Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturday 3/3/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Duke
Site Addict

Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturday 3/3/12.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Our third succesive away fixure and the first of eight we face in an hectic March , Orient sit 15th in the table 39 points from 31 played .

Full home record
won 4 - drew 4 - lost -8 - goals for 15 - against 23 .

Last 6 league games

Chesterfield - home - drew 1-1
Preston - away - won 2-0
Colchester - home - lost 0-1
Bournemouth - away - won 2-1
Scunthorpe home - lost 1-3
Bury - away - drew 1-1

Prediction:

Lets keep the unbeaten and clean sheet run going

0-1 Grigg on target

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Re: Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturday 3/3/12.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Can't wait! Off to this 'un.

2-2 Draw, 231 Saddlers.

Slade

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 am

Firstly apologies for the fact you'll need a bank loan to get into the seething cauldron that is Brisbane Road ... however once you're in there you can settle down safe in the knowledge that even a forward line containing Ryan Jarvis is likely to get plenty of joy against us .. yesterday up at Bury we could quite easily have been 4 up at half time .. but then for the 27th time this season we sat back at 1-0 up and ended up hanging on for a point .. and our home record is dreadful as Wycombe .. Scunthorpe and Chesterfield will verify .. yet we beat Charlton .. We play this bizarre system of 4-5-1 but with no right midfielder ... and yesterday we shoehorned 4 central defenders into the team along with 3 central midfielders .. and a centre forward ... playing central midfield .. If you've not been before .. with the exception of The Birkbeck in Langthorne Road behind the tube station ... there's no decent boozers for miles aroind .. no decent chippies .. and certainly no chips in the ground !

Prediction ... 1-1 .. with Jonathan " I scored against Arsenal and earned a million pound replay " Tehoue for us ... and Ryan " I scored against Liverpool and was once really highly rated " Jarvinho for your lot .. and nobody will remember any of it come Sunday morning ..

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 am

Slade = a better class of rival supporter on here. No delusional grandeur, literate, and humorous.

In fact, if other 'O' fans are of this ilk, I may have to jettison the riff-raff on here that have been holding me back for years and get myself darn sarf to Brisbane Road.
:mrgreen:

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 am

Leyton Orient 0-7 Walsall
Duke to to hold a banner which reads Barry Hearn Out

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

Darth Vader wrote:Can't wait! Off to this 'un.

2-2 Draw, 231 Saddlers.

You sure?

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

Slade wrote:Firstly apologies for the fact you'll need a bank loan to get into the seething cauldron that is Brisbane Road ... i won't thanks to the Sun! And a mate who offered me a ticket for £9.50however once you're in there you can settle down safe in the knowledge that even a forward line containing Ryan Jarvis is likely to get plenty of joy against us .. yesterday up at Bury we could quite easily have been 4 up at half time .. but then for the 27th time this season we sat back at 1-0 up and ended up hanging on for a point .. and our home record is dreadful as Wycombe .. Scunthorpe and Chesterfield will verify .. yet we beat Charlton .. We play this bizarre system of 4-5-1 but with no right midfielder ... and yesterday we shoehorned 4 central defenders into the team along with 3 central midfielders .. and a centre forward ... playing central midfield .. If you've not been before .. with the exception of The Birkbeck in Langthorne Road behind the tube station ... there's no decent boozers for miles aroind .. no decent chippies .. and certainly no chips in the ground !

Prediction ... 1-1 .. with Jonathan " I scored against Arsenal and earned a million pound replay " Tehoue for us ... and Ryan " I scored against Liverpool and was once really highly rated " Jarvinho for your lot .. and nobody will remember any of it come Sunday morning ..

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

Slade wrote:Firstly apologies for the fact you'll need a bank loan to get into the seething cauldron that is Brisbane Road ... however once you're in there you can settle down safe in the knowledge that even a forward line containing Ryan Jarvis is likely to get plenty of joy against us .. yesterday up at Bury we could quite easily have been 4 up at half time .. but then for the 27th time this season we sat back at 1-0 up and ended up hanging on for a point .. and our home record is dreadful as Wycombe .. Scunthorpe and Chesterfield will verify .. yet we beat Charlton .. We play this bizarre system of 4-5-1 but with no right midfielder ... and yesterday we shoehorned 4 central defenders into the team along with 3 central midfielders .. and a centre forward ... playing central midfield .. If you've not been before .. with the exception of The Birkbeck in Langthorne Road behind the tube station ... there's no decent boozers for miles aroind .. no decent chippies .. and certainly no chips in the ground !

Jarvis won't score because he won't even be on the bench.What did you truly honestly think of him? Personally he's one of the worst players i've ever seen wear a Walsall shirt! The quicker he's out of our club into non league (where he WILL end up) the better.He is garbage.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Jarvis, from highly rated, to highly slated. He is rubbish though, in every sense of the word.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Jarvis, from highly rated, to highly slated. He is rubbish though, in every sense of the word.

Rubbish??? He's not that good! He must be living off that fluke goal he scored against Liverpool for Norwich.Because he brings absolutely nothing to the team.God knows what Bournemouth were doing on the day when he scored 2! They were atrocious.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:43 pm

2-1 win. Flo and Butler. Jarvis (hopefully) wont be near the squad again. xxx

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Duke wrote:Our third succesive away fixure and the first of eight we face in an hectic March , Orient sit 15th in the table 39 points from 31 played .

Full home record

Last 6 league games

Preston - away - won 2-0
Bury - away - drew 1-1

Prediction:

0-1 Grigg on target

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grigg won't score even if he was the only player on the pitch

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:
Duke wrote:Our third succesive away fixure and the first of eight we face in an hectic March , Orient sit 15th in the table 39 points from 31 played .

Full home record

Last 6 league games

Preston - away - won 2-0
Bury - away - drew 1-1

Prediction:

0-1 Grigg on target

Id rather have Grigg than Ryan (i've scored 1 fluke goal against Liverpool that i'll try & live off for the rest of my career) Jarvis anyday.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Willenhall Saddler wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:Can't wait! Off to this 'un.

2-2 Draw, 231 Saddlers.

You sure?

Booked up babes xx.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Slade wrote:Firstly apologies for the fact you'll need a bank loan to get into the seething cauldron that is Brisbane Road ... however once you're in there you can settle down safe in the knowledge that even a forward line containing Ryan Jarvis is likely to get plenty of joy against us .. yesterday up at Bury we could quite easily have been 4 up at half time .. but then for the 27th time this season we sat back at 1-0 up and ended up hanging on for a point .. and our home record is dreadful as Wycombe .. Scunthorpe and Chesterfield will verify .. yet we beat Charlton .. We play this bizarre system of 4-5-1 but with no right midfielder ... and yesterday we shoehorned 4 central defenders into the team along with 3 central midfielders .. and a centre forward ... playing central midfield .. If you've not been before .. with the exception of The Birkbeck in Langthorne Road behind the tube station ... there's no decent boozers for miles aroind .. no decent chippies .. and certainly no chips in the ground !

Yeah I've heard about the fantastic Birsbane Roar Slade, why I'm making the trip if I'm completely honest.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:

Full home record

Last 6 league games

Preston - away - won 2-0
Bury - away - drew 1-1

Prediction:

0-1 Grigg on target

Yeah! re arrange the words to this well known phrase or saying:
a couldn't brothel in score.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Jarvis won't score because he won't even be on the bench.What did you truly honestly think of him? Personally he's one of the worst players i've ever seen wear a Walsall shirt! The quicker he's out of our club into non league (where he WILL end up) the better.He is garbage.

I think there was an Orient fans who posted on our site when we bought Jarvis and he sad "We'll replace him with like for like ...... and buy a chocolate teapot".

I may be wrong but I think Slade is a mate of Walsall's most famous fan ..... Evoooooooooo.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:

Full home record

Last 6 league games

Preston - away - won 2-0
Bury - away - drew 1-1

Prediction:

0-1 Grigg on target

Id rather have Grigg than Ryan (i've scored 1 fluke goal against Liverpool that i'll try & live off for the rest of my career) Jarvis anyday.

I'd rather have my 5 year old grandaughter upfront that Jarvis

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Surreal prediction interlude:

DS to take the team on a tour of the paralympic venues to jolly them up.
Nicholls to get a bit lost and sits on Sepp Blatter's personal seat in the stadium.
He now possesses the ability to pass through more than three dimensions and move faster than light.
He offers his secret to Macken for a packet of M&Ms only to be told it was all caused by a loose cable.
FBI to drug the pair of them until become all forgetful and sluggish - nobody notices any difference.
The game finishes 0-0 - obviously!

Slade

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 am

We had Jarvis on loan first in 2006-2007 ... and started with five goals in his first three games .. we tried to buy him .. and I mean actually pay money for him which happens with us about as much as it does your lot .. Norwich turned us down flat saying he was a vital part of the future .. then a few months later gave him a free .. For two years he was utter rubbish .. until the vital relegation six pointer against Wycombe at the end of 2009-2010 when he battered a 25 yarder that more or less kept us up .. Russell Slade gave him a new contract .. and then never played him April 2011 .. When he promptly came on in injury time against Peterborough purely because we had nobody else left on the bench except a 16 year old keeper .. and scored to keep our play off chances alive .. He had that knack of just when you'd thought his level was that of Darlaston Town .. of coming up with a vital goal .. which disguised the fact he was slow .. cumbersome .. and had the killer instinct of Sam Parkin .. He'll certainly appear in some of your future Worst ever XI's .. Unlike Adam "Superman" Chambers ... it's a pity that injuries have caught up with him .. certainly in his last year with us and from what I've read the same is true with your lot ... as he could easily have been Championship level ..

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 am

I have personally seen flashes of good play from Jarvis but hey ho, you can't expect a forward to do well with no service.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:I have personally seen flashes of good play from Jarvis but hey ho, you can't expect a forward to do well with no service.

I often have flashes of good play when on Reedswood Park.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I often have flashes when in Reedswood Park.

Yes, we've all heard about you flashing in the park! :mrgreen:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm

:lol:

Nowt better than a fully naked run in the morning.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Slade wrote:We had Jarvis on loan first in 2006-2007 ... and started with five goals in his first three games .. we tried to buy him .. and I mean actually pay money for him which happens with us about as much as it does your lot .. Norwich turned us down flat saying he was a vital part of the future .. then a few months later gave him a free .. For two years he was utter rubbish .. until the vital relegation six pointer against Wycombe at the end of 2009-2010 when he battered a 25 yarder that more or less kept us up .. Russell Slade gave him a new contract .. and then never played him April 2011 .. When he promptly came on in injury time against Peterborough purely because we had nobody else left on the bench except a 16 year old keeper .. and scored to keep our play off chances alive .. He had that knack of just when you'd thought his level was that of Darlaston Town .. of coming up with a vital goal .. which disguised the fact he was slow .. cumbersome .. and had the killer instinct of Sam Parkin .. He'll certainly appear in some of your future Worst ever XI's .. Unlike Adam "Superman" Chambers ... it's a pity that injuries have caught up with him .. certainly in his last year with us and from what I've read the same is true with your lot ... as he could easily have been Championship level ..

What a dream strike force, Jarvis and Parkin :shock:

He has scored one wonder goal for us. He looked lively when he came on at Rochdale away in the tin pot cup but generally watching him when has played makes me wonder why he gets a contract at a professional football club ahead of my 8 year old daughter. For me Chambers has been a massive dissapointment apart from a couple of decent games. He has spent a fair bit of his career in decent teams. But he's done not a lot for us. Pity I can't make it saturday, always enjoy visiting Orient. Proper fans, proper club and always a good day out. Our clubs have much in common :wink:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:
Slade wrote:We had Jarvis on loan first in 2006-2007 ... and started with five goals in his first three games .. we tried to buy him .. and I mean actually pay money for him which happens with us about as much as it does your lot .. Norwich turned us down flat saying he was a vital part of the future .. then a few months later gave him a free .. For two years he was utter rubbish .. until the vital relegation six pointer against Wycombe at the end of 2009-2010 when he battered a 25 yarder that more or less kept us up .. Russell Slade gave him a new contract .. and then never played him April 2011 .. When he promptly came on in injury time against Peterborough purely because we had nobody else left on the bench except a 16 year old keeper .. and scored to keep our play off chances alive .. He had that knack of just when you'd thought his level was that of Darlaston Town .. of coming up with a vital goal .. which disguised the fact he was slow .. cumbersome .. and had the killer instinct of Sam Parkin .. He'll certainly appear in some of your future Worst ever XI's .. Unlike Adam "Superman" Chambers ... it's a pity that injuries have caught up with him .. certainly in his last year with us and from what I've read the same is true with your lot ... as he could easily have been Championship level ..

What a dream strike force, Jarvis and Parkin :shock:

He has scored one wonder goal for us. He looked lively when he came on at Rochdale away in the tin pot cup but generally watching him when has played makes me wonder why he gets a contract at a professional football club ahead of my 8 year old daughter. For me Chambers has been a massive dissapointment apart from a couple of decent games. He has spent a fair bit of his career in decent teams. But he's done not a lot for us. Pity I can't make it saturday, always enjoy visiting Orient. Proper fans, proper club and always a good day out. Our clubs have much in common :wink:

Do you ? Wow, it is my least favourite of all away days. Horrible place, horrible ground, no decent boozers, disgusting.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm

I can't wait to see the flats.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:49 pm

well I've always managed to find decent boozers :D

If you can't find a decent boozer in London you must have the initiative of Will Grigg :D

Parts of North East London ar a dump but then again so is Walsall. Worst thing about Orient away is if you're travelling from Walsall as it takes forever to get there. Everytime I've been I have made sure I was working in London so travel wasn't an issue. Still prefer deep sarf when it comes to London though. dmittedly ground is dodgy with the flats. But is our dump any better?

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

The away end looks decent for noise anyways.

Don't mind the ground overall, quite tidy, heard it's worse than the Bescot for atmosphere though. :shock:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:well I've always managed to find decent boozers :D

If you can't find a decent boozer in London you must have the initiative of Will Grigg :D

Parts of North East London ar a dump but then again so is Walsall. Worst thing about Orient away is if you're travelling from Walsall as it takes forever to get there. Everytime I've been I have made sure I was working in London so travel wasn't an issue. Still prefer deep sarf when it comes to London though. dmittedly ground is dodgy with the flats. But is our dump any better?

Last time I went, we found a pub (Eventually) To be greeted by a horrible cockney accent, that would be Doffer then :lol:

Next
Return to 2011-12 Season