Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Reserves v. Derby County - 3/4/12

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Reserves v. Derby County - 3/4/12

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Central Reserve League - Central Division

Walsall 1-1 Derby County

Saddlers (4-4-2)
Liam Maher

Ben George
Jamie Tank (Captain)
Ollie Lancashire (Danny Cresswell, 20th min.)
Malvind Benning

Connor Deards
Reece Flanagan (Mitchell Botfield, 63rd min.)
Anton Peterlin
Jake Jones

Will Grigg (Aaron Williams, 66th min.)
Joey Butlin

Unused Substitutes
Jack Dobson
Liam Roberts (gk)

Manager:- Neil Woods

Goal Log:-
48th Min. - 0-1 - The impressive Mason Bennett beat a couple of defenders to score with a deflected shot.
87th min. - 1-1 - a cracking shot from Joey Butlin gives the young Saddlers a rather fortunate share of the points.

The live match blog:-
http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,, ... 72,00.html

The club's match report:-
http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,, ... 28,00.html

The opposition point of view:-
http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 26,00.html

League leaders, Derby, can consider themselves a little unfortunate to leave Bescot with only one point but credit must be given to the Saddlers for sticking to their task. Lancashire left the field early, presumably as a precautionary measure, after he picked up a knock. The other two players who have figured fairly regularly in the 1st team squad, albeit from the bench, Peterlin and Grigg, did nothing to suggest that they are ready for a recall to the senior side starting XI. It was a game that Derby controlled throughout but their finishing was not very good.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Re: Reserves v. Derby County - 3/4/12

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 pm

thought Butlin took his goal really well and was impressed with Deards and Benning :mrgreen:

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Anyone (by which I probably mean Pedagogue) got info on Aaron Williams? I know nothing about him but see that he's been scoring regular for the youth team this season.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:Anyone (by which I probably mean Pedagogue) got info on Aaron Williams? I know nothing about him but see that he's been scoring regular for the youth team this season.

I watched him play for the Youth Team against Carlisle, last week, as well. He looks a promising player and he certainly improved our attacking prospects when he replaced Grigg, yesterday.

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Pedagogue wrote:
Registered Saddler wrote:Anyone (by which I probably mean Pedagogue) got info on Aaron Williams? I know nothing about him but see that he's been scoring regular for the youth team this season.

I watched him play for the Youth Team against Carlisle, last week, as well. He looks a promising player and he certainly improved our attacking prospects when he replaced Grigg, yesterday.

Have to agree, Grigg did very little.

Return to 2011-12 Season