Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Kidderminster Harriers (A) Friendly 31st July

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (A) Friendly 31st July

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Nope both wrong, and my information is from a 100% reliable source, not at liberty to divulge.

I knew there was something funny about it at the time.

If you can't divulge it, then I for one, won't take any notice! Can't say what it is, or who said it!!!!

Not bothered, you'd probably disbelieve it anyway, or find some positive spin for it.

I can't divulge because it's quite embarassing for the club, and I promised the person who told me I wouldnt.

So why bother mentioning anything about it in the first place if you can't, or were never going to, give any details whatsoever?

Now we all just want to know!!!

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Nope both wrong, and my information is from a 100% reliable source, not at liberty to divulge.

If you can't divulge it, then I for one, won't take any notice! Can't say what it is, or who said it!!!!

Not bothered, you'd probably disbelieve it anyway, or find some positive spin for it.

I can't divulge because it's quite embarassing for the club, and I promised the person who told me I wouldnt.

So why bother mentioning anything about it in the first place if you can't, or were never going to, give any details whatsoever?

Actually I don't. I couldn't give a monkeys about Phil's made-up tale. i'll take Flo's loan signing at face value, thanks, and appreciate his coming to us which a stackload of other high standard kids won't do because they're arrogant little scrotes with overinflated egos.

SWS1

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 pm

NigelFareastx wrote:Holden is a shocking signing
Beevers please return
U could understand u if y thought
We are going to get some quality
We won't !!!!!!!!

TEXT-SPEAK IS NOT ALLOWED ON UTS - POSTS WILL BE DELETED IN FUTURE IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY - MOD

What is MOD text-speak for? :?

ExLandlord (HUFC)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Interesting to read the comments on Purkiss and Featherstone.

I believe Feathers was made an offer but it would have been a fair bit less than his last years deal. He didn't accept (as expected) and the offer was withdrawn. I don't think many down 'ere are losing too much sleep over it. Works hard but needs someone alongside who can run the game and him.

Purkiss, on the other hand, is one I liked. Good steady player with a decent cross when he gets forward. Not sure if we made him much of an offer but I'd guess he would have opted to stay in The League anyway (if he can find a job). He won't let you down.

Good luck.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

SWS1 wrote:
Beevers please return
We won't !!!!!!!!

TEXT-SPEAK IS NOT ALLOWED ON UTS - POSTS WILL BE DELETED IN FUTURE IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY - MOD

:lol: nice one!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 am

Willenhall Saddler wrote:
SWS1 wrote:
Beevers please return
We won't !!!!!!!!

:lol: nice one!

MOD is the permitted acronym for the UTS Ministry Of Defence - you know, the people with superior weapons at their disposal........ :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 am

Exile wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Actually I don't. I couldn't give a monkeys about Phil's made-up tale. i'll take Flo's loan signing at face value, thanks, and appreciate his coming to us which a stackload of other high standard kids won't do because they're arrogant little scrotes with overinflated egos.

Alright!! Easy E!! :shock: :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Exile wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:[quote="philthesaddler"]Nope both wrong, and my information is from a 100% reliable source, not at liberty to divulge.

Alright!! Easy E!! :shock: :wink:[/quote]

Straight outta Compton!!!!

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 am

saddlersam wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Nigel, on this website, unless your opinion conforms with one of the following:

- "I agree"
- "But we make money from commercial income"
- "Player X has got potential, another 5 or 6 years and he might be good enough"
- "Stayaways are stupid/not true fans" - Stayaways are stupid and are completely missing the point.
- "He's a great signing (regardless of who he is)"

...you will get castigated, mocked and buried beneath the sheer volume of general idiocy and rose-tinted BS.

I find, on this website you generally only get castigated and mocked when acting like a complete plank.

I am therefore castigating and mocking the above section of your post.

POW! Right in the kisser!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 am

Exile wrote:Actually I don't. I couldn't give a monkeys about Phil's made-up tale. i'll take Flo's loan signing at face value, thanks, and appreciate his coming to us which a stackload of other high standard kids won't do because they're arrogant little scrotes with overinflated egos.

So made-up that someone I've never met on this forum has heard the same thing?

Yeh, really made up lol.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:51 am

philthesaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Actually I don't. I couldn't give a monkeys about Phil's made-up tale. i'll take Flo's loan signing at face value, thanks, and appreciate his coming to us which a stackload of other high standard kids won't do because they're arrogant little scrotes with overinflated egos.

Yeh, really made up lol.

I can confirm that what Philthesaddler cannot divulge is very much true.

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

Saying you know something but can't divulge is weak.

Either man up and spill the beans or keep your counsel.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:46 pm

tinned wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

No, Philthesaddler has been told something in confidence that he cannot divulge any further. He shouldn't get flack for that.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Asps wrote:
tinned wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

No, Philthesaddler has been told something in confidence that he cannot divulge any further. He shouldn't get flack for that.

He isn't. He's getting flack for not saying nothing at all, which is what he should have done

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Asps wrote:
tinned wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

Erm, that falls in the keep your counsel option.

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm

tinned wrote:
Asps wrote:
tinned wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

Erm, that falls in the keep your counsel option.

Lets not forget the Flo signing per "Phil" was a rumour started by the club to create a positive vibe

philthesaddler wrote:I dont trust Mashiter either, this "rumour" could easily have been planted or substantiated by someone at WFC, especially seen as there is a focus meeting tonight, and the club could do with some vaguely positive news to stifle criticism.

I wonder if anyone has a copy of the season ticket flyer with "Ledesma is back" on it? That makes interesting reading now.

Personally, I doubt we'll sign him back, there's plenty of clubs at this level that could offer him first team football.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Asps wrote:
tinned wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Yeh, really made up lol.

He isn't. He's getting flack for not saying nothing at all, which is what he should have done

Exactamundo dudes... :wink:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:12 pm

There's two issues here;

Firstly, I doubted the signing would happen based on my knowledge of whats going on at WFC at the moment, and my general knowledge of football, and wages paid etc.

Secondly, because I doubted it would happen, I imagined it might have been a PR plot, a lot like we've seen in the past from WFC, and I also suggested the the timing of the signing was done on purpose to deflect difficult questions at the focus meeting.

Given what I have since been told, my suspicions that there was something odd about the signing of Cuvelier have been born out - that is why I chose to post that I know something, but refused to release details of it. It's the constant stream of criticism for my views, which I have the right to defend.

If the person who holds the "information" wants to reveal it on this message board, then it is up to them. Until that happens, I'll keep my lips sealed.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:31 pm

philthesaddler wrote:There's two issues here;

Firstly, I doubted the signing would happen based on my knowledge of whats going on at WFC at the moment, and my general knowledge of football, and wages paid etc.

Secondly, because I doubted it would happen, I imagined it might have been a PR plot, a lot like we've seen in the past from WFC, and I also suggested the the timing of the signing was done on purpose to deflect difficult questions at the focus meeting.

Given what I have since been told, my suspicions that there was something odd about the signing of Cuvelier have been born out - that is why I chose to post that I know something, but refused to release details of it. It's the constant stream of criticism for my views, which I have the right to defend.

If the person who holds the "information" wants to reveal it on this message board, then it is up to them. Until that happens, I'll keep my lips sealed.

So, you're admitting you were wrong twice?????!!L

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:There's two issues here;

So, you're admitting you were wrong twice?????!!L

Let it rest Neil, it is not a big issue. Not as if someone had died or not :wink:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33 pm

No, I'm proving that I was correct in thinking there was something odd about the signing, which there was.

Ken Barlow
UTS Veteran

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Are we supposed to believe Phil? Anyone can come up with a rumour. It is easy to make something up regarding the club yet not reveal it.

I could tell you something about WFC right now but wont. That is pretty much what Phil is saying. I have personally heard both positives and negatives about Walsall FC and the way the club is run but as I dont know if they are true or not, I ignore them. Im sure we all hear rumours regarding the club, players etc but choose not to believe or simply ignore them. But, as this is Phil and im guessing its a negative against the club, he will happily believe the rumour and try and sting us along, making us think something is wrong with the Flo signing.

I personally dont care how we got the lad. Hes one of the best players we have had at the club in a long time and I am very happy he is here. If Deano had to pull a few strings to get him back then fair play to him, he has done all he can to get Flo back at WFC.

I dont know what can be 'odd' about the signing, Phil. So either tell us what you've been told or get of your high horse and shut ya gob.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm

You can believe what you want, personally I dont care. I'm not being cryptic, I'm not continuing this, I'm just responding to criticism of my views.

Cully
Site Addict

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Is the mystery source a former Walsall player currently playing non league football for Shrewsbury?

If anyone's interested I can confirm that the players budget for season 2012/13 is £800,000 by the way. :)

TheSaddlers
UTS Veteran

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 pm

philthesaddler wrote:You can believe what you want, personally I dont care. I'm not being cryptic, I'm not continuing this, I'm just responding to criticism of my views.

...and, likewise, you can choose to believe the bollocks that you've been told.

We've got Flo for half a season, at least. Nobody really cares how it happened; it happened.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 am

TheSaddlers wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:You can believe what you want, personally I dont care. I'm not being cryptic, I'm not continuing this, I'm just responding to criticism of my views.

...and, likewise, you can choose to believe the betties that you've been told.

We've got Flo for half a season, at least. Nobody really cares how it happened; it happened.

Phil, I'm pretty certain I know what you're talking about but I think it should just be left now and we should appreciate, regardless of the current situation, that we have a player of Flo's ability back at Walsall.

On the whole it's not actually the biggest deal, it's not the first time i've heard of it happening and we're not the first club to have to accept it but either way we have the lad back, it's shown some people that I don't really know to be thoroughly ruddy nice people and I think they're two very important factors here.

I'm just looking forward to watching the boy run midfields again.

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season