Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Preston North End (H) League 1 Saturday 15/10/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Preston North End (H) League 1 Saturday 15/10/11.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:We'll lose this one 3-0.

With you on this one, one of our carrier drivers is a Preston fan and they are full of confidence at present apparently, which dosen't bode well against our mob of dissorganised and depressingly lacklustre rable!
Still not to worry...M K Dons, Trampmere & Huddersfield to look forward too... :( :( :( :(

"Only come to see the Saddlers, you've only come to see the Saddlers"

Sadders
UTS Legend

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Sadders wrote:Walsall 1-5 Preston Hume x3, Mellor x2. Nicholls for us.

Attendance 5,301 (1887 norff enders)

Preston won't have that many there. Apparently we have given them 1,500 tickets with no pay on the day. God knows why :roll: .

Bit stupid really considering they took 1,000 to Leyton orient a couple of weeks ago and had no game last weekend. The club is pretty dim at times.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 pm

1-0 to us to continue our unbeaten run and end their's :D

4900 with 1900 norfenders

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm

PNE fans can pay on the day, dunno what you're on about.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:59 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:1-0 to us to continue our unbeaten run and end their's :D

4900 with 1900 norfenders

You been on the pop again Belgian? :?

Cully
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Just checked the odds on a Walsall win, 12/5 at the moment. Ditto the draw, with Preston at 11/10 for the win.

Hmm probably wasting my money but maybe worth a little wager on a double chance ie Walsall win or draw would give you odds of 4/6, not a bad return.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Darth Vader wrote:PNE fans can pay on the day, dunno what you're on about.

Originally, PNE were notified that there would not be any pay on the day. As they have not sold out their 1,500 allocation, the remaining tickets have been recalled and they can now do so.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Cully wrote:Just checked the odds on a Walsall win, 12/5 at the moment. Ditto the draw, with Preston at 11/10 for the win.

Hmm probably wasting my money but maybe worth a little wager on a double chance ie Walsall win or draw would give you odds of 4/6, not a bad return.

And there's me thinking that the Lottery was a waste of money! :)

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:PNE fans can pay on the day, dunno what you're on about.

Originally, PNE were notified that there would not be any pay on the day. As they have not sold out their 1,500 allocation, the remaining tickets have been recalled and they can now do so.

Yes mate, just saw the date of your first post and realised they've only just made it POTD.

Apologies.

brackley
UTS Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:01 pm

...... CALLING ALL SADDLERS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fella's ........ the anticipation of another game awaits us. The smell of a fresh Autumn afternoon as the mighty reds take the field to do battle with up north.

If we take the terraces with a defeatest attitude before a flamin balls kicked what chance do we have ........... we are as good as handing them a goal advantage by allowing them to come and p*ss all over our back-yard whilst we sit their squeaking like mice expecting the worst. :evil:

I for one aint havin it.........

We have our part to play, win or lose! Come 4.45, if we then want to all share with each-other our punditry wisdom of the game then we can all compare notes after, me included :roll:

........... lets apply a little bit of sports psychology for once, some positivity on the terraces will transmit to the players and if we support them this way, they will start to believe it and all of a sudden distinctly average players become decent players :D

Lets help to start turning our season around - we all know winning our home games is a must, starting from tomorrow!

Lets stand united, shoulder to shoulder and send the North End right back up their own-end!

A Walsall win tomorrow with a single goal separating the two sides :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Not enjoying these score predictions that don't say 7-0. I miss the old Bazza

And Bazza misses the "7" key on his keyboard. I wonder how it came to get lost, or broken?? :shock:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:48 am

Comedy gold from the PNE board, where their fans took exception to bangsection's most excellent match preview! Severe sense of humour failure from some of their fans.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthr ... lsall-Rant

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 am

Exile wrote:Comedy gold from the PNE board, where their fans took exception to bangsection's most excellent match preview! Severe sense of humour failure from some of their fans.

Already covered, Exile! :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38488&view=unread#unread

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:16 am

Pedagogue wrote:
Exile wrote:Comedy gold from the PNE board, where their fans took exception to bangsection's most excellent match preview! Severe sense of humour failure from some of their fans.

Already covered, Exile! :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38488&view=unread#unread

They are no different from some of our fans; the wit will be lost on many of them and assume that the use of the phrase 'tin pot club' is meant as some sort of insult. I would be delighted to win such a pot with our current team.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 am

Bangsection gives them gold, they give us tinpot. They may win the game, but they're stupid.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Wow some of them are so thick they are offended by it.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Don't worry everyone - Nicholls is starting.

James Walker

Darryl Westlake, , Andy Butler, Manny Smith Mat Sadler

Kevan Hurst Adam Chambers, Anton Peterlin, Dave Martin

Alex Nicholls,Will Grigg,

Subs: Olly Lancashire, Ryan Jarvis, Richard Taundry, Jamie Paterson, Claude Gnakpa

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:Don't worry everyone - Nicholls is starting.

James Walker

Darryl Westlake, , Andy Butler, Manny Smith Mat Sadler

Kevan Hurst Adam Chambers, Anton Peterlin, Dave Martin

Alex Nicholls,Will Grigg,

Subs: Olly Lancashire, Ryan Jarvis, Richard Taundry, Jamie Paterson, Claude Gnakpa

About the best we could get with Macken still out I guess. Be interesting to see how Grigg and Nicholls play together at Bescot - weren't that hot at Rochdale during last week.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

1-0 Nicholls! :D

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:18 pm

(Having just read the PNE post/troll on the other board)..... snigger snigger snigger :lol:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Get in! didn't I always say what a tremendous player he was! :wink: :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Saarland Saddler wrote:1-0 Nicholls! :D

Good stuff! Must the hoards of fans cheering him on at the Bonks's's's's that have helped pep him up!! :wink:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 pm

brackley wrote:...... CALLING ALL SADDLERS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fella's ........ the anticipation of another game awaits us. The smell of a fresh Autumn afternoon as the mighty reds take the field to do battle with up north.

If we take the terraces with a defeatest attitude before a flamin balls kicked what chance do we have ........... we are as good as handing them a goal advantage by allowing them to come and p*ss all over our back-yard whilst we sit their squeaking like mice expecting the worst. :evil:

We have our part to play, win or lose! Come 4.45, if we then want to all share with each-other our punditry wisdom of the game then we can all compare notes after, me included :roll:

........... lets apply a little bit of sports psychology for once, some positivity on the terraces will transmit to the players and if we support them this way, they will start to believe it and all of a sudden distinctly average players become decent players :D

Lets help to start turning our season around - we all know winning our home games is a must, starting from tomorrow!

Lets stand united, shoulder to shoulder and send the North End right back up their own-end!

Ah! now I understand....Brackley, poor bloke has just woken from a coma, induced by over embibing after the euphoria of the celebrations following our promotion win at Swindon! I'll bring you up to date my friend...we sold that team for twopence and a bucket of gravel, we now have a team of missfits wearing the shirts porporting to be Walsall players, and they aint very good! Hence the graveyard atmos at the Bezza, the slide down the table and "the Mangement making preporations for life in the Fourth Division"

On a serious note I'm with you all the way...come on me babbies we can do it (as long as Mellor goes of injured of course)
we could get a win out of this one!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:07 pm

The result of our scoring in the 10th minute is that it puts me through the trauma of biting my nails for the remaining 80 minutes (I hope.....) :wink:

On a more serious note, I see that Sadler and Chambers were both booked in the last five minutes of the first half. They'll have to be a bit careful.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
brackley wrote:...... CALLING ALL SADDLERS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah! now I understand....Brackley, poor bloke has just woken from a coma, induced by over embibing after the euphoria of the celebrations following our promotion win at Swindon! I'll bring you up to date my friend...we sold that team for twopence and a bucket of gravel, we now have a team of missfits wearing the shirts porporting to be Walsall players, and they aint very good! Hence the graveyard atmos at the Bezza, the slide down the table and "the Mangement making preporations for life in the Fourth Division"

On a serious note I'm with you all the way...come on me babbies we can do it (as long as Mellor goes of injured of course)
we could get a win out of this one!

No need to worry about Mellor - he's been subbed at the start of the 2nd half :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Martin sent off :(

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:34 pm

70 minutes - Martin sent off, for "foul and abusive language" :roll: :roll: :roll: (he had been booked in the first half)
BBC website correction: Martin sent off for "second bookable offence"
Taundry on, Grigg sacrificed........

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

4,834 (attendance)

7 minutes to go.... 1-0....... get the ball to their corner flag and play for time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

....update.... 92nd minute, Hurst substituted, Gnakpa brought on - almost Hutchings-esque!!!

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:57 pm

We've WON a match hoorah! It is possible after all!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:We've WON a match hoorah! It is possible after all!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And we actually deserved it and we played well for two halves.

PreviousNext
Return to 2011-12 Season