Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Rochdale (A) League 1 Saturday 31/3/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Rochdale (A) League 1 Saturday 31/3/12.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:
latviancheese wrote:Lancashire at right back?

Only if your playing a hoofball team, he would get raped by any team with pace out wide.

The Rape of Lancashire - would have historians (and Saigon) scurrying to the bookshelves.

I think Saigon is a naturist.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Exile wrote:
gerryhatrick wrote:
latviancheese wrote:Lancashire at right back?

Only if your playing a hoofball team, he would get raped by any team with pace out wide.

The Rape of Lancashire - would have historians (and Saigon) scurrying to the bookshelves.

I think Saigon is a naturist.

I get most of my bed-time reading material on-line now. :D

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Saw the highlights on Late Kick Off, funny as fudge seeing Walsall fans on the pitch once Butler nodded that home. Class.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Saw the highlights on Late Kick Off, funny as **** seeing Walsall fans on the pitch once Butler nodded that home. Class.

It's so odd, how unexcited I was about that equaliser. Like I said in another thread, that goal could well be the difference between staying up and going down, it was a pretty vital goal. I just felt so pig sick, we hadn't won that match, I had no energy, or desire to celebrate it. Possibly one of the weirdest moments I have ever had following Walsall, and that's saying something.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:38 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:Saw the highlights on Late Kick Off, funny as **** seeing Walsall fans on the pitch once Butler nodded that home. Class.

It's so odd, how unexcited I was about that equaliser. Like I said in another thread, that goal could well be the difference between staying up and going down, it was a pretty vital goal. I just felt so pig sick, we hadn't won that match, I had no energy, or desire to celebrate it. Possibly one of the weirdest moments I have ever had following Walsall, and that's saying something.

For anyone looking for consolation, just think how sick you'd have felt as a Rochdale fan.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:48 am

WFC_Rob wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

For anyone looking for consolation, just think how sick you'd have felt as a Rochdale fan.

I honestly don't think they were bothered. Well they obviously weren't happy, but they didn't exactly turn out in numbers did they? Not sure how many Walsall were there, but at a guess 450, which makes their gate laughable, meaning they had already given up, before Saturday.

I'm over it now anyway, we are still in a decent position, providing we make it count Saturday, Saturday just felt like the end of the world. Odd game is football.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm

451 I heard.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

I honestly don't think they were bothered. Well they obviously weren't happy, but they didn't exactly turn out in numbers did they? Not sure how many Walsall were there, but at a guess 450, which makes their gate laughable, meaning they had already given up, before Saturday.

I'm over it now anyway, we are still in a decent position, providing we make it count Saturday, Saturday just felt like the end of the world. Odd game is football.

I was like you, so disappointed that we had dropped two points that were there for the taking.

I think the Rochdale fan psychology would be that they had got one point when they should have had none and I don't think they had time to process that they'd snatched all three points before we equalised.

Previous
Return to 2011-12 Season