Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

A F C Bournemouth (H) League 1 Saturday 7/1/12.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Duke
Site Addict

A F C Bournemouth (H) League 1 Saturday 7/1/12.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:42 am

The visit of the Cherries sees the opportunity to achieve our first double of the season.
After struggling early season Bournemouth sit 10th in the table on 33 points from 24 played ,

Full away record
won 6 - drew 4 - lost 3 - 19 goals for 15 against.

Last 6 league games

Oldham - home - drew 0-0
Huddersfield - away - won 1-0
Sheff Utd - home - lost 0-2
Brentford - away - drew 1-1
Yeovil - away - won 3-1
Wycombe - home - won 2-0

Last league away defeat . 1-3 Notts County 3/9/11.

Prediction :
1-1

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Re: A F C Bournemouth (H) League 1 Saturday 7/1/12.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

0-3
Evo to assume the game is fancy dress for all walsall fans and turns up at the match as wwe legend Stone Cold Steve Austin.

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:24 pm

After watching the away game at Dean Court I thought Bournemouth were one of the worst teams I had seen for some time, and the Saddlers were very comfortable with Jarvis looking a good find. However we have fallen into decline and the Cherries have improved beyond recognition. It will be the first game between the two clubs that I will be missing since I moved to Dorset in 1976. I cannot justify the cash to come and watch what I think will be an inevitable defeat.
I gave their fans that I know I lot of stick after that game, but feel I am about to get it back in spades!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

They've been a really solid outfit since the takeover and they'll fancy their chances of beating us given some of the results they've picked up away from home.

I think we'll draw 1-1.

walsallfcconnor
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:31 pm

1-1 4000(210 bourne fans)

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Walsall 1 - 3 Bournemouth

rubbish tactics that the Muff will easily pass their way around. yay

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Walsall 0 Bournemouth 2

Right now Rushall v Chester is a more appealing option.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Can't see anything other than an away win, 2-0 to the cherries. I went to the away game and I thought that while the cherries were poor they had potential and if they had tucked away their early chances (before our penalty) then it could have been a different story.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Asps wrote:Walsall 0 Bournemouth 2

It really isn't.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Why is it ?

Stand in the middle of a feild, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Why is it ?

Stand in the middle of a field, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

So speaks someone who has clearly not been to Dales Lane recently! It isn't like watching Pelsall Villa (who?) at the Old Bush, you know! :D :D :D :D :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am

Pedagogue wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Why is it ?

Stand in the middle of a field, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

So speaks someone who has clearly not been to Dales Lane recently! It isn't like watching Pelsall Villa (who?) at the Old Bush, you know! :D :D :D :D :D

I used to watch them off the railway track when I was a kid (Pelsall Villa) that is. Then walk round and get in for free the second half.

I haven't really followed their progress much, since I last lived in pelsall, around 15 years ago. I don't think they are very good right ? I did also used to watch Rushall Olympic, years ago, I have probably been more times than their "New recruits" Mainly cos my Dad used to drink in the Royal Oak, and other watering holes in Rushall (Daw end)

Anyway, as for Rushall, of course my reaction is a tad over the top, but come on, how on earth is watching that , more appealing than watching Walsall? Especially if you have followed Walsall all your life. Makes no sense to me.

How much does it cost to watch Rushall Olympic these days Bob ?

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:23 am

[under 18's ST joke]Not as cheap as going down to the Walsall 8) [/under 18's ST joke]

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:56 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Why is it ?

Stand in the middle of a feild, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

I wont say anything more than " a cack load of beer followed by CHIPS and a burger and the occasional glance at the football, plus i can have a fag". :mrgreen:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Anyway, as for Rushall, of course my reaction is a tad over the top, but come on, how on earth is watching that , more appealing than watching Walsall? Especially if you have followed Walsall all your life. Makes no sense to me.

How much does it cost to watch Rushall Olympic these days, Bob ?

Regarding that first paragraph, I suppose it varies from individual to individual but some of our younger supporters have only watched the Saddlers since the Merson era. Have WFC inspired them, on and off the field, since then? A few older fans have become increasingly depressed by life at Bescot Stadium, too. A handful have switched their allegiance to non-League football. A visit to any of our many local non-League grounds (not just Rushall) can provide a friendlier, cheaper experience.

Rushall costs:-
Adult:-
Members:- £7; Non-members:- £7-50
Concessions:-
Members:- £3; Non-members:- £3-50
(membership costs £5 p.a. and includes free car-parking (normally £1))

Concessions are available to those aged 60 or older; those aged 12 to 17 and full-time students of any age.

Free admission for children aged 11 or younger and carers of disabled spectators.

Match programme (excellent quality):- £2

In addition, the refreshment bar (Pics' Pantry) sells a full range of popular food (CHIPS, burgers, hot dogs, pies, tea, coffee, beef drink, etc.). There is a licensed bar with large screen telly, showing Sky Sports.

The next time that you can't get to a Saddlers' away match and Rushall are at home, why not pop along and sample the match-day experience?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 am

You see, that seems expensive to me, not that I mind paying £7.50 to watch a football match, but if you get an early bird ST at Walsall, you are only paying a few quid a game more. I guess they are in line with prices for the rest of the league.

I think part of my problem is, Football isn't my whole life anymore. When I was younger, I would watch any football, anything on TV no matter what it was, if I walked past the common on the way to my Grandads on a Sunday morning, and there was a match on Pelsall Common, I'd end up watching that. Now I have kids, other things take over far to often, I rarely get to watch football on TV (Even though we have sky sports, complete waste of money to be honest how much I watch it) I am limited to how many Walsall games I can go to, cos my Daughter comes to stay every other weekend, so football is like on a back burner most the time.

Also, since my Dad passed away, football has been far less of a pull for me, it was alot to do with spending time with him too. So now going to Walsall games, is more of a habit (a bad one) I go to see friends, as much as I go to watch the match. I still care deeply about Walsall F.C, it's been such a big part of my life for so long, it's hard not to, but it's not more important than my family. So other football doesn't really get a look in, or even appeal that much.

However, I will take you up on the offer, next time I get a free Saturday, and Walsall are away, I will get in touch, and see if you are going to Rushall, and I'll come along, see what all the fuss is about.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Stand in the middle of a feild, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

Glory hunter. :mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 pm

4143 wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:Stand in the middle of a feild, with a bunch of yampos, watching football that makes Walsall look like Real Madrid ?

Glory hunter. :mrgreen:

I keep waiting.... :lol:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:You see, that seems expensive to me, not that I mind paying £7.50 to watch a football match, but if you get an early bird ST at Walsall, you are only paying a few quid a game more. I guess they are in line with prices for the rest of the league.

I think part of my problem is, Football isn't my whole life anymore. When I was younger, I would watch any football, anything on TV no matter what it was, ...

However, I will take you up on the offer, next time I get a free Saturday, and Walsall are away, I will get in touch, and see if you are going to Rushall, and I'll come along, see what all the fuss is about.

Rushall's prices are the lowest in the Premier Division of the Northern Premier League (just check out our nearest geographical rivals in the league - Chasetown, Hednesford Town and Stafford Rangers - it was bloody £12-50 at Chester in the away game!).

I agree with you up to a point in the second paragraph. I, too, was in danger of falling out of love with football, becoming more and more cynical with the antics of the Premier League in particular. Similarly, I watch very little televised football. Although I have Sky, I don't subscribe to Sky Sports.

I look forward to meeting you at a game. Please let me know. You will be made welcome. :)

Sadders
UTS Legend

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 pm

These are unbeaten in 10 away games including a very comfortable sounding 3-1 away victory at Yeovil last week, which by all account was a walk in the park. They then got there home form sorted beating Wycombe on Monday. They've recently been taken over by a russian millionaire and have had a 500k bid turned down for Swindon's Matt Richie, as well as signing Charlie Daniels from Leyton Orient for £150k.

Anyone that thinks we're going to win needs there brain checking.

0-4 Bournemouth.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Sadders wrote:They then got there home form sorted beating Wycombe on Monday.

Not sure if you heard, but we beat Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day. Did that 'sort' our home form?

Sadders
UTS Legend

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:21 pm

The difference is they are on the up and are unbeaten on the road in 10 games. Boxing day came like a bolt out of the blue, we didnt hammer them, it wasnt a comfortable home win, it was 2 goals in stoppage time. Hardly looking like a 'turnaround' since then is it.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm

latviancheese wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Why is it ?

I wont say anything more than " a cack load of beer followed by CHIPS and a burger and the occasional glance at the football, plus i can have a fag". :mrgreen:

Last time I went to Rushall, I think I went outside and saw about 10 minutes of the match :D Mind thats 7 minutes less than I managed to see in the stand at Cheaterfield before Christmas.

Anyway........

Walsall 3 Bournemouth 1

Swiftyboy to check the kiosks for Halal burgers :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Why is it ?

I wont say anything more than " a guano load of beer followed by CHIPS and a burger and the occasional glance at the football, plus i can have a fag". :mrgreen:

Last time I went to Rushall, I think I went outside and saw about 10 minutes of the match :D Mind thats 7 minutes less than I managed to see in the stand at Cheaterfield before Christmas.

Anyway........

Walsall 3 Bournemouth 1

Actually, if one thing could tempt me to Rushall, it would be for a booze up with you Evo. You aren't gonna give up on Walsall anytime soon though are ya fella? I think it is the end of W.F.C if you give up.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:[quote="Evo Boozy Saddler

Anyway........

Walsall 3 Bournemouth 1

Actually, if one thing could tempt me to Rushall, it would be for a booze up with you Evo. You aren't gonna give up on Walsall anytime soon though are ya fella? I think it is the end of W.F.C if you give up.[/quote]

No way am I giving up on The Mighty Saddlers. Be up for a Rushall booze though fella. I'd like that a lot. Saw the bloke that runs the Rushall bar recently and he said after the Chorley match they were cashing up and noticed that the takings were up and then he said "oh, of course, Evo was in" :D I was really hurt :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm

This is the kind of match where nothing is expected yet we could be allowed to play the kind of football that gets us at least a point.

Walsall 2-2 Bournemouth
9,500 including 400 South Coast pensioners.

Swifty and saddlersfan to be ousted from their usual seats by a sudden influx of immigrants clutching halal balti pies. Pies to be sold out even earlier than usual. Pinnacle to lead the crowd in a half-time rendition of seventies classic 'I'd like to teach the world to sing...'.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 pm

They will probably be able to give the players a pay rise, if we both go for a game Evo :lol:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:They will probably be able to give the players a pay rise, if we both go for a game Evo :lol:

You can also hurl drunken abuse at players and they hurl it back. Non league has its perks.

Plus you rarely get that noncey spanish rolling around. And when you do it makes it all the more funnier.

You also get to see ex league players like Gary Birch, who are far too good for non league, but are far too fat.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

Sadders wrote:The difference is they are on the up and are unbeaten on the road in 10 games. Boxing day came like a bolt out of the blue, we didnt hammer them, it wasnt a comfortable home win, it was 2 goals in stoppage time. Hardly looking like a 'turnaround' since then is it.

We played well against Sheffield Wednesday and deserved something from the game - the fact that it didn't come until the death is irrelevant to the way we played. My argument was that you can't claim they've turned their home form around with one win - as we've proved.

I'm far from confident going into Saturday's game, but Charlton had won eight on the bounce before they turned up to play us. On another day, we'd have beaten them.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 pm

A 1-0 win for Walsall, Nicholls with the goal. I have predicted accurately the last three results, so you never know!

Attendance: 3,561, including 295 from the south coast.

Next
Return to 2011-12 Season