Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

AFC Telford United (A) Friendly Tuesday 24 July

Reports and reaction from the 2012-2013 season as Walsall finished 9th in League 1
Forum rules
no avoiding the language filter, no text speak, no breaking the rules
DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Re: AFC Telford United (A) Friendly Tuesday 24 July

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 pm

latviancheese wrote:
Chris wrote:On a different note, what was with the crazy tunstile situation? It was like the bleeding Krypton Factor trying to get an adult and a 5 year old in together. Queued up twice at two different entrances and got turned away, as they were "adults only" and "concessions only". They made us split up and enter at opposite ends of the ground in the end.

For a friendly! Really?

Crazy bar stewards!

Them weird down that way though aint they. I failed to see why it mattered, are they not capable of processing more than one price bracket at the turnstile. :lol:

I had to send my boy through one turnstile at one end, then send the missus through with the right money (at the other end) because they had no change. Five minutes later I managed to get in in after they robbed the programme seller get some change to give me. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you are going to charge £8.00 to get in you need plenty of quids in your float.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Re: Telford v Walsall

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Darth Vader wrote:3 pound for a pint of warm piss - absolutely horrid. Evo still downs them though no hassle. :lol:

To be fair, I hadn't had a hot drink all day :D

I was also turned away at the tunrstiles. Once I noticed a couple of people heading in with fivers and coins I tried again.

I had a chat with Cyclo too and we discussed the merits of the word lambast :D

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:46 pm

i nearly got away with a right treat by their staff, car park was 3 pound and i asked if he had change for a 20, he gave me 17 pound without taking my 20, i looked at the missus to say do i say sumit and being from the goscott she looked as if to say fudge lovely, i froze abit and just before heading off the guy said to me "did i take that 20 off you" and i just done the honest thing and gave him the 20, would of been bosting if i got away with it though.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:19 pm

To be fair we had 16 quid for two of us exact. Im quite dissappointed we didnt have odd money as i fancied an argument after the steward sent us the wrong way to the away end.

:D

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:59 am

brummie saddler wrote:i nearly got away with a right treat by their staff, car park was 3 pound and i asked if he had change for a 20, he gave me 17 pound without taking my 20, i looked at the missus to say do i say sumit and being from the goscott she looked as if to say jolly well lovely, i froze abit and just before heading off the guy said to me "did i take that 20 off you" and i just done the honest thing and gave him the 20, would of been bosting if i got away with it though.

Car park was £3.00? Great idea me turning up early then (6pm) i paid nothing because i was there before the car park attendants :lol:

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Willenhall Saddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:i nearly got away with a right treat by their staff, car park was 3 pound and i asked if he had change for a 20, he gave me 17 pound without taking my 20, i looked at the missus to say do i say sumit and being from the goscott she looked as if to say jolly well lovely, i froze abit and just before heading off the guy said to me "did i take that 20 off you" and i just done the honest thing and gave him the 20, would of been bosting if i got away with it though.

Car park was £3.00? Great idea me turning up early then (6pm) i paid nothing because i was there before the car park attendants :lol:

:lol: Way to do it!
Maybe if they'd charged £2 for car park, then the £8 for the match ticket then they wouldn't have been running around for £1 coins as someone said! :D
Anyway, hope everyone enjoyed the first game of the season.. undefeated! :wink:

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:11 pm

DonningtonSaddler wrote:Who was number 22 who played the second half? He look out to impress with some good runs.

I think Baxendale played in the first half.

Is anyone of you lot going to tell me who was 22, or what!!!?

DavidWFC2010
UTS Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 pm

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
DonningtonSaddler wrote:Who was number 22 who played the second half? He look out to impress with some good runs.

The or what...

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 pm

DavidWFC2010 wrote:
DonningtonSaddler wrote:

The or what...

cheers

Previous
Return to 2012-13 Season