Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wycombe Wanderers (A) League 1 Saturday 8/10/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (A) League 1 Saturday 8/10/11.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 pm

brackley wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
brackley wrote:Was just re-living some magic moments.........

1984....... Milk Cup Semi-Final, Liverpool at home, 2nd leg - crammed into the Hillary street end as a 12 year old.......... the expectations of that game, how I was gloating at school following the 2-2 draw at Anfield. :D

Alas, were it not for Rush and some outstanding saves from Grobbelaar we would have made history that year for sure!

Another great game was the 4-4 (replay) against Watford at Vicarage Rd after extra-time........what a belter!!! :D

And funnily enough as we were talking about him, some woeful finishing from Mark Rees in the second leg :lol:

To be fair, Liverpool had Souness back for the second leg, dirty clogger he may have been, but he made Liverpool tick, Shakespere and Preece, didn't get it all their own way in the second leg.

The Waftord game, is the best game I have ever been to I think, for a number of reasons, the loudest Walsall away following I have ever heard, truly amazing. It was one of those matches, after it had finished, you had to think twice if it really happened at all. Feel sorry for the younger fans, I doubt they will ever experience anything like that following Walsall, it was a thousand times better than the Millenium Stadium as an experience.

Me too............. its times like that, that remind you what a fantastic history the club has and the real supporters that make WFC special. These times will return..........

I certainly hope so...I'm getting long in the tooth now, and season after season we seem to produce the same old depressing crud...it's getting boring now. :(

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (A) League 1 Saturday 8/10/11.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 pm

The more people moan the worse it feels inside, and that's a fact.

Previous
Return to 2011-12 Season