Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (a) - 25/08/12 - League 1

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Re: Notts County (a) - 25/08/12 - League 1

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 am

bleed_red_n_white wrote:Im at the game and this has been yet another pathetic shambles where we have offered absolutly nothing going forward were a bottom half league 2 side in league 1 and its only a matter of time before county give us a hiding.

You were saying :lol:

Thank you Jeff Bonser & Thank you Dean Smith for asembling this quite frankly pathetic team.

ChopperWFC
UTS Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

Right gents just catching up after two days of getting wed and thoroughly drunk !! Wasn't there obviously but stunned at some of the comments . To play ok ish away from home by a cheeky late goal is my idea of a result. Well done me babbies. !!! The result got told to me during the speeches and it capped a brilliant day.
Let's just see where this result and the confidence gained takes us . Up the Saddlers :D

SWS1

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am

geoffwhiting wrote:Never mind the performance, good or bad, at Notts County it only matters that we won and banked an early 3 points towards our safety target. This was a really good surprise, taking 3 points from one of our most difficult (at least on paper) fixtures.

Thanks to our Notts Forest friend, Bitter Tree Hugger, for keeping me informed by text when my internet was not working in North Wales. Cheers mate, good on yer!

Just one complaint really, it seems no-one on our side pole-axed the odious ginger jailbird and he's still walking on two feet tonight. A great pity, but I guess I'll take the 3 points as a nice consolation! :D

LH? Time to let it go, surely? They say bitterness affects the bitter person more than the target (bitterer more affected than the bitteree? - or have I got that the wrong way round? Help needed on that esoteric point from Welsh Saddler). A time when we have beaten County and YKW* has not scored and is likely to be pensioned off is surely the time to let go. :?:

*You Know Who

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 pm

ChopperWFC wrote:Right gents just catching up after two days of getting wed and thoroughly drunk !! Wasn't there obviously but stunned at some of the comments . To play ok ish away from home by a cheeky late goal is my idea of a result. Well done me babbies. !!! The result got told to me during the speeches and it capped a brilliant day.
Let's just see where this result and the confidence gained takes us . Up the Saddlers :D

Congratulations on your marriage and I wish you a happy and prosperous future together

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

SWS1 wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:Never mind the performance, good or bad, at Notts County it only matters that we won and banked an early 3 points towards our safety target. This was a really good surprise, taking 3 points from one of our most difficult (at least on paper) fixtures.

Thanks to our Notts Forest friend, Bitter Tree Hugger, for keeping me informed by text when my internet was not working in North Wales. Cheers mate, good on yer!

Just one complaint really, it seems no-one on our side pole-axed the odious ginger jailbird and he's still walking on two feet tonight. A great pity, but I guess I'll take the 3 points as a nice consolation! :D

LH? Time to let it go, surely? They say bitterness affects the bitter person more than the target (bitterer more affected than the bitteree? - or have I got that the wrong way round? Help needed on that esoteric point from Welsh Saddler). A time when we have beaten County and YKW* has not scored and is likely to be pensioned off is surely the time to let go. :?:

*You Know Who

Who? :?

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 pm

SWS1 wrote:

LH? Time to let it go, surely? Would you say that if it was your family he'd ruined? They say bitterness affects the bitter person more than the target (bitterer more affected than the bitteree? - or have I got that the wrong way round? Help needed on that esoteric point from Welsh Saddler). A time when we have beaten County and YKW* has not scored and is likely to be pensioned off is surely the time to let go. :?:

*You Know Who

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Willenhall Saddler wrote:
SWS1 wrote:

LH? Time to let it go, surely? Would you say that if it was your family he'd ruined? They say bitterness affects the bitter person more than the target (bitterer more affected than the bitteree? - or have I got that the wrong way round? Help needed on that esoteric point from Welsh Saddler). A time when we have beaten County and YKW* has not scored and is likely to be pensioned off is surely the time to let go. :?:

*You Know Who

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Match report on the front page. Thanks nottmsaddler!

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... -and-grab/

ChopperWFC
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm

ihatethecorps wrote:
ChopperWFC wrote:Right gents just catching up after two days of getting wed and thoroughly drunk !! Wasn't there obviously but stunned at some of the comments . To play ok ish away from home by a cheeky late goal is my idea of a result. Well done me babbies. !!! The result got told to me during the speeches and it capped a brilliant day.

Congratulations on your marriage and I wish you a happy and prosperous future together

Thank you that's very kind .......must have said that a million times the past few days :lol:
Itching to see the boys Saturday . Nothing left in the pot for qpr I'm afraid :cry:

WelshWalsallBen
UTS Regular

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Cracking result and won a few quid as well.

Had £2 on Butker fs/ls Had him ever game last season and will do the same this season.

Had £1 on 1-0 Walsall win

and £2 on Walsall win small stakes but all count. And with no strikers Centre backs worth a punt with corners.

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season