Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (H) League 1 Tuesday 31/1/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Re: Notts County (H) League 1 Tuesday 31/1/12.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
dornansog wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote: dross fans.

If only we could all be as perfect as you. :roll:

Grade A Knob

The fact your replied tells me you are irked by it as you know it is true. When did I say I was a perfect fan or anything similar?

Just stating a fact. Crap atmosphere, morgue-like ground, Apathetic moaning fans who do NOTHING to change this club.

Can you blame fans for the atmosphere? The club offers nothing to get fans going. Nothing us fans can do will change it.
I attended my first game of the season in December as I am working in Wales and the sad thing is part of me was wishing I didn't bother. There was a time I would never feel like that.
Supporting this club is becoming more of a chore and we are NOT the ones to blame for that.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, look's like the club's pulling out all the stops to avoid relegation, jesus wept this is just utter pish, another utterly wasted season again!

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
dornansog wrote:

Grade A Knob

The fact your replied tells me you are irked by it as you know it is true. When did I say I was a perfect fan or anything similar?

Just stating a fact. crud atmosphere, morgue-like ground, Apathetic moaning fans who do NOTHING to change this club.

...whereas being divisive and slating the fans is really changing the club... :roll:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 pm

I never said it was the fans fault - just the fact we are a bunch of apathetic hypocrites. We should all be bloody marching on the ground right now. But let me guess ... people need to get back to watch Emmerdale on Sky Anytime.

I know the people who go are not killing the club, it's that fantastic chairman of ours who has killed this club off.

That man has single-handedly destroyed this club. But... what are we doing about it? NOTHING.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
dornansog wrote:

Grade A Knob

The fact your replied tells me you are irked by it as you know it is true.

so if i reply to a post it means i agree with it :o

What a leap of imagination.

Hope you dont make such wild assumptions in your (never ending) studies.
Its bad enough sj telling me what to think and interpreting my comments in a deliberatly obtuse fashion. Dont you start aswell.

*posted while you were in the process of backtracking

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Sorry for my recent posts.

I just realised we are not hurtling towards oblivion with pathetic crowds, no atmosphere, no money, in debt, pay 500k a year to a pension fund, have the worst squad I have seen in my memory, have no-one in charge, have a rubbish manager, have no permanent assistant manager for long periods of time, have no investment, no ambition and no soul.

Sorry, my mistake. Everything is absolutely fantastic.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

King Crimson wrote:It will be cold.
We will win.
I will be there.

Two out of three ain't bad. :(

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

King Crimson wrote:
King Crimson wrote:It will be cold.
We will win.
I will be there.

Two out of three ain't bad. :(

Baby we can talk all niiiight.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:Sorry for my recent posts.

I just realised we are not hurtling towards oblivion with pathetic crowds, no atmosphere, no money, in debt, pay 500k a year to a pension fund, have the worst squad I have seen in my memory, have no-one in charge, have a rubbish manager, have no permanent assistant manager for long periods of time, have no investment, no ambition and no soul.

Sorry, my mistake. Everything is absolutely fantastic.

Somehow I totally forgot they were the fans fault.
cack, I better get back to my desk and start looking for someone to replace Smith, find an assistant manager for the new man I will bring in, oh and whilst doing all that I better ring the bank to take 500k out of the club THEN I will start looking for some players too and ring around a few clubs to make some enquiries....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Busy life of a Walsall fan eh!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:I never said it was the fans fault - just the fact we are a bunch of apathetic hypocrites. We should all be bloody marching on the ground right now. But let me guess ... people need to get back to watch Emmerdale on Sky Anytime.

I know the people who go are not killing the club, it's that fantastic chairman of ours who has killed this club off.

That man has single-handedly destroyed this club. But... what are we doing about it? NOTHING.

Jesus, youve got a brass neck calling others hypocrites. Having got a few sheep to buy into your ego trip a couple of years ago, you then sell out for tea and buscuits with Boners boys :roll:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:I never said it was the fans fault - just the fact we are a bunch of apathetic hypocrites. We should all be bloody marching on the ground right now. But let me guess ... people need to get back to watch Emmerdale on Sky Anytime.

Jesus, youve got a brass neck calling others hypocrites. Having got a few sheep to buy into your ego trip a couple of years ago, you then sell out for tea and buscuits with Boners boys :roll:

What are you on about? I went to one meeting at Walsall FC and that was to get my unfair ban rescinded for actually trying to do something.

Bunch of apathetic moaners. I just wish the Walsall supporters would prove me wrong and unite and do something.

How sad that there is no chance that will happen. What on earth do we need to kick start a revolution ?!!

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

What are you on about? I went to one meeting at Walsall FC and that was to get my unfair ban rescinded for actually trying to do something.

Bunch of apathetic moaners. I just wish the Walsall supporters would prove me wrong and unite and do something.

How sad that there is no chance that will happen. What on earth do we need to kick start a revolution ?!!

What exactly did the last protest do? Bonser doesn't attend matches anymore. You might aswell go and shout 'Bonser Out' to the nearest wall..

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Don't class us all the same. I am not apathetic and I am not a moaner. As I said on the other thread, I am a loyal Walsall supporter of 40 years and will carry on whatever league we end up in.

UTS

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

To those looking at my above quote... it was actually this (before it was edited by dornansog): 'Dross club with dross fans and dross management.'

Combination of factors. Of course the bloody club are the biggest culprits. Anyone who has ready any post by me in the last 7 years would work that one out.

All I am saying, is that the fans hide and ask others to do things instead of doing it themselves.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Don't class us all the same. I am not apathetic and I am not a moaner. As I said on the other thread, I am a loyal Walsall supporter of 40 years and will carry on whatever league we end up in.

UTS

One question. Are you happy with the current situation ?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Possibly one of the worst performances by one of the worst Walsall XI's i've ever seen.

I cannot tell you how bad our midfield was tonight, it was shocking, shocking, shocking. We didnt press, we didnt close, we didnt tackle, we gave them time, we gave them space - we were so off the pace, it was laughable. If County had got a decent striker on the pitch and not an ageing, balding, slow [libellous - alleged only] , they'd have beaten us by more than one.

We did rally a bit in the 2nd half, but dont recall their keeper having the make one save. In fact, Smith and Butler were more of a scoring threat than any of our forward players.

Peterlin, Taundry, Chambers and Beevers all had woeful, woeful games.

At no point during the game did we have a full-time/senior winger on the pitch - and we only had a senior striker on the pitch for half an hour, and his legs have gone.

The squad is dreadfully paper thin, and the players we have got are slow, small and weak.

We need 4 players at least to keep this shower of sh!te in this division for another year.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:12 pm

2 wins in 23 league games now and only 2 points off the bottom. Happy days.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

UTS

One question. Are you happy with the current situation ?

I would be happier if Boner nobbed off, but I tend not to worry too much about things I have no control over. I enjoy the opportunity to watch us play when I get the chance, which given my location and work committments is not as often as it has been.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Worst team in the world...

bangsection
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 pm

When's the next fans focus meeting? I've got some questions I'd like to ask.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Mmmm

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Fans Focus meetings? They disappeared with all the other empty promises from the utter barclays at this club

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Just got in and have to agree with most of what Phil said above, particularly in reference to the midfield.

The sad thing is that it could equally apply to our 'performance' at Carlisle. Yet Deanno spent most of this week suggesting that after the first ten minutes against Carlisle we 'looked a decent side'. We didn't. He must have believed it tho cause he still picked an unchanged starting eleven for tonight.

New boy (chevaliers?) pretty much embarrassed every other player in the team by coming on and showing them at the age of nineteen how to control the ball, how to pass to a player also in red, and how to move into a space to receive a pass.

If he doesn't start the next game then Deanno must have fully completed his metamorphosis into Hutchings.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

I went to that.....rubbish.

Yes, I know, I've come back for a bit - not too long.

The first half was quite poor*, we improved a bit in the 2nd with more effort but not much skill on display, were denied a goal by the ref (it was not a foul on the keeper) and we sent in a load of balloon balls down the gullet of their 9'2" defender. It was really cold, especially after places like Thailand. The new lad seems quite good, plus Taundry and the defence were battling throughout so fair play to them. Not enough in midfield or attack - what attack?

Long term, Walsall is doomed as an effective team. Sorry to say that and I don't want it to happen, but I reckon it's true. No money and no prospects of any change anytime soon = living hand to mouth in the 2nd/Blue Square for pretty much all time.

Very very very very lame. Oh dear.

*Quite poor as in the sinking of the Titanic being a bit of a fly in the floating issue.

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

I forgot to mention.

HOOOOOOOOOOF!

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

I give in - Just 2 points to make, not sure anything else needs saying

- County lost 1 in 14
- We lost

Dying, dying, dead.

Apodidae
UTS Regular

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Second half we were much more lively - still inept but more lively. New lad looks good - too good for the rest of the team.

WombourneSaddlers

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

As cold as the Dagenham debacle, we played almost as badly, but at least it didn't last as long. In the programme Smith brought up this 'difficult to break down' business again. Unfortunately, difficult or not, Notts County only needed to do it once.

'Here Lies Walsall's League One Campaign 2011-12. They were difficult to break down. And then they went down.'

Is being difficult to break down the entirety of the Smith plan? What about going forward, any ideas? End of January and I still don't know. If it's passing football, then he's hampered by the fact that Butler, Manny and Beevers couldn't pass water, so all our attacking starts with a hoof or a hopeful lob. If it's direct stuff, the problem is a lack of height up front. Or perhaps there isn't a plan at all, which seems the most plausible explanation.

I can't be bothered to rate the players individually. They were all pants, apart from the new chap who was far too keen and will no doubt be told to restrain himself in case he makes the others look bad. Chambers continues to excel in his key skills: strolling and picking out the full backs with devastating ten yard back passes. That Smith cannot see the man is clearly taking the p**s continues to astonish me and I thought I was all astonished-out. Nicholls appears to be back on the valium, Patterson was wearing the wrong boots again and I refuse to believe that Peterlin exists.

Notts County were ugly, dirty, laughably bad at times, but more than good enough.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Absolute dross! Anyone that bleats about the disallowed goal denying us a point needs their head testing, we deserved nothing from that.

The midfield is a complete and utter embarrasment. The y cannot pass, tackle, find space, support the attack, break up the opposition attacks ........

We get a creative player on loan ....... and let him warm the bench for 70 minutes while the rest of the midfield cope so admirably.

Chambers pisses me off, his best attribute is hiding from any pass as much as possible.

Taundry runs around a lot in an attemptto look good but makes about one good pass every 100.

Beevers is a complete donley that should be shot as soon as possible as an act of compassion.

I've defended Nicholls in recent years but what a waste of space. Headless chicken springs to mind.

I've been slow (for me) to jump into the Smith out camp but I can't see what he's going to change to save us. If he was able/willing to change anything he would've done it way before now, which worries me that he just doesn't see what needs changing.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

WombourneSaddlers wrote:As cold as the Dagenham debacle, we played almost as badly, but at least it didn't last as long. In the programme Smith brought up this 'difficult to break down' business again. Unfortunately, difficult or not, Notts County only needed to do it once.

'Here Lies Walsall's League One Campaign 2011-12. They were difficult to break down. And then they went down.'

Is being difficult to break down the entirety of the Smith plan? What about going forward, any ideas? End of January and I still don't know. If it's passing football, then he's hampered by the fact that Butler, Manny and Beevers couldn't pass water, so all our attacking starts with a hoof or a hopeful lob. If it's direct stuff, the problem is a lack of height up front. Or perhaps there isn't a plan at all, which seems the most plausible explanation.

I can't be bothered to rate the players individually. They were all pants, apart from the new chap who was far too keen and will no doubt be told to restrain himself in case he makes the others look bad. Chambers continues to excel in his key skills: strolling and picking out the full backs with devastating ten yard back passes. That Smith cannot see the man is clearly taking the p**s continues to astonish me and I thought I was all astonished-out. Nicholls appears to be back on the valium, Patterson was wearing the wrong boots again and I refuse to believe that Peterlin exists.

Notts County were ugly, dirty, laughably bad at times, but more than good enough.

Unfortunately could not go, or by the sounds of it fortunately. This post sums up most of the reports I have heard from those who were there.A very depressing night, performance and result. The eternal optimist in me says a win at Scunny will make the world seem a better place. But can't say at this point I am too confident. For us to win at Scunny we have to hope they don't score. We seem to have an amazing ability to shoot ourselves in the foot

PreviousNext
Return to 2011-12 Season