boringteacher wrote:my, I can't wait for the replay. Hope we have a 22 penalty shoot out again.

Yeah and we'll be paying 12 quid for the privilege.

Only if your saft enough to pay it.

KoloSaddler
Glitterati

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 pm

We soft enough and for the 2nd round. Still if we do get through I
Missing 9000 fans will appear from no where.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm

canadiansaddler wrote:reading the reports it sounds bad, very bad but looking at the other results this afternoon count your blessing your not

Hartlepool
Scunthorpe
Shrewsbury
Stevenage
Swindon
Torquay

Were still in the cup, still the greatest competition in the world

You can add Plymouth Argyle to the list now, canadian.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Plenty more doom and gloom, unsurprisingly. Fact of the matter is, we avoided defeat and kept ourselves in the hat for round two - how many times have we failed to do that over the last few years?

Winston Smith
UTS Regular

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Winston Smith wrote:
canadiansaddler wrote:reading the reports it sounds bad, very bad

Believe me it was bad, very bad.

I was there.

It wasn't that good!

I was trying hard not to be too enthusiastic. :D :D :D

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Rather depressing start to November, I hope that on Tuesday night we witness a miracle.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Plenty more doom and gloom, unsurprisingly. Fact of the matter is, we avoided defeat and kept ourselves in the hat for round two - how many times have we failed to do that over the last few years?

We did it against Fleetwood under Hutchings (potentially the 2nd worst manager in Walsall's history). Fleetwood however were a top 4 Conference team.

We haven't won since September and we have only just avoided defeat to a team that are near the relegation zone in the Conference.

I think some of our fans have a right to be a little gloomy given the current run.

Those fans that don't think ginger Mourinho is the wonderful manager others would have us believe, may be entitled to be a little glum given that he's been rewarded with a mossive contract that no other Walsall manager has ever received, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Ashley Hemmings ‏@AshHemmz

Couldn't resist but have a pop in the end.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm

saddlerken wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:Plenty more doom and gloom, unsurprisingly. Fact of the matter is, we avoided defeat and kept ourselves in the hat for round two - how many times have we failed to do that over the last few years?

We did it against Fleetwood under Hutchings (potentially the 2nd worst manager in Walsall's history). Fleetwood however were a top 4 Conference team.

We haven't won since September and we have only just avoided defeat to a team that are near the relegation zone in the Conference.

I think some of our fans have a right to be a little gloomy given the current run.

Those fans that don't think ginger Mourinho is the wonderful manager others would have us believe, may be entitled to be a little glum given that he's been rewarded with a mossive contract that no other Walsall manager has ever received, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

I certainly don't think he's a wonderful manager, but drawing an FA Cup tie at Sincil Bank is hardly reason for the daggers to be sharpened.

We're on a bad run - there's no doubting that. But this bad run has had less of an impact on our season so far than the good run we had back in August/September. If/when those tables turn dramatically, I'll be as worried as anyone - but I still think we need a bit of perspective, at least for the time being.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm

I can only assume your comments are of a man who didn't go.

This was worse that daggers fa cup replay and definitely the worst I have seen. It was so so cack, thank god for bowerman at the death, at least we ain't out completely, the only positive.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I can only assume your comments are of a man who didn't go.

This was worse that daggers fa cup replay and definitely the worst I have seen. It was so so guano, thank god for bowerman at the death, at least we ain't out completely, the only positive.

Your assumption us 100% spot-on. And one of the reasons I opted not to go yesterday was precisely because I expected a tough game, and a pretty ropey performance - we're Walsall after all. Even if we'd lost though, I still wouldn't be talking as if we're a club on the brink.

Worse things happen at sea. As I said before, it's a case of perspective. The reaction on here makes Shrewsbury fans' thoughts on their 3-1 drubbing at Hereford sound glowing.

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

I certainly don't think he's a wonderful manager, but drawing an FA Cup tie at Sincil Bank is hardly reason for the daggers to be sharpened.

We're on a bad run - there's no doubting that. But this bad run has had less of an impact on our season so far than the good run we had back in August/September. If/when those tables turn dramatically, I'll be as worried as anyone - but I still think we need a bit of perspective, at least for the time being.

There's that word again.............perspective, well what perspective do you think ken has? Probably a realistic one based on our managers record, his squad, watching us play and results ie facts or some meaningless last bastion of hope for our future England manager.

' a bit of perspective, at least for the time being'. right ho then...................LLLLDLDD [not forgetting our loss against 4th division Port Fail] :arrow: PERIOD

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Cully wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

There's that word again.............perspective, well what perspective do you think ken has? Probably a realistic one based on our managers record, his squad, watching us play and results ie facts or some meaningless last bastion of hope for our future England manager.

' a bit of perspective, at least for the time being'. right ho then...................LLLLDLDD [not forgetting our loss against 4th division Port Fail] :arrow: PERIOD

God forbid we should win on Tuesday night. What will we all have to talk about then?! :roll:

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:God forbid we should win on Tuesday night. What will we all have to talk about then?! :roll:

Well I'll be talking about the match as usual which I suppose will include the players, the manager and our future prospects, you can do the same if you wish.....................LLLLDLDDW :arrow: PERIOD

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:

This was worse that daggers fa cup replay and definitely the worst I have seen. It was so so guano, thank god for bowerman at the death, at least we ain't out completely, the only positive.

Your assumption us 100% spot-on. And one of the reasons I opted not to go yesterday was precisely because I expected a tough game, and a pretty ropey performance - we're Walsall after all. Even if we'd lost though, I still wouldn't be talking as if we're a club on the brink.

Worse things happen at sea. As I said before, it's a case of perspective. The reaction on here makes Shrewsbury fans' thoughts on their 3-1 drubbing at Hereford sound glowing.

Like you say, you weren't there, it certainly wasn't the result that grated me, it was the unacceptable performance and how we utterly got away with it.

I'm not doom and gloom and ill be there Tuesday night for league action, we can't play that bad again if we tried.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Like you say, you weren't there, it certainly wasn't the result that grated me, it was the unacceptable performance and how we utterly got away with it.

I'm not doom and gloom and ill be there Tuesday night for league action, we can't play that bad again if we tried.

I didn't need to be there to know that one bad performance doesn't write our entire season off as a disaster. I do sympathise with you though - I'm sure I'd be a bit more down in the dumps had I made that horrible trip over to Lincoln yesterday afternoon.

As you say, onwards and upwards. The next two games are certainly both winnable, although I suspect Swindon might pose a more difficult challenge than Scunthorpe.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 pm

I am relatively happy with the result, especially after the diabolical performance Rob, its the only positive to come from a thoroughly terrible football related afternoon. It's not so much that we are on a bad run, it's the nature of this performance. Bury last week was a blip and it was poor, but this wasn't poor it was the attitude of the players. I dont blame Smith & Co at all, I saw both of them going absolutely mental throughout most of the second half - it was the lack of motivation, arrogance and attitude of the players.

We thought we'd turn up and walk all over Lincoln, who played without fear, who gave it everything and were beyond miles ahead of everything we could muster. We didn't attack in any form, we didnt look creative and at the other end we looked ropey, slow and liable to concede everytime the ball went near Grof.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Sadders wrote:We thought we'd turn up and walk all over Lincoln, who played without fear, who gave it everything and were beyond miles ahead of everything we could muster. We didn't attack in any form, we didnt look creative and at the other end we looked ropey, slow and liable to concede everytime the ball went near Grof.

Whilst that's far from acceptable, it's the nature of the FA Cup and what makes the competition so well received globally.

It sounds like Jamie Taylor had an absolute stormer yesterday, but I suspect the reason why, at the age of 29, he has only 15 games in the football league on his CV, is because he only gets himself up for big games - like the first round of the FA Cup. They were always going to make it really hard for us yesterday, and fair play to them. I'm not saying that excuses the ropey performances from the likes of Hemmings, Paterson and co, but it no doubt played a part in what was a tricky afternoon and a potential banana skin.

The last two games where we've played badly and drawn twice aren't the worry for me. What was more worrying was the way we played better at home to Orient and Carlisle, yet lost both. Tuesday's game is a biggie.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 am

Darth Vader wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

We can! Trust me.We've said that before!

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

Yet more evidence we cannot play a 442 without Flo especially. We can't carry Grigg, Bowerman, Hemmings and Paterson in the same side. It HAS to be 4231 or 41221 with the squad we have at the minute.

We need loan players in.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I dont know why theres so many of you getting all het up over a poor performance.

Teams dont change that drastically that quickly, and Walsall FC haven't turned in to world beaters over night. We still have a very poor squad with a naive manager.

A select few of us, who have seen this all before predicted this at the start of the season, and even after a very promising start, those of us who do not let sentiment blur our vision were able to keep a steady, level-headed view of things. This is what I posted on the Preston match thread:

philthesaddler wrote:If you look at the stats, we're not actually that good in front of goal, nor are we that tight at the back. Those kind of stats will come home to roost sooner rather than later - what if we have a bad run in front of goal? At Pompey and today, we have had 3 or 4 speculative efforts go in, which on another day might rattle the bar or post.

The table will start to settle down now, the early pace setters will either bomb on or bomb out, and equally, those fancied sides who have had a poor start will pull their socks up and start performing. If we're still in the top 7 in a months time then fair enough, but right now it's still early days

bangsection
Site Addict

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

bangsection wrote:Highlight (sic) here:

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/artic ... 1-walsall/

It took longer to watch the bl00ding advertisement :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to 2012-13 Season