Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons (H) - League 1 - 08/09/12

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Re: MK Dons (H) - League 1 - 08/09/12

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
latviancheese wrote:
boringteacher wrote: really can't see the logic in destroying our own players.

Because they have sad, lonely,delusional lives on the dole.

Grigg out! Grof out! Holden out! All guano!

To turn a phrase:

Those who have the loudest voices, are usually the biggest retards.

AMEN

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Superb ,chuffed with that

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:We're jolly well brilliant. Stayaways can keep staying away and the rest can enjoy what's hopefully in its infancy.

Thing is, they'll all come crawling back.

ALL ??? I think not. This has never been anything to do with results, so a few wins, or even a lot of wins, won't swing it for me.

So I'll do what FBIG says, and keep staying away.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:We're jolly well brilliant. Stayaways can keep staying away and the rest can enjoy what's hopefully in its infancy.

ALL ??? I think not. This has never been anything to do with results, so a few wins, or even a lot of wins, won't swing it for me.

So you are coming crawling back, the only parameter under negotiation is how many wins it will take.... :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:31 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Until somebody nice comes on at half time?

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 am

SWS1 wrote:Last night I dreamed we won 2 - 1. Am I clairvoyant?

No because we won 1-0 :lol:

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Anyone listening to commentary?

Do Walsall fans chant any more?

1-0 H/T :D

Yeah we do.To be quite honest i think it was the best we have been at home for singing for a long long time.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 am

And on another note that useless ref needs a new bloody watch! 2 minutes held up just before HT and he played 4 and a half!!!! (no stoppages after the board had gone up) and where the hell did he get 5 minutes from at the end?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 am

Message to the 'still-goers'

You won't bring people back to this club by bragging, making drerogratory comments about people and making churlish comments.

Isn't the whole point of supporting Walsall bing that we are essentially a community club based on family and friends? It makes my heart sink that these barriers have gone up between two sets of supporters.

Nothing will change until people stop making snide remarks about each other, and actually encourage supporters to come back.

Not really a revolutionary idea, but one for people to think about.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 am

Saarland Saddler wrote:Message to the 'still-goers'

You won't bring people back to this club by bragging, making drerogratory comments about people and making churlish comments.

Isn't the whole point of supporting Walsall bing that we are essentially a community club based on family and friends? It makes my heart sink that these barriers have gone up between two sets of supporters.

Nothing will change until people stop making snide remarks about each other, and actually encourage supporters to come back.

I agree, harmony is the key...

Plus stayaways smell.

Horozontal Harry
Glitterati

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 am

Cheesebag wrote:

I agree, harmony is the key...

Plus stayaways smell.

Agreed, but at least we smell of chips.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 am

But the kind of football we are playing is EXACTLY what will encourage supporters to come back, apart from that proportion who stay away because of Jeff - and that is far from being all of the stayaways. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, in the end, winning games and playing good football is the ONLY thing that will encourage them to come back. If that means bragging about a good performance, then so be it. As for the others, there will be no change until Jeff goes, or changes his ways, anyway.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am

Saarland Saddler wrote:Nothing will change until people stop making snide remarks about each other, and actually encourage supporters to come back.

I take your point about the snide comments, but those who have stuck with the team through the bad spells we've had over the last couple of years in particular have every right to gloat about the football we're playing at the moment. It's about pride and there seems to be a fair bit of that around the place at the moment.

I couldn't make Saturday's game, and I'm gutted that was the case. The glowing reports on here - or gloating, if that's what you'd prefer to call them - are exactly what make me excited about going to the next game though.

Of course, there are plenty who won't return to matches because of the politics behind the running of the club but that's something we have next to no control of. Let's just enjoy the football and hope there are plenty who want to go back to watching some really good stuff on a Saturday afternoon.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:50 am

There aren't two sets of supporters. You support the team by going to games when you can, or you don't.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Absolutely agree with this. :idea:

And the best way to encourage the perfidious stayaway malcontents that are eating away at the heart and soul of the club like the lilly-livered cowardly WORMS that they are is to begin rounding them up and executing one at every home game until they all come back of their own free will.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm

King Crimson wrote:

There aren't two sets of supporters. You support the team by going to games when you can, or you don't.

Indeed. Though for once, I like Saigon's way I putting it over yours.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Indeed. Though for once, I like Saigon's way I putting it over yours.

Huzzar!

Now I feel like I'm made of sex! :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Stay aways started it.... :lol:

No actually, they did with me anyway. But apparently hes retired now.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm

best the home support has been for a 'bog standard' game for a very long time, well done to those who stood up and refused to sit in silence, and well done to others who joined in with the chants, it eventually snowballed and we had a pretty decent atmosphere going.

Proud to be a saddler.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:55 pm

It was OK, nowt great though and I doubt the MK fans heard us much.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Your loss Geoff.

You used to say it was about ambition. We are clearly showing ambition in trying to play good football and win games, against teams with much greater resources than us. Smith and his team should be applauded for that.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Definitely his loss, the ex Walsall fan.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Your loss Geoff.

You used to say it was about ambition. We are clearly showing ambition in trying to play good football and win games, against teams with much greater resources than us. Smith and his team should be applauded for that.

Don't get them confused.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Got to be a whoosh :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Maybe Saarland has found Jesus. :idea:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Ambition? Its ambitious for us to play this way.

Support the team.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

100%. Surely. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 pm

brummie saddler wrote:Proud to be a saddler.

A-chuffing-men! :D

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season