Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Huddersfield Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/11/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
brackley
UTS Veteran

Re: Huddersfield Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/11/11.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:Half-time, and still 0-0. Whatever happens in the second half, that's quite an achievement. We'll probably go on to ship five or six, but that would only be what I expected anyway. :D

I have just got back from the game, (have you) you really are a laugh a minute aint ya..... :(
Are Preston still losing ? you seem more interested in what is happening at Charlton... :oops:
It wasn't pretty and we rode our luck for long periods but hey, thats what football is about !
WE PLAYED WELL considering we were under the cosh and most fans expected nothing more than a severe drubbing.
I always laugh though to see the comments posted on here between 3pm and 5....nothing better to do ?

Grof has the makings of a very good player, i will support him all the way.

I'm sorry you took offence at one of my posts and I would welcome any constructive suggestions - firstly, what did I say?

1. "Half-time and still 0-0"....... surely nothing to snipe at there, just a statement of fact.
2. "Whatever happens in the second half, that's quite an achievement"........in similar vein IMHO.
3. "We'll probably go on to ship five or six, but that would only be what I expected anyway"...... I think that prediction stands up to examination based on the following factors:
(a) All comments throughout the first half had been to the effect that we were very much under the cosh.
(b) The statistics from the BBC website confirmed that - 16 attempts on goal against 2, or something similar.
(c) Coming into the game, Huddersfield had won 5 and drawn 2 out of their home fixtures, we had won 1, drawn 2 and lost 4 of our away games.
(d) Huddersfield's goals scored (all games) were 34 against our 15. They had conceded 13 against our 20.
(e) We were forced into fielding our reserve goalkeeper, whose exposure to ANY league sides had been minimal, let alone a strong side.
(f) League positions - Huddersfield were 2nd, we were 20th.

I put it to you that the possibility of our shipping five or six was real, based on the factors outlined above.

Therefore, what was it that you evidently took exception to? By your text it seems that your problem was that I was an armchair supporter, and I feel I should enlighten you only in the spirit of sharing knowledge in order to prevent any future misunderstandings. As my good friend Chester Saddler says (thanks btw, Neil) I have been supporting Walsall for well over 50 years and continue to do so although certain domestic details prevent my going to more than the odd game:

(a) I live some 150 miles from the Banks's's' - I did manage Southampton and Orient last season when my Uncle and Aunt still lived in Cannock, so I could fit a game in along with attending to their needs (they were then 94 and 93 years of age).
(b) Since the end of last season I now have my 94 year old Aunt living with me. She suffers from very advanced senile dementia or Alzheimer's and needs 24-hour care. I am her legal guardian (Deputy, appointed by The Court of Protection) and consequently my time loyalty is with her.
(c) My wonderful wife works away at all sorts of days and times (recent weeks have included Walsall (!), Birmingham, Clacton-on-Sea, Yeovil, Paignton, Woking, Peckham - I'm sure you get the picture), and I also have two teenage children to attend to.

I hope that the above gives you some idea of the reasons behind my relying on the internet on a Saturday afternoon. If you can make any constructive suggestions as to how I can get round any or all of these obstacles I would welcome them with open arms. Meanwhile I am still hoping to participate in the annual South Wales excursion to Yeovil (next March I think), and I would be glad to buy you a pint - I've already promised one to a man with a green coat!!!

........respect to you my friend!

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 am

belgiansaddler wrote:Fantastic performace today in terms of effort and commitment and no little skill either. We set our stall out and stuck to the game plan. We packed the midfield but even then they had the ability to make space at times. Obviously we rode our luck at times but we got a couple of slices of luck that have been missing in recent weeks. We didn't even have anyone sent off, what's that all about!!

Defended well in the first half without really threatening, Macken had a half chance but that was about it from us going forward but we soaked up their pressure. On the other hand they rarely looked like scoring and when they did Groff made a couple of fantastic saves, one of which was absolutely awesome. You can see why they are a good side, they had an air of patience about them and I had the feeling that eventually that would pay off which it did when they scored, though when it came it was a pretty soft goal. After that we improved going forward and looked dangerous a couple of times. Then on comes Patterson, he gave them a couple of tasters of what he could do and then scored a fantastic goal. This kid really does have the potential to be class. He has skill and pace and is clearly not short of confidence. OK he is still a bit lightweight and it would be unfair to expect him to do things like today consistently as he is stilll young but he is the most exciting player we have got. The goal was class.

After the goal we could of even won it, we attacked them and had them rattled a couple of times. Grigg did really well to capitalise on their centre back being a donkey and almost lobbed the keeper for what would have been a not undeserved winner.

Whole team and management deserve massive credit for todays performance. Groff and the defence were superb. Midfield coped with one of the best teams in the division and even looked creative and threatening going forward on occasions. Macken worked his socks off with little support in the first half. Patterson and Grigg really caused them problems when they came on.

Listening to some of their fans walking back to the car was hilarious.... 'rubbish manager..... never do nowt with him in charge...... doesn't know what he's doing.....' I kid you not :shock: One of the few who actually said anything sensible said they wish they still had Butler rather than the donkeys they have got and I know who I would rather have.

Actually came away a little disappointed we had not won. Anyone who cannot see that this team and Deano have got some potential either did not go today or is a complete moron. Now we really need to take this kind of performance and spirit into the next few games. Proud to be a Saddler tonight.

.....unfortunately couldnt make the trip myself today. What a cracking result.....!!!

Funnily enough one of my last posts from the MK game was that I'd seen enough to suggest we would start stringing some results together. Hopefully, today was the start of exactly that........ Its been great reading the positive messages on here and if we can carry that optimism back on to the terraces at the bezza then there is no doubt that we have enough to pull away from the danger zone :D

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:52 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:Too late in the night to entertain a realistic post, plus the fact that I have been celebrating ALL night with Frosty Jack's imaculate cider...just one word IMMENSE!

The whole team put in a performance which defies belief, Grof is the find of the century, Butler was a brick wall, Nicholls defending was brill, and Paterson..well, put a couple of stone on the lad, and we may well be in receipt of a very large cheque from a 'rich' club before very long!

I said to the wife when I got back home, I've got the bug again, bigtime, bring on the battle to avoid relegation...
WE CAN DO IT!!!

UTS, my life, my club, MY supporters, you were all immense too!! :D :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to work on Monday AM? After that post you need to change your username :D

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 am

belgiansaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:Too late in the night to entertain a realistic post, plus the fact that I have been celebrating ALL night with Frosty Jack's imaculate cider...just one word IMMENSE!

The whole team put in a performance which defies belief, Grof is the find of the century, Butler was a brick wall, Nicholls defending was brill, and Paterson..well, put a couple of stone on the lad, and we may well be in receipt of a very large cheque from a 'rich' club before very long!

I said to the wife when I got back home, I've got the bug again, bigtime, bring on the battle to avoid relegation...
WE CAN DO IT!!!

UTS, my life, my club, MY supporters, you were all immense too!! :D :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to work on Monday AM? After that post you need to change your username :D

:wink:

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:31 am

In support of Welsh (who has in the past sent some lovely personal messages, through here and other means of social media as well) lots of fans rely on the internet and especially this site to follow our team. For me (and I know for Tim and Paul in this part of the world) to follow a Saturday afternoon game means being up in the middle of the night, potentially earning the wrath of our respective wives as well, "not silly football again!!!!!!!!!!!" is a common used expletive in my household. With daylight saving having started here and finished in the UK in the last few weeks, this game against Huddersfield had a 4.00 am kick off. Also for midweek games played in the evening, hopefully the boss is not looking as my work computer feeds me information early in the working day.

But that does not make us any less a fan than those who travel to each and every away game. Everyones circumstances are different. I know the three of us (and the lady in Rangiora near Christchurch whose name I have forgotton :oops: ) would love to be there. it is just the way it is.

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:16 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:In support of Welsh (who has in the past sent some lovely personal messages, through here and other means of social media as well) lots of fans rely on the internet and especially this site to follow our team. For me (and I know for Tim and Paul in this part of the world) to follow a Saturday afternoon game means being up in the middle of the night, potentially earning the wrath of our respective wives as well, "not silly football again!!!!!!!!!!!" is a common used expletive in my household. With daylight saving having started here and finished in the UK in the last few weeks, this game against Huddersfield had a 4.00 am kick off. Also for midweek games played in the evening, hopefully the boss is not looking as my work computer feeds me information early in the working day.

But that does not make us any less a fan than those who travel to each and every away game. Everyones circumstances are different. I know the three of us (and the lady in Rangiora near Christchurch whose name I have forgotton :oops: ) would love to be there. it is just the way it is.

On the positive - great result today - Sundays are always that bit brighter, the coffee tastes that bit better , the bacon that bit crispier after a good result , I will admit I did not get up at 4am to listen on player today or follow on the Beeb txt, but at 5.45am the first thing was to check twitter on the phone for the latest score as I woke to walk the dog, but heck Im in exile so not worthy in Pinnacles eyes of following gods chosen team.

Acetripper

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:22 am

Well...where do it start! Firstly, well done Walsall you worked hard for that. I guess most Huddersfield Town fans left the Galpharm yesterday feeling we'd throw 2pts away. Every team that comes to us have a tight game plan, where they pack midfield and chase everything and you were no different. I genuinely thought once we scored we'd press on and gain a solid victory but it wasn't to be.

All credit to Walsall you worked hard, you stuck to the game plan and every player seems to put their body's in the way, sometimes at crucial moments. I honestly believe on another day we would have won handsomely, indeed we could (and should) have been leading by three clear goals at the interval. At that point we were doing nothing wrong and we all thought if we're patient, methodical and don't hurry things goals would surly come. In fact you upped your game in the second half and we didn't create that many chances.

While you couldn't say the referee had a bad game from our point of view he seemed to make strange decisions when it really mattered. For example, were all those incidents in the penalty area 'ball to hand' or the other way? Certainly some refs give those without a seconds thought. I've not yet seen the incident where he booked Jack Hunt in added time for diving in the box but again that was a marginal decision and he gave it to you! That said, I don't want to detract from your performance and indeed near the end you might have blown our unbeaten record to pieces after a cock up in our defence.

I hope you had a good day out in Huddersfield! Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Regards to all

AceT(HTFC) :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:51 am

Enough match reports already so won't go into the long description I was going to, as agree with what most have said.

First 25 it was 'batten down the hatches' as Huddersfield were understandable on the offensive for most of it and ipod (that's how grof comes up on my phone when using predictive text!!) was outstanding! Brave and confident and probably stopped 3 goals. Also had a couple of goal line clearances. Second half we seemed better at containing them and actually played a bit more ourselves. No surprise when they eventually scored, but what a great solo goal from Patterson! At one point had 3 players around him and you thought "he'll lose it here now" but somehow managed to keep hold of the ball and curl it past the keeper - brilliant! Defended well to the end. Great to get a point and Huddersfield will clearly see it as 2 dropped.

Lots of positives today in terms of defending as a team, ipod's peformance etc, but one or two things worth mentioning. We tried to play 451/433 which was understandable going away there, but I think Macken struggled to do the lone man role, as he hardly had people around him to lay the ball off to. We struggled to keep possession (probably understandable for where we were playing) and our midfield three hardly passed it - peterlin maybe the better at this. I thought we missed Chambers today as someone who might put his foot on the ball a bit more. The 3 in there worked very hard, don't get me wrong, and I wasn't expecting us to play them off their own park, but we still need to get a creative midfielder in there to combine stuff more.

But, overall a great performance, some super support (even if that little Miss Hitler steward did come steaming in with her finger wagging unnecessarily after we scored :? - she clearly needs some training on how to be a steward who can smile and try and diffuse possible situations, rather than create them) and an ace point to walk away with. Need to build on it now.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:03 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:Half-time, and still 0-0. Whatever happens in the second half, that's quite an achievement. We'll probably go on to ship five or six, but that would only be what I expected anyway. :D

I have just got back from the game, (have you) you really are a laugh a minute aint ya..... :(
Are Preston still losing ? you seem more interested in what is happening at Charlton... :oops:
It wasn't pretty and we rode our luck for long periods but hey, thats what football is about !
WE PLAYED WELL considering we were under the cosh and most fans expected nothing more than a severe drubbing.
I always laugh though to see the comments posted on here between 3pm and 5....nothing better to do ?

I'm sorry you took offence at one of my posts and I would welcome any constructive suggestions - firstly, what did I say?

1. "Half-time and still 0-0"....... surely nothing to snipe at there, just a statement of fact.
2. "Whatever happens in the second half, that's quite an achievement"........in similar vein IMHO.
3. "We'll probably go on to ship five or six, but that would only be what I expected anyway"...... I think that prediction stands up to examination based on the following factors:
(a) All comments throughout the first half had been to the effect that we were very much under the cosh.
(b) The statistics from the BBC website confirmed that - 16 attempts on goal against 2, or something similar.
(c) Coming into the game, Huddersfield had won 5 and drawn 2 out of their home fixtures, we had won 1, drawn 2 and lost 4 of our away games.
(d) Huddersfield's goals scored (all games) were 34 against our 15. They had conceded 13 against our 20.
(e) We were forced into fielding our reserve goalkeeper, whose exposure to ANY league sides had been minimal, let alone a strong side.

I put it to you that the possibility of our shipping five or six was real, based on the factors outlined above.
Therefore, what was it that you evidently took exception to? By your text it seems that your problem was that I was an armchair supporter, and I feel I should enlighten you only in the spirit of sharing knowledge in order to prevent any future misunderstandings. As my good friend Chester Saddler says (thanks btw, Neil) I have been supporting Walsall for well over 50 years and continue to do so although certain domestic details prevent my going to more than the odd game:

(a) I live some 150 miles from the Banks's's' - I did manage Southampton and Orient last season when my Uncle and Aunt still lived in Cannock, so I could fit a game in along with attending to their needs (they were then 94 and 93 years of age).
(b) Since the end of last season I now have my 94 year old Aunt living with me. She suffers from very advanced senile dementia or Alzheimer's and needs 24-hour care. I am her legal guardian (Deputy, appointed by The Court of Protection) and consequently my time loyalty is with her.
(c) My wonderful wife works away at all sorts of days and times (recent weeks have included Walsall (!), Birmingham, Clacton-on-Sea, Yeovil, Paignton, Woking, Peckham - I'm sure you get the picture), and I also have two teenage children to attend to.

I hope that the above gives you some idea of the reasons behind my relying on the internet on a Saturday afternoon. If you can make any constructive suggestions as to how I can get round any or all of these obstacles I would welcome them with open arms. Meanwhile I am still hoping to participate in the annual South Wales excursion to Yeovil (next March I think), and I would be glad to buy you a pint - I've already promised one to a man with a green coat!!!

I cant be doing with negativity in any way shape or form, and it was the highlighted statement that i took offence to, not you personally.
Why Whitti had to get involved with his comment is amazing (dont think he likes me to be honest :lol: ) I am sure you can fight your own battles and your post is admirable.
UTS

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 am

PINNACLE wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

I cant be doing with negativity in any way shape or form, and it was the highlighted statement that i took offence to, not you personally.
Why Whitti had to get involved with his comment is amazing (dont think he likes me to be honest :lol: ) I am sure you can fight your own battles and your post is admirable.
UTS

Pinnacle, it was me, not Whitti that made the comments. Nothing to do with liking or not liking someone (I dont know you personally), just replying to posts on the board.

As far as your comment about negativity is concerned, did you not start a thread the other week about Jimmy Walker, and did you not call for Smith to go on the "Smith Out" thread? Hardly positive eh?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 am

The thread i started about Jimmy Walker was not at all negative imho,
It was FACT
FACT :wink:

PS....If you did know me you would like me...honest :lol: :lol:

bangsection
Site Addict

Huddersfield Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/11/11.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:51 am

Acetripper wrote:
While you couldn't say the referee had a bad game from our point of view he seemed to make strange decisions when it really mattered. For example, were all those incidents in the penalty area 'ball to hand' or the other way? Certainly some refs give those without a seconds thought. I've not yet seen the incident where he booked Jack Hunt in added time for diving in the box but again that was a marginal decision

When you say "all those incidents" of handball do you mean the one incident in the first half when the ball was blasted at Sadler (I think) from 8 yards away hitting his arm which was firmly by his side? If so then yes, it was ball to hand!

I thought the ref had a brilliant game but the players helped as there wasn't a nasty tackle in the whole match. My heart was in my mouth when Hunt went down in the box but as it was at the other end of the ground I'll have to watch the full highlights to see whether you wuz robbed.

Always enjoy my trips to Hudds but yesterday was a cracking day. They don't make pubs like the Kings Head any more, more's the pity.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:22 am

I agree and for once I thought the ref was good. Least you can say is he was strong and refused to be swayed by a big home support, which is more than can be said for many we come up against. Would have to see the 'diving' incident again as it was down the other end and the couple of handball shouts to me were clearly ball to hand but equally I have seen them given by weak refs

Acetripper

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:17 am

Glad you all enjoyed the trip up to Huddersfield! The fans that I met before hand were a credit to your club in fact. Sorry I forgot to mention the over zealous stewards at the Stadium they really are a pain at times. Good Luck from now and on lets hope you can pull clear of danger and start to move up the table. If you play with the same level of determination and application you showed yesterday I'm sure you will!

AceT (HTFC) :wink:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Acetripper wrote:Glad you all enjoyed the trip up to Huddersfield! The fans that I met before hand were a credit to your club in fact. Sorry I forgot to mention the over zealous stewards at the Stadium they really are a pain at times. Good Luck from now and on lets hope you can pull clear of danger and start to move up the table. If you play with the same level of determination and application you showed yesterday I'm sure you will!

Wish that all Huddersfield fans were as genuine and friendly as you, one particular guy in glasses (we ALL know which one I mean) got away with absolute murder, as your stewards stood by, and accepted his vitriolic hatred, filthy language, and unacceptable hand gestures aimed at us, with a venom I can only remember as intense at Man City a few years ago!
Still he continued to get away with this throughout the game, always stood up, without any steward taking a stance. Yet low and behold, one of our lot makes an unacceptable comment, and is hauled out of the ground!!

Forgive the rant, but in front of me was a family of five including three young children, the father bravely tried to take issue with the stewards innaction against this moron without success. :(

And lets hope that drum gets lodged somewhere painfull before very long!! :lol:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:01 pm

I passionately hate drums at the footy.

YOU'VE GOT MOUTHS AND HANDS - USE THEM!

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I passionately hate drums at the footy.

Do Preston fans still have that bloody bugle thing? I've always wanted to stick it where the sun don't shine :D

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
Acetripper wrote:Glad you all enjoyed the trip up to Huddersfield! The fans that I met before hand were a credit to your club in fact. Sorry I forgot to mention the over zealous stewards at the Stadium they really are a pain at times. Good Luck from now and on lets hope you can pull clear of danger and start to move up the table. If you play with the same level of determination and application you showed yesterday I'm sure you will!

Wish that all Huddersfield fans were as genuine and friendly as you, one particular guy in glasses (we ALL know which one I mean) got away with absolute murder, as your stewards stood by, and accepted his vitriolic hatred, filthy language, and unacceptable hand gestures aimed at us, with a venom I can only remember as intense at Man City a few years ago!
Still he continued to get away with this throughout the game, always stood up, without any steward taking a stance. Yet low and behold, one of our lot makes an unacceptable comment, and is hauled out of the ground!!

Forgive the rant, but in front of me was a family of five including three young children, the father bravely tried to take issue with the stewards innaction against this moron without success. :(

And lets hope that drum gets lodged somewhere painfull before very long!! :lol:

I actually thought that, apart from the one incident with that witch of a woman steward in the second half (well, I think it was a woman), the rest of them were decent enough yesterday as stewards go. They moaned about us standing at the back but did it in good humour.

Also, to put a bit of balance to some of the accusations thrown at sections of our away support in recent weeks, the Huddersfield steward at half time said he thought we were the best behaved fans they'd had there all season.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Agree with that Priestly. They went through the motions that their bosses had dictated without getting nasty about it apart from that woman who should be sacked / shot/ taught some manners. After 20 minutes of getting everyone to sit down at the back the old 'stand up if you love walsall' got going, repeat dozens of times lol. And it all started again, but neither the stewards or the folks at the back got nasty until she arrived. Generally the stewards were fine

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:08 pm

tinned wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:I passionately hate drums at the footy.

Do Preston fans still have that bloody bugle thing? I've always wanted to stick it where the sun don't shine :D

I never even knew they had one of those bad boys my friend.

Though I'm pretty sure they have a drum in the chav section next to the away fans.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:07 pm

priestley_saddler wrote: the Huddersfield steward at half time said he thought we were the best behaved fans they'd had there all season.

"We've got the best behaved supporters in the land..."

I thought it was well known.

Mal
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

Only watched the highlights but Groffs finger tip save over the bar and Pattersons goal were world class, UTS

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Just seen the goals from Saturday's game. What an awful goal for us to concede - talk about being slow to react. :roll:

By contrast, Paterson's run and finish was exceptional, as were a couple of Grof's saves. I'll take back what I said about him earlier in the season when I suggested he should be replaced by Walker when he had a run in the side - after coming in from the cold (the freezing cold - not even on the bench for many of our recent matches), he's come back in and played with bags of confidence.That says a lot about the sort of character he is - we need to keep hold of him.

As plenty of others have said, a point at Huddersfield is a great result, but yielded just the one point. What we need to do now is make sure we use that as a springboard to accumulate some wins. The league matches around the corner should be winnable if we're to move upwards towards mid table.

bangsection
Site Addict

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Interestingly, the BBC's highlights - although more extensive - don't include the penalty appeal when Hunt was challenged by Grigg. Sky's do though:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 17,00.html

Centre forward challenging in the box in the last minute of the game? You've seen them given. Not sure whether Grigg makes sufficient contact for him to go down like he does and I'm not sure that I care.

The referee's decision is final. Well done Mr Mathieson!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:00 pm

bangsection wrote:Centre forward challenging in the box in the last minute of the game? You've seen them given. Not sure whether Grigg makes sufficient contact for him to go down like he does and I'm not sure that I care.

In all honesty, rose tinted specs aside, it looks like their forward only ever had one thing on his mind. Good too see the ref make the right decision with juat a couple of mins to go.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Just seen the goals from Saturday's game. What an awful goal for us to concede - talk about being slow to react. :roll:

Indeed. Rather ironic that on an afternoon of exceptional and heroic defending that when we eventually do concede it was such a soft goal.

fatboyslim
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
bangsection wrote:Centre forward challenging in the box in the last minute of the game? You've seen them given. Not sure whether Grigg makes sufficient contact for him to go down like he does and I'm not sure that I care.

In all honesty, rose tinted specs aside, it looks like their forward only ever had one thing on his mind. Good too see the ref make the right decision with juat a couple of mins to go.

Apparently their player was laughing about it to Grigg after, definite dive and you can see he was looking for it. Clarke saying he was about to pull the trigger is rubbish too.

Glad ref got it right!!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 pm

fatboyslim wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Apparently their player was laughing about it to Grigg after, definite dive and you can see he was looking for it. Clarke saying he was about to pull the trigger is rubbish too.

Glad ref got it right!!

Without wanting to get on the high horse, surely players caught laughing about their own attempts to cheat justifies some sort of further punishment. For all the criticism referees get, players like him cheating make things impossible.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Bum to bum that was, theatrical or what?

Lee Clark is maturing into a grumpy, sour faced gob troll. Have you ever seen the bloke change facial expressions?

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:13 pm

latviancheese wrote:Bum to bum that was, theatrical or what?

Lee Clark is maturing into a grumpy, sour faced gob troll. Have you ever seen the bloke change facial expressions?

Best insult of the week so far :D

PreviousNext
Return to 2011-12 Season