Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Milton Keynes Dons (H) League 1 Saturday 29/10/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
BarryWindham

Re: Milton Keynes Dons (H) League 1 Saturday 29/10/11.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:31 pm

tbh 2-0 was harsh on us gnapka should have scored off a header and was unlucky to hit both posts
without walker being sent off would have been 0-0 but the 10 men played well i did not notice smith in the dugout either

Walker - before the red card not a save to make
Beevers - no chance against the free kick and done well to get to the 1st shot for the 2nd offside goal better than brain :D
Sadler - steady and reliable game.
Smith - steady again got booked for showing emotion over the offside 2nd
Butler - pumped up after the card and threw himself at everything a true captin cb
Hurst - best on the right
Taundry - was there
Wilson - classy made himself avalible looks a gd bet for a extended loan period
Peterlin -improving game by game
Macken - held ball up ball stuck normal johnny mack
Nicholls - worked hard chased causes guys full of confidence wonder how much cov will put him for him on the 31st on jan

Subs

Paterson - probably our best player in the second half a star of the future
Gnakpa - hit both posts with a shot and should have scored beat a few players otherwise stood back from play

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Sadsfan wrote:
brackley wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:Can I just make a point of football law?

A goalkeeper handling the ball outside his penalty-area is NOT, I repeat NOT, contrary to popular belief, an automatic sending-off offence. It is punishable by a direct free-kick. However, IF the referee considers that the goalkeeper has denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, then, and only then, he must send off the goalkeeper.

Absolutely correct my friend........... and in my view it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity. In over 500 games at semi-pro level and having done exactly the same as Wacka, I never got sent off - always a yellow!!

|n fairness from where i was sitting I didnt have a clear view of how marinally outside the box he was or wasnt - theres no denying a bad error....... goalkeeping is about decision making and often only with a split second to decide - he got it wrong when he should have used his head to clear it from danger and clattered their fella in the process!

So the attacker was racing through one on one with Jimmy, albeit with some defenders chasing, and Jimmy handled it to stop the attacker from getting to the ball (well,why else would he handle it) and therefore stopping him from having a chance of scoring.How is that not preventing a goalscoring opportunity? If it had been their keeper you wouldn't be presenting that flimsy argument. Stop trying to cover jimmys fat backside when its clear it was a definite red card.

Not for me it wernt..........he was to the left of his box and it looked marginally outside to me - will wait for a replay on the box later to see. Be that as it may he should have nodded it out of danger that I will agree - hindsight hey - Jimmy will be in pieces about the game today for sure!!

bangsection
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:42 pm

priestley_saddler wrote:I hope the morons amongst us stick with Deano and don't start/continue calling for him to go.

This was my favourite bit.

BarryWindham

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 pm

bangsection wrote:
priestley_saddler wrote:I hope the morons amongst us stick with Deano and don't start/continue calling for him to go.

agreed its his first job as a manager :lol: every manager has to start somewhere did wenger start out as one of the greatest nurtures of young talent in world football at his first go ? nope smith is learning on the job and i will stick by the side throught the season no matter what

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:17 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:MK havent won in 4 league away matches
Walsall do have an half decent record against them.
But we are absolutely useless and would fail to beat most Sunday League pub teams at the moment
Walsall 0 MK 2

Unfortunately I was right again!

SMITH OUT!

While you were watching todays game, what particularly made you think that? :roll:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 pm

kshammer wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
But we are absolutely useless and would fail to beat most Sunday League pub teams at the moment
Walsall 0 MK 2

SMITH OUT!

While you were watching todays game, what particularly made you think that? :roll:

Probably just as Van Persie notched his third

baghouse

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Quote from mkdons.com:

Karl Robinson praised referee David Phillips for getting two crucial decisions correct in MK Dons' 2-0 win at Walsall
Speaking to the media post-match Robinson said: "I thought the referee got the key decisions spot on, the sending off is one where nine times out of ten they go against you but today he had the bottle to send him off and the second one, when the ball is played forward he is clearly onside. It wasn't as if we won the game through refereeing decisions today, we won it fair and square."

:roll:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Robinson's a greasy, rat-eating tosser.

Expected him to say something like this.

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Karl Robinson wrote: and the second one, when the ball is played forward he is clearly onside.

He's not talking about the same thing:
The next decision came when former Saddlers striker Jabo Ibehre doubled the Dons' lead just before the break, and despite protest from the Walsall players claiming Ibehre had been offside, the goal stood.

Jabo may have been onside when he scored, however Chadwick was a mile offside when the ball was played though for his (the first) shot.

andy22
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Sadsfan wrote:
brackley wrote:

A goalkeeper handling the ball outside his penalty-area is NOT, I repeat NOT, contrary to popular belief, an automatic sending-off offence. It is punishable by a direct free-kick. However, IF the referee considers that the goalkeeper has denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, then, and only then, he must send off the goalkeeper.

Absolutely correct my friend........... and in my view it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity. In over 500 games at semi-pro level and having done exactly the same as Wacka, I never got sent off - always a yellow!!

|n fairness from where i was sitting I didnt have a clear view of how marinally outside the box he was or wasnt - theres no denying a bad error....... goalkeeping is about decision making and often only with a split second to decide - he got it wrong when he should have used his head to clear it from danger and clattered their fella in the process!

So the attacker was racing through one on one with Jimmy, albeit with some defenders chasing, and Jimmy handled it to stop the attacker from getting to the ball (well,why else would he handle it) and therefore stopping him from having a chance of scoring.How is that not preventing a goalscoring opportunity? If it had been their keeper you wouldn't be presenting that flimsy argument. Stop trying to cover jimmys fat backside when its clear it was a definite red card.

Yes he didn't need to handle it as he could easily have cleared it to the side lines instead. God knows why he decided to handle it, complete prat.

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:15 pm

andy22 wrote:
Sadsfan wrote:
brackley wrote:

Yes he didn't need to handle it as he could easily have cleared it to the side lines instead. God knows why he decided to handle it, complete prat.

He was guilty of what all keepers do from time to time.........rather than sticking with the decision to clear his lines hes then checked and decided the ball might carry and ended up in two minds - absolutely fatal for keepers! Mr Kearns will im sure be havin words, not that Wacka will need him to say :roll:

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 pm

I'd rather Whacker let the bloke score. We may be one down but least the team hasn't been ripped apart by the sending off.

MILO5
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Robinson strikes me as a Mong.

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 pm

tinned wrote:I'd rather Whacker let the bloke score. We may be one down but least the team hasn't been ripped apart by the sending off.

.......welcome to the day in a life of a keeper and the art of split decision making. Thankfully, you dont see Wacka making too many of these elementary mistakes.

When I saw Grof wasnt on the bench I thought we were gonna get tonked..........just shows ya though, against a top 10 side we made them look distinctly average with 10 men for 3/4 of the game. I for one dont think Deano is wrong, I think we have the makings of a side but lack 2-3 players in key positions.

When we inject pace into the side with Paterson, Nicholls and Gnakpa we look as if we will open up sides.......... and with 10 men we did and arguably should have bagged a couple!!

Next Saturday, I reckon we should start with;

......................................................Gnakpa..................................................

................................................................Nicholls........................................

......Peterlin................. Chambers (if fit)................... Wilson................ Paterson.....

.......Sadler.................... Butler.............................. Smith..................Beevers......

........................................................Grof....................................................

GNAKPA IS DANGEROUS...........when you play him in a direct role running at defenders, not out wide!!!!!

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 pm

kshammer wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Walsall 0 MK 2

SMITH OUT!

Todays game?
You need to look at more than one game idiot.
How about last 11 - Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 7, or something like that.
A massive 6 points from the last 33.
The bloke is absolutely useless.
As useless as they get.
CLUELESS.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:04 pm

SMITH OUT
I say
SMITH OUT

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 pm

bangsection wrote:

Why on earth would we stick with him?
If he had any sense he would go tomorrow, he as no management skills whatsover.
FACT!

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Stop spamming.

bangsection
Site Addict

Milton Keynes Dons (H) League 1 Saturday 29/10/11.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:18 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
bangsection wrote:

Why on earth would we stick with him?
If he had any sense he would go tomorrow, he as no management skills whatsover.
FACT!

I agree. I think you should replace him. You could patrol the technical area in your motorised armchair like Davros from Doctor Who, shouting "CLUELESS!" at the players. You'll need an assistant who has the tactical nous to match your man management skills though. Dancing Kev, maybe?

brackley
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Thing is.............ive been to most of the games home and away this season and I can not think of one side, which made me think theyve given us a good hiding. We may have lost games - but when you disect it and you put all these sides alongside eachother they are all much of a muchness.....

Looking at the results, did you see Exters 4-4 at Sheff Utd!!

No side is a push-over............ one of the worst sides ive seen were colchester and look at their flamin result today.

One things for sure, our run of bad luck must change and I genuinely believe that. There are signs there that are positive, but the attacking options must be sorted and for me Paterson, Nicholls and Gnakpa could work.......

We have to start winnning games and FAST!!!!

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 pm

You know what, I've just seen the goals again on TFLS. Their second goal wasn't offside :oops: Wasn't even close, Wilson played him on by about the distance I thought he was offside.

Still think it was a definite red for Wacka.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 pm

priestley_saddler wrote:You know what, I've just seen the goals again on TFLS. Their second goal wasn't offside :oops: Wasn't even close, Wilson played him on by about the distance I thought he was offside.

So all the booing of the referee and linesman was unjustified then.

I thought it was a clear offside, but I think you can see from the replay that Butler was playing him on. No doubt about the red card though. If Walker had not handled it would have been an obvious goal scoring opportunity for the attacker.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:57 pm

priestley_saddler wrote:You know what, I've just seen the goals again on TFLS. Their second goal wasn't offside :oops: Wasn't even close, Wilson played him on by about the distance I thought he was offside.

:( I know, still, you can't blame the ground going absolutely nuts, if a players in the box and has that much space you automatically think he's got to be offside.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:25 am

Some screen shots which may (or may not) clear things up..
Was the ball outside the box? or just his feet... clutching at straws maybe, but is it clear cut enough for a red card?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A bit blurry - but this is just after the ball was kicked.... the blurry red defender is deffo playing him onside, I was wrong on this one. My wife will have to take back all her obscenities directed at the lino :D

However... I still think Beevers was fouled -

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

In fact... all those slating Walker... here is an even better screen shot taken as he first catches the ball... clear cut???

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 am

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:41 am

I think these two screen shots make it clear that Walker, and therefore his contact with the ball, was outside the area when he caught the ball.

If Walker had not caught the ball it would have been a clear chance for the forward, so definitely a straight red card.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:50 am

By the same token Bernie, my earlier shot shows the ball inside. Do the feet matter?

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 am

Whitti Steve wrote:By the same token Bernie, my earlier shot shows the ball inside. Do the feet matter?

Your shot is after the two I show. I don't think his feet matter, it is the part of the body that touches the ball. To be safe Walker should not have crossed the line, or having crossed the line should have headed the ball, or should have gone back behind the line before catching the ball.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 am

Watching the TV footage this morning he was clearly a yard outside the box when he collected the ball.

PreviousNext
Return to 2011-12 Season