Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bournemouth (a) - League 1 - 29/09/12

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Bournemouth (a) - League 1 - 29/09/12

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:09 am

Huzzar and hurrah! :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:50 am

All-weather Walsall fans now feeling great. Come on fair-weathers! Your time is now! :D

Louise
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:16 am

I could get used to this waking up on a Sunday still buzzing from Saturday's result.
Always have proud to be a Saddler but really feel at the moment we are on the verge of something special.
Cant wait til Tuesday night to go and cheer on the lads. :D

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:23 am

A couple of further observations on yesterday's game, taken from the "upthecherries" website......

One thread on their message board is entitled "Strangers 1 Team 2" :D

The match report (a very fair report, it should be said) mentions the Walsall "keep-ball" phase in the second half which I referred to in my report - I quoted "at least 15 passes", but the cherries man puts it at "a 30-pass Walsall move that had the Bournemouth fans joining in with the Olays, how embarrassing was that". :lol:

I love being a Saddler :mrgreen:

nottmsaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 am

Soton Saddler wrote:Definitely earmarked this fixture pre fixture list but like the Crawley game I have plans with le family! Psh, how selfish of them!

Hoping: 1 - 2 Walsall
Butler
Boweman

Realistic 1 - 1
Butler

321 Walsall fans, Bournemouth chairman to set fire to the mascot and then complain on the radio afterwards at the amount of negative publicity gained.

You were a couple out with the number of fans, but not a bad effort! :D

Shows the power of hope over realism

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 am

nottmsaddler wrote:
Soton Saddler wrote:Definitely earmarked this fixture pre fixture list but like the Crawley game I have plans with le family! Psh, how selfish of them!

Butler
Boweman

Realistic 1 - 1
Butler

321 Walsall fans, Bournemouth chairman to set fire to the mascot and then complain on the radio afterwards at the amount of negative publicity gained.

You were a couple out with the number of fans, but not a bad effort! :D

Shows the power of hope over realism

Rubbish! He was nowhere near accurate.

We haven't even got a player called Boweman! :roll:

;-)

SWS1

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:A couple of further observations on yesterday's game, taken from the "upthecherries" website......

One thread on their message board is entitled "Strangers 1 Team 2" :D

The match report (a very fair report, it should be said) mentions the Walsall "keep-ball" phase in the second half which I referred to in my report - I quoted "at least 15 passes", but the cherries man puts it at "a 30-pass Walsall move that had the Bournemouth fans joining in with the Olays, how embarrassing was that". :lol:

I love being a Saddler :mrgreen:

I surmise it was so smooth it could have been Oil of Olay"!
Sometimes it really is lovely being a Saddler.
:mrgreen:

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am

Willenhall Saddler wrote:1-0 Bournemouth.I have 2 reasons for this prediction:1 just because they haven't any form as of yet & haven't won or lost at home yet and 2 when i predict us to lose we normally win so it's a bit of backward logic :lol:

Just like i predicted :lol:

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 am

Aldridge_saddler wrote:

Butler
Boweman

Realistic 1 - 1
Butler

Welcome..... To the twilight zone...

You were only 20 off predicting the exact Walsall fans as well.301 the exact figure.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

kshammer wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
mel58 wrote:Just got back from another great away day.
A joy to watch a Walsall team play the way we did today.
Although I've never decided to 'Stay Away', I appreciate and respect the motives of many who do; having said that, you could all do yourselves a big favour (and not line the pockets of everyone's favourite tap magnate) by getting to the away matches instead and getting behind a team who deserve your encouragement - we are certainly worth watching nowadays, some stars in the making who won't be with us forever.

Away matches are great, but it's the money we get from the home games that will help Deano push on.

I am sure our own no 1 stay away supporter will return to spoil the little joy we are having at the moment by flogging Bowerman at the first chance he gets.

You're a loff ay ya? :roll:

While I agree that at the moment we should be basking in the warm glow of our unexpected success, anybody that denies that the above will happen is just denying a hard cold truth that history shows has happened time and time again. It will happen again and the same people will deny that fact in another 5 or 6 years time when the same happens again.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:27 pm

tinned wrote:
kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Although I've never decided to 'Stay Away', I appreciate and respect the motives of many who do; having said that, you could all do yourselves a big favour (and not line the pockets of everyone's favourite tap magnate) by getting to the away matches instead and getting behind a team who deserve your encouragement - we are certainly worth watching nowadays, some stars in the making who won't be with us forever.

Away matches are great, but it's the money we get from the home games that will help Deano push on.

I am sure our own no 1 stay away supporter will return to spoil the little joy we are having at the moment by flogging Bowerman at the first chance he gets.

While I agree that at the moment we should be basking in the warm glow of our unexpected success, anybody that denies that the above will happen is just denying a hard cold truth that history shows has happened time and time again. It will happen again and the same people will deny that fact in another 5 or 6 years time when the same happens again.

I don't believe that there are many that would deny it Tinned. Some accept that it's what happens in order to balance the books at a L1 club with a hardcore of 3-4 thousand fans, others don't.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Who cares, I don't support Walsall to wait for the inevitable to happen in your start striker being sold, that's usually what happens to poor lower league clubs, no point wallowing in your own stay-away piss ridden chair. I support Walsall cause we are ace, and even ace-er at the moment.

I just await the day of Sheff, that Percie fella, Swiftyboy and Co to come on crying a fudge river when Bowerman goes. Gonna be gold.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Butler
Boweman

Realistic 1 - 1
Butler

Can I have your "hoping" lottery numbers prediction for next week please.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I just await the day of Sheff, that Percie fella, Swiftyboy and Co to come on crying a jolly well river when Bowerman goes.

Swiftyboy will give us the Michael Buble version.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:02 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:I just await the day of Sheff, that Percie fella, Swiftyboy and Co to come on crying a jolly well river when Bowerman goes.

Swiftyboy will give us the Michael Buble version.

:mrgreen:

gray
Glitterati

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm

The thing that will decide if the fans are annoyed will be when he goes and how much he goes for. If we are in the playoffs in January and he's sold for 75k we'll see a lot of angry fans, if he goes in 2 seasons time for half a million I can't see many being too upset.

I don't want to think about all that right now anyway, lets just focus on right her right now UTS!

Glitterati

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Hightlights of the game from Sky website - http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 97,00.html

gray
Glitterati

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm

haha wish they'd focussed more on Butler's Gangnam Style dance celebration.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:23 pm

gray wrote:The thing that will decide if the fans are annoyed will be when he goes and how much he goes for. If we are in the playoffs in January and he's sold for 75k we'll see a lot of angry fans, if he goes in 2 seasons time for half a million I can't see many being too upset.

I don't want to think about all that right now anyway, lets just focus on right her right now UTS!

Agreed. Let's enjoy it while we can, but not be under any illusions as to what may happen in the long term.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Haha, was that taundz sitting in the coach watching them at the end? :lol:

Best seats in the house :P

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Read in the paper today Dean took the lads for a dip in the sea after the game that must have been a bit nippy , makes me wonder what he'd have done had we lost :wink:

another impressive performance

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Duke wrote:Read in the paper today Dean took the lads for a dip in the sea after the game that must have been a bit nippy , makes me wonder what he'd have done had we lost :wink:

another impressive performance

Sunday Mercury :wink: :lol:

Perkwins

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Great result. I've a lovely warm feeling of excitement for this season!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 pm

That protest stuff is utter hilarity.

What the fudge are they protesting about? Yokels.

gray
Glitterati

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 am

latviancheese wrote:That protest stuff is utter hilarity.

What the **** are they protesting about? Yokels.

They've spent loads and are still crap.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 am

ihatethecorps wrote:The Aftermath........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1RG7dhkD8#!

Hilarious :D

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 am

Once again clever use of the budget by Smith. For the second time this season we've stayed overnight on the Friday before a game, for the second time we've come away with a 2-1 win at big-spending opposition. Also a great opportunity for team bonding - the new players singing a song at Pompey, squad going for a dip in the sea at Bournemouth.

Much better than signing a player people have only heard of from Football Manager and think he's good because he can run quite quickly.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 am

tinned wrote:
kshammer wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

We all know it but why can't there be at least a day or so after a game when Walsall fans are actually enjoying a win? The miserable post I replied to was on the Saturday night... not even 24 hours after the match and the negative comments come out. We have the first spell of enjoyable, successful football in ages and still the same old boring comments have to be churned out.

Bonser is evil... WE KNOW. He'll sell our players... WE KNOW. We'll get 10p for them... WE KNOW.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am

DonningtonSaddler wrote:

Butler
Boweman

Realistic 1 - 1
Butler

Can I have your "hoping" lottery numbers prediction for next week please.

Afraid not, I don't really like sharing lottery wins. However I will buy Walsall a present if I win.... Is this O.K? I wish I had put a bet on this now, but I did that for the Portsmouth game and thought I had used up all my betting prowess. Maybe not!

PreviousNext
Return to 2012-13 Season