Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturday 3/3/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Leyton Orient (A) League 1 Saturday 3/3/12.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
Oh and I also thought singing 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' towards the Orient fans to our left highly embarrassing and make sus look very small-time.

Utter fudge Cringe.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Totally ashamed.

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Whitters wrote:7 points out of 9 is promotion form.

It is. But we have 5 points out of the last 9. Which isn't.

bangsection
Site Addict

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 pm

brackley wrote:
clawtheolder wrote:Just saw the goal on Sky, oh for a centre forward to score goals like that :wink:

Also saw the one we conceded.......... got to say Grof looked hesitant in getting off his line that allowed their bloke to nick it before they scrambled it in. Young lad.........its all about experience, shot stopping ability is only part of goalkeeping the bigger part is decision making - he will learn

Spoke to my brother who was at the game today and despite acknowledging Grof's hesitancy for the goal he still had the big Hungarian lad down as his MOTM. Closely followed by @Taundz who really seems to be growing into this attacking full back role - his excellent shot forced the corner that we equalised from (which he also took, I think).

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 pm

How dare you mention Taundry and "played well" in the same sentance. Dont you know he is the worst footballer to play for Walsall, and is the only reason we are shite.

He also drives a second hand Land Rover. Scum.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 pm

bangsection wrote:
brackley wrote:
clawtheolder wrote:Just saw the goal on Sky, oh for a centre forward to score goals like that :wink:

Also saw the one we conceded.......... got to say Grof looked hesitant in getting off his line that allowed their bloke to nick it before they scrambled it in. Young lad.........its all about experience, shot stopping ability is only part of goalkeeping the bigger part is decision making - he will learn

Spoke to my brother who was at the game today and despite acknowledging Grof's hesitancy for the goal he still had the big Hungarian lad down as his MOTM. Closely followed by @Taundz who really seems to be growing into this attacking full back role - his excellent shot forced the corner that we equalised from (which he also took, I think).

Two quality saves kept us in the game in the second half.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:34 am

Harshish send off for them, Grof is keeping us up by himself.

I love Walsall, if you dont. fudge off.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 am

latviancheese wrote:Harshish send off for them, Grof is keeping us up by himself.

I love Walsall, if you dont. **** off.

I certainly do

In the words of probably the greatest Walsall fan I ever met. " Greatest team in the weld, bar none"

Walsall F.C

Slade

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:51 am

Wow that was fun ! .. For about the 14th time this season there was apparently a game of football played at Brisbane Road.. and yes that picture about ball games being forbidden sums up two pretty awful teams .. but it's the old saying you pay peanuts ... I've forgotten about 99.9% of it already but from what I remember I fear for the future of football if tackles like Taiwo's are red cards .. There's a picture on our message board that shows him getting the ball and the Walsall player about a foot away .. But D'Urso was the ref so what do you expect .. 1-1 was the perfect result as I won £21 at the bookies and also it's a point towards both our safety targets .. and it's much easier for me to get to the Banks's than Scunthorpe next season so I'm happy enough .. On on another day we possibly would have won 3 or 4 with Smith and Lisbie's chances but your goalie had a pretty good game and we don't score more than 1 in any home game anyhow ... all the best for the rest of the season and see you next year !

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:29 am

I only found out we'd won this morning, BBC was still showing 1-0 at 5pm. The stats indicate another good performance - well done.

Surely Smith isn't going to make some of us (me included) eat humble pie?!

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:35 am

latviancheese wrote:How dare you mention Taundry and "played well" in the same sentance. Dont you know he is the worst footballer to play for Walsall, and is the only reason we are guano.

He also drives a second hand Land Rover. Scum.

Local lad, locally made car.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Sound_out wrote:I only found out we'd won this morning, BBC was still showing 1-0 at 5pm. The stats indicate another good performance - well done.

May be by this evening, you will have found out that we drew :wink:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 am

Sadsfan wrote:
bangsection wrote:
Sadsfan wrote:Hanging on by his fingertips

Two wins and two draws in the last four games, three of them away.

You're right, he's gorra goo!

Still in the same league position as we were before those matches though.

After we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of a draw at Oldham, we lay 8 points from 17th place, whereas now we are just 3 points away.

The way things look now, there could be 8 or 9 teams scrapping it out come the end of the season, which is much more positive than it was looking a few weeks ago.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 am

chestersaddler wrote:
Sadsfan wrote:
bangsection wrote:
Sadsfan wrote:Hanging on by his fingertips

Two wins and two draws in the last four games, three of them away.

You're right, he's gorra goo!

Still in the same league position as we were before those matches though.

After we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of a draw at Oldham, we lay 8 points from 17th place, whereas now we are just 3 points away.

The way things look now, there could be 8 or 9 teams scrapping it out come the end of the season, which is much more positive than it was looking a few weeks ago.

Indeed, chester - and that's 15 points from the last 12 games since beating Sheff Wed on boxing day. Another 15 points from the next 12 would leave us on 48 points for the final match at the MK Dongas. It's going to be close, but the results over the last four games has given us a chance, even if we are still in the relegation zone.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 am

chestersaddler wrote:
Sound_out wrote:I only found out we'd won this morning, BBC was still showing 1-0 at 5pm. The stats indicate another good performance - well done.

May be by this evening, you will have found out that we drew :wink:

:lol: Obviously the shock of Walsall getting a +95 minute equaliser completely threw me out of kilter!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 am

Just read thro this thread... It's brilliant.

Hes gotta gew Tone comments after losing NONE of the last four and conceding ONE goal.

We could have bloody guardiola in charge and ther'd be people (Who don't even attend matches) wanting changes.

you are a queer lot.... (in the old fashioned sence of the word not the Manny Smith one) xxx

Louise
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am

Cheesebag wrote:Just read thro this thread... It's brilliant.

Hes gotta gew Tone comments after losing NONE of the last four and conceding ONE goal.

We could have bloody guardiola in charge and ther'd be people (Who don't even attend matches) wanting changes.

you are a queer lot.... (in the old fashioned sence of the word not the Manny Smith one) xxx

Great post - made me laugh and spot on.

Whitters
Site Addict

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 am

longdogs wrote:
Whitters wrote:7 points out of 9 is promotion form.

It is. But we have 5 points out of the last 9. Which isn't.

Ooopppss - some of these draws feel like wins....

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 pm

First time I've been online since going to the game and what I would say is, whilst we didn't play well (at all) we at least travelled back having taken something from the game. How often in the past have we conceded a first half goal and then crumbled in the second half?

Yes, they did have a man sent off and yes, that did us a favour. Not complaining about gaining a point away at Orient though.

In terms of the game itself, I thought Smith's reshuffling of our line-up in the second half hindered our best player. Cuvelier seemed to be our deepest midfielder for most of the second half and whilst he picked the ball up from the back four very well, he wasn't able to do what he'd done reasonably well in the first half - find that space in between their midfield and back four.

Smith's weekly substitution of Grigg for Nicholls or vice-versa isn't helping our cause much. Neither are doing the business, regardless of which one of them starts the game. Hopefully the signing of Nouble will reduce our reliance on both of them.

Previous
Return to 2011-12 Season