Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Dagenham & Redbridge (H) FA Cup 2nd Rd Replay Tuesady 13/12

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
BathSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Dagenham & Redbridge (H) FA Cup 2nd Rd Replay Tuesady 13

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm

I've generally been supportive of Dean Smith, but he has to answer for what is a truly pathetic exit from the FA Cup.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 pm

We WILL get relegated this season. No doubt about it

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 pm

swiftyboy wrote:Same old guano. Cheap players. Cheap performances

Our attendance tonight was lower than Grimsby's, hardly surprising that our team includes players not good enough to play for Grimsby.
Another home defeat to lower league opposition in the cup, same old, same old. I'm resigned to relegation unless we change the manager.

m&m
Glitterati

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:50 pm

What a crap team/manager we have. This bunch of players are about as good as the teams we had under Hibbitt in the mid nineties.
It's becoming depressing now!

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:50 pm

swiftyboy wrote:We WILL get relegated this season. No doubt about it

We were bl**dy lucky last season and this one have been found out.

Had a generous Brandy hence the edit.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:51 pm

BathSaddler wrote:I've generally been supportive of Dean Smith, but he has to answer for what is a truly pathetic exit from the FA Cup.

"whats he supposed to do without the players?"

"ITs bonsers fault"

"Whens Jimmy coming back?"

Ill just get those in before anyone else makes excuses :roll:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 pm

latviancheese wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:I've generally been supportive of Dean Smith, but he has to answer for what is a truly pathetic exit from the FA Cup.

"whats he supposed to do without the players?"

"ITs bonsers fault"

"Whens Jimmy coming back?"

Ill just get those in before anyone else makes excuses :roll:

Yeah, but you are right about the first two!

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Must admit even as a Dean Smith fan I am struggling ater this fiasco. One of the lowest points in 35 years of supporting Walsall. Pathetic. There can be no excuses. Still Walsall till I die, see you all at Chesterfield

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Its finally clicked with people.
Yipee!
Dean Smith is absolutely useless.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 pm

oh my god just got back in from what seems the longest night of my life!!
what an absolute shambolic performance from what are supposed to be professional footballers.
from the first minute dagenham who are bottom of the football league dominated this awful match without really testing jimmy except for one fine save after 5 minutes.
the rest of the match was end to end for the wrong reasons.
we have no central midfield at all with chambers having his worst match that ive seen in a walsall shirt.
this match was always heading for 0-0 and then a nasty injury to smith just made the match worse as we had used all subs and down to ten men.

then we had to sit through another 30 minutes of drivvle to watch our penalty takers either miss the target or dribble the ball slower than my daughter could hit it.

to sum up a shameful game of fottball well loosely football by 2 poor teams who deserve to be in lower divisions than they currently are.

out of the cups and in bottom 4 before xmas another great 2nd half of season to look forward to NOT

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 pm

shut up u tool, I was only talking to people who actually bother to go when they can. Nob

m&m
Glitterati

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Let's be clear --Dean smith signed this lot of losers! If we had just kept the players we had last season it would not be this bad.
Frankly I have lost all faith in the managers skills of spotting a half decent footballer-crap budget or not!
Yes ultimately Bonser is to blame but surely we can expect more than that dross tonight?

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm

obviously my post was meant at a certain armchair Chelski an not you Wodensbury :wink:

SWS1

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm

My God, this is DIRE. :shock:
Lost for words (that won't upset the swear filter). :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
BOLLO-X. Can I say that, Mods? Just enough relief to get me to sleep tonight.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:shut up u tool, I was only talking to people who actually bother to go when they can. Nob

Up yours tool.
You dont need to go to realise that Dean Smith is useless.
Mind you, idiots like you perhaps need to.

SWS1

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:Must admit even as a Dean Smith fan I am struggling ater this fiasco. One of the lowest points in 35 years of supporting Walsall. Pathetic. There can be no excuses. Still Walsall till I die, see you all at Chesterfield

Gotta admire you, Belge. We need more like you. About 10 000 should do it. I'm going to bed. :evil:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Something needs to change. Personnel or attitude.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 pm

An abject disgrace of a performance. Smith needs to take a long look at himself and the players he's signed.

In addition to all said by other posters above, it was a terrible use of subs again tonight. All ours used by 70 minutes, when all could see extra time was coming.

Nichols should never wear the shirt again. How anyone can try to bend a penalty around an imaginary wall is beyond me. He can retire and clean cars at the end of this season.

Freezing cold night & no warm drinks after 60 minutes as shop shut - ffs only at Walsall.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Asps wrote:An abject disgrace of a performance. Smith needs to take a long look at himself and the players he's signed.

In addition to all said by other posters above, it was a terrible use of subs again tonight. All ours used by 70 minutes, when all could see extra time was coming.

Nichols should never wear the shirt again. How anyone can try to bend a penalty around an imaginary wall is beyond me. He can retire and clean cars at the end of this season.

Freezing cold night & no warm drinks after 60 minutes as shop shut - ffs only at Walsall.

It's true. Only at Walsall

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm

SWS1 wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:Must admit even as a Dean Smith fan I am struggling ater this fiasco. One of the lowest points in 35 years of supporting Walsall. Pathetic. There can be no excuses. Still Walsall till I die, see you all at Chesterfield

Gotta admire you, Belge. We need more like you. About 10 000 should do it. I'm going to bed. :evil:

I could have gone tonight, didn't bother because I simply refuse to waste my time watching utter rubbish.

And rubbish is what it is. The players are sh!te, Gnapka, Nicholls and Beevers useless, the manager hasn't got a clue, using all subs after 70mins when extra time is very much a likelyhood.

Millwall wasn't exactly a glamourous tie to be playing for, but it was a winnable one, and that alone was worth playing for.

As many have been saying for yonks, there is a serious issue at the club, and it goes right to the core. Oh, and he doesnt bother turning up any more. Enough said.

Until he flies off in to the sunset to spend his retirement trying to [post moderated] his wife during those long balmy cypriot evenings, this club will be in a downward spiral.;

m&m
Glitterati

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Well done for staying for the duration Asps.I had seen enough at 90 mins to convince me that it would end in tears!

Yet another low point in supporting Walsall FC. Thank you to the management and directors(owner) for making me trully miserable tonight.

The 13-1400 stayaways got it spot on tonight.

Wendy Mumford
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
SWS1 wrote:

I could have gone tonight, didn't bother because I simply refuse to waste my time watching utter rubbish.

And rubbish is what it is. The players are sh!te, Gnapka, Nicholls and Beevers useless, the manager hasn't got a clue, using all subs after 70mins when extra time is very much a likelyhood.

Millwall wasn't exactly a glamourous tie to be playing for, but it was a winnable one, and that alone was worth playing for.

As many have been saying for yonks, there is a serious issue at the club, and it goes right to the core. Oh, and he doesnt bother turning up any more. Enough said.

Until he flies off in to the sunset to spend his retirement trying to [post moderated] his wife during those long balmy cypriot evenings, this club will be in a downward spiral.;

BRILLIANT

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

I expected this pre-match anyway so the conclusion didn't surprise me one bit. fudge joke nevertheless.

Roll on Chesterfield... :D

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:24 pm

just another point im pretty sure 1804 is close to an all time low at bescot/bankss for a competitive match

as posters have said something has to give

year on year were changing managers giving them poor budgets hence poor players hence poor results its a vicious circle
unless we get a miracle manager like a ray graydon i cannot see use recreating the good teams in the near future.

trust me what i have seen of this team it will be an absolute miracle if we stay up this season a bloody miracle

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:29 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:
unless we get a miracle manager like a ray graydon i cannot see use recreating the good teams in the near future.

Ray Graydon wasn't a miracle worker, he did excellently considering the other sides in the league, but you have to bear in mind that he had a relatively decent budget that season, afterall, the season prior we had had the terrific cup run (remember those?) culminating in a very profitable match at old trafford.

The likes of Viveash, Cramb, Pointon, et al were of a higher class than we have now, thus we had a relatively bigger budget back then.

Dont get me wrong, we did terrifically that first season under Graydon, but it has to be put in the financial context, which was that we were relatively rolling in it.

longdogs
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

It was an entirely predictable ending, to what was one of the worst matches I have ever seen between two professional teams. We were appalling, they were appalling - so bad, in fact, that once Smith went off, we played the remaining 45 minutes with a back 3 and still were never seriously threatened. I can't ever remember a match that was so obviously going to penalties, so early in the game.

On the plus side, I was only two away from predicting the correct attendance 8)
On the negative side, I'd have been even closer if I hadn't decided to watch that shambles.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:shut up u tool, I was only talking to people who actually bother to go when they can. Nob

Up yours tool.
You dont need to go to realise that Dean Smith is useless.
Mind you, idiots like you perhaps need to.

And there lies one of the biggest problems with WFC. Tools with a big mouth who cant be bothered to go. Chesterfield is only down the road for you Sheff, I hope to see you there

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:33 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:just another point im pretty sure 1804 is close to an all time low at bescot/bankss for a competitive match

as posters have said something has to give

year on year were changing managers giving them poor budgets hence poor players hence poor results its a vicious circle

trust me what i have seen of this team it will be an absolute miracle if we stay up this season a bloody miracle

Yeah but what happens even on the rare occasion we find a gem of a manager? Bonser dumps on them, gives them no backing, and we lose the manager anyway, so what's the point?

Until that scumbag of an owner effs of we have no hope- although it's problem too late now anyway. Bonser has damaged the club beyond repair

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 pm

In the 56½ years that I have been watching the Saddlers, I have witnessed some pretty dire performances and tonight's was down there with the worst of them. Two of the worst teams in the Football League, both deservedly facing relegation at the end of the season.

It was lucky that only 1,802 were there to witness it. The only player in the team with the confidence to actually hold on to the ball and not treat it like a red-hot brick was Paterson and he frequently over-did it and gave the ball away. The rest were shocking with poor first touches and zero passing skills. It is an old saying in football that "If you can't pass, you can't play". Never was this more true than with WFC's 1st team. A couple of times Andy Butler just hoofed the ball upfield to our midget forward line (none of whom can head a ball) and Dean Smith shouted out "Well done, Buts!". FFS, Deano - it's NOT "well done", it's bloody awful! :evil:

If Messrs Smith and O'Kelly want a focus for their coaching, they should start on the basics of control and passing, coupled with movement off the ball to offer themselves to receive passes. Until the players can master the basics of the game, we are heading for oblivion.

I think that this is the most negative post that I have ever made but that is a measure of how depressed I feel after that shambles tonight.

larryhaggler

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Thats was one of the worst performances I have seen from us in the 28 years I have been watchin Pension FC.

Disguting, disgraceful, pathetic - i could go on & on ..........

And a question - who chose those Penalty takers ? I could not beleive it when Gnackered, GNicolls and GBeevered stepped up ?
Not one player can honestly say they deserve payment tonight, us the supporters should be offered a least a refund.

Smith, thats it.
Please leave and take Boner with you. And why your on most of those 'professional' footballers we call a team.

I have had it.

PreviousNext
Return to 2011-12 Season