Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (A) League 1 Saturday 10/9/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Duke
Site Addict

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Cannot think about Notts County without remembering that wonderful day we clinched promotion back to league 1 happy days .

A look at how the Magpies under Martin Allen have started the season.

In the league.
Carlisle - away - won 3-0
Charlton - home - lost 1-2
Tranmere - home - won 3-2
Sheff Wed - away -lost 1-2
Preston - away - lost 0-2
Bournemouth - home - won 3-1

In the cup
Carling Cup - Notts Forest - away - drew 3-3 lost on pens 3-4
J P Trophy County were given a bye in the first round

Prediction : Hopefully the Thursday's to Italy to face Juventus will take it's toll .

2-1 away win

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Re: Notts County (A) League 1 Saturday 10/9/11.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Got my ticket today, can't wait!!!! Gonna be a top away day.

1-1 Draw.

6,213 (1,093 sexy Saddlers)

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am

I also think Thursday nights friendly will play right into out hands.

With that I'm going for us to win 2-1 and Big Trev to get the winner.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am

Notts County 0-7 Walsall . Ishy to be sent off.
Deano Saddler and Duke to dress up as Steve Mcgarret and Dano Williams at half time.
Ps. Despite county playing thursday i do think that it might work in their advantage.

walsallfcconnor
UTS Veteran

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 am

Notts 3 - 3 Saddlers 7210 (1200 saddlers )
hughes hat-trick
macken hat-trick
:mrgreen:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 am

Notts County 3 Walsall 1

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:34 pm

A continuation of our good away form with a 2-1 win. Grigg and Jarvis 5589 to watch it unfold.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Notts County 1 - 1 Walsall

Jeff Hughes for them and Hurst for us.

kshammer
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:22 pm

I reckon a draw ... 1-1.

May I get the ball rolling and say what a disgrace it is that Lee Hughes is allowed to play professional football. Etc.....

(actually it really is a disgrace)

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

If he scores for County and does that retarded dance near us Walsall fans I WILL run down the steps and single handedley behead the ponce.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:26 pm

You Reds wrote:If he scores for County and does that retarded dance near us Walsall fans I WILL run down the steps and single handedley behead the ponce.

Please do, and hopefully he'll score in the first minute, as our moronic fans won't be able to spend 89 minutes signing anti-Hughes songs instead of supporting Walsall. By all means give him some stick, but we're there to support Walsall. Several years on they still haven't realised it doesn't affect him in the slightest, and if anything just motivates him to play better and try to score to shut them up.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
You Reds wrote:If he scores for County and does that retarded dance near us Walsall fans I WILL run down the steps and single handedley behead the ponce.

Please do, and hopefully he'll score in the first minute, as our moronic fans won't be able to spend 89 minutes signing anti-Hughes songs instead of supporting Walsall. By all means give him some stick, but we're there to support Walsall. Several years on they still haven't realised it doesn't affect him in the slightest, and if anything just motivates him to play better and try to score to shut them up.

Agreed.
Afterall, he did the crime, he was locked up and served the time.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

I agree, personally I'll give him some abuse if he's within my vicinity or is starting to get on my tits, but chanting stuff like, "Lee Hughes is a murderer, Lee Hughes..", "hit and run, hit and run, hit and run.." will get very sad and boring if it keep appearing during the 90 minutes.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:45 pm

You Reds wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

I agree, personally I'll give him some abuse if he's within my vicinity or is starting to get on my fools, but chanting stuff like, "Lee Hughes is a murderer, Lee Hughes..", "hit and run, hit and run, hit and run.." will get very sad and boring if it keep appearing during the 90 minutes.

Everything in moderation. Last season was embarrassing though.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:07 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Agreed.

Ditto, why waste breath berating Lee Hughes, totally futile imo.

At least he back earning a living & not poncing off us tax payers!!

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Notts 2 Walsall 0

FBIG to slip the stewards a few quid to eject everyone in the away end without a beard

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:52 pm

County 4 Walsall 2

Hughes on the score sheet yet again, and we begin our slide once more. Sad, that after such a good start. most of us are begining to fear the worst, we tend to be a bit like the England side, always failing to deliver when needed.

Hoping to get to the Scunthorpe match, I am plotting extensive plans of how to attack and penetrate the hallowed
halls of 'The Walsall Supporters not allowed Club' as we speak...wish me luck...I'm going in lads..... :)

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:24 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:County 4 Walsall 2

Hughes on the score sheet yet again, and we begin our slide once more. Sad, that after such a good start. most of us are begining to fear the worst, we tend to be a bit like the England side, always failing to deliver when needed.

Hoping to get to the Scunthorpe match, I am plotting extensive plans of how to attack and penetrate the hallowed
halls of 'The Walsall Supporters not allowed Club' as we speak...wish me luck...I'm going in lads..... :)

I was seriously starting to worry that changing your name had affected your ability to be full of doom and gloom. Nice to see the old "moaning" back.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 am

Asps wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Agreed.

Ditto, why waste breath berating Lee Hughes, totally futile imo.

At least he back earning a living & not poncing off us tax payers!!

Agree with that and MMF's comment about supporting our lads rather than becoming distracted by a sideshow.

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Agreed.

I disagree, he didn't serve the time. He was supposed to be in jail a lot longer than he was.

I really hope Butler breaks his (Hughes's) leg so we can all chant "Run away and let him die"

bangsection
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:26 am

priestley_saddler wrote:I disagree, he didn't serve the time. He was supposed to be in jail a lot longer than he was.

I really hope Butler breaks his (Hughes's) leg so we can all chant "Run away and let him die"

There's nothing quite like the self-righteous ire of the mob.

1. Nobody serves less time than they are supposed to - that is a contradiction in terms.

2. Hughes either served the set amount of time (half the actual sentence isn't it?) like most offenders who aren't given a minimum sentence or was let out early for good behaviour - a carrot given to all prisoners.

The obsession with Hughes is a bit weird to be honest.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 pm

I tried to have a conversation with the ginger minge brain once. What an effort that was. He's clearly got two braincells, one for drink driving and one for putting the ball in the net. Nothing else. The blokes a moron. Although winding him up makes him worse, and besides, he loves it. Dont give him the satisfaction.

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:06 pm

bangsection wrote:The obsession with Hughes is a bit weird to be honest.

If I drunkenly ploughed into and killed an inncocent person and then hid for a few days I would expect to receive abuse from many people (and would deserve it to).

He may have served what is the norm in the crime & punishment world but it is an ass. If you're sentenced to X years you should serve that term and not X/2.

chesterperry

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

tinned wrote:
bangsection wrote:The obsession with Hughes is a bit weird to be honest.

If I drunkenly ploughed into and killed an inncocent person and then hid for a few days I would expect to receive abuse from many people (and would deserve it to).

He may have served what is the norm in the crime & punishment world but it is an ass. If you're sentenced to X years you should serve that term and not X/2.

Your beef is with the system as much as with ginger to himself. I'm with magic and bangsection, by all means give him as much stick before and after (although the stick only seems to help unfortunately) but what's been happening with him being targeted during the game only detracts from the reason where there, Walsall. Issues with the crminal justice system and it's failings write a letter to your local MP.

On a lighter note, think we may struggle here, regardless of there trip to Turin, there tails will be up after getting a draw, and the man in question scoring to.

0-2 I'm afraid.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:45 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

I was seriously starting to worry that changing your name had affected your ability to be full of doom and gloom. Nice to see the old "moaning" back.

Thanks my friend! My old 'MOG' log on developed problems that even the admin guys couldn't fathom, so I had to 're-invent'
but it's still the old 'moanin' in brand new clothing......Did you not read some of my 'up beat' logs earlier in the season?
Though 50 years of being a Saddler tends to destroy enthusiasm somewhat before a season is very old!
Still think we'll get beaten tomorrow.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Thanks my friend! My old 'MOG' log on developed problems that even the admin guys couldn't fathom, so I had to 're-invent'
but it's still the old 'moanin' in brand new clothing......Did you not read some of my 'up beat' logs earlier in the season?
Though 50 years of being a Saddler tends to destroy enthusiasm somewhat before a season is very old!
Still think we'll get beaten tomorrow.

Makes the great wins all the more better. Beats being a Premieryga fan!

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

Draw. Lee Hughes to go down on his knees and beg forgiveness for his sins after scoring his inevitable goal.

rusky
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

County 1 Saddlers 2 6892 watching with 774 from the Banks's.

No Jimmy today at all, anyone know why he's not playing or a sub?

UTS Legend

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Butler booked after 3 minutes.

Next
Return to 2011-12 Season