Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (A) League 1 Saturday 10/9/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Notts County (A) League 1 Saturday 10/9/11.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
So I'm a bleep bleep bleep am I ? how old are you I might ask? Of course I get to games, when I can..you may notice I don't exactly live at Palfrey any more, so it aint that easy! You would have to be some Saddler to rack up anywhere near the number of Walsall matches I have seen in my lifetime...I'll be at Scunny match on Saturday so you can beat me up for having an opinion about the current situation. :?

People who dont live near Walsall will never understand the sacrifices us fans have to make who live over 70+ mile from Walsall.
Until they are in this situation, they should never judge.

Do you want to rephrase this?

Back on topic, I'm a bit disappointed we got nothing from the game. :(

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 am

Good lord.
Having read the thread it seems the team are incapable of playing for 90 minutes once again. Was there not a big to do after the last home game in the dressing room to sort this problem out? I am sure I read it and certain posters agreed it was a good thing. Doesnt seem to have done much good though by the sounds of todays performance.
Agree with Tinned, this is probably the first "mini" crisis for Smith, afterall last year he couldnt lose whatever he did. We were in such a mess when he took over, the only way was up! He seemed to install belief and passion, which oddly this season as disappeared in a significant number of performances.
UTS!

Mal
UTS Veteran

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 am

Didn't make the game this weekend but havng read the posts and watched the highlights, Westklake was clearly at fault for there second goal I can't quite get me head round how easily he was brushed off but just before that the amount of room Bishop had in central midfield to lay the ball off was ridiculous!

Saying that if Manny had managed to head the ball correctly we would have come away 2-2 and have a different view on the game with a solid point

Big game Tuesday against Oldham who have struggled then Scunny on Saturday, we stay 14th and too be honest after the last two season I am happy with that

The loan market signings will kick in soon

Sadders
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Graydon48 wrote:
Sadders wrote:Like ive said before and I'll say it again. Julian Gray, Emmanuel Ledesma, Jordon Cook and arguably Matt Richards would walk into this side. Especially the wingers. You cant lose 20 goals and more assists from midfield and expect to replace them with players of a worse standard then do well. We dont have enough goalscoring contributers. I feel sorry for Macken and Butler. Butler has to marshall Smith and Westlake 24/7 and Macken has Ryan 'I can score a screamer but dont contribute a single other thing' around him.

Butler was the only person to win an attacking flick on as we pushed on late in the game. I think that says it all.

I hope you know you have commited a crime by daring to say that Julian "he's lazy "Gray and Mat "can't head,can't tackle" Richards would walk into this side.

It doesn't matter whether he was the hardest of workers. Everyside needs a player that has the quality surrounded by thoose who just have the engine. Gray fitted perfectly into that mold. Last year we had Gray and Cook in our best form of the season, both didnt always put a huge shift in, but both contirbuted attackingly scoring and setting up vital goals, whilst others around them who lacked quality put a huge shift in.

This season, we have Hurst, Taundry, Chambers and Nicholls/Gnapka 4 engines and 0 quality. Can anyone honestly see one of our central midfielders and wingers nearly reaching double figures in goals and assists this season, because i CERTAINLY cannot.

As for Jarvis. Yeah he played okay at Bournemouth, but they look relegation fodder and are in all kinds of messes and yes he scored a rasper against Shrewsbury, but when penalties and raspers run out, he has a 1 goal per 14 games career average and that will show.

I can't remember a touch on Saturday that he contributed that was worthy of anything.

Loan market time I think.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Utter dross performance. Similar to a "Hutchings" Performance. Very worrying.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Mal wrote:Didn't make the game this weekend but havng read the posts and watched the highlights, Westklake was clearly at fault for there second goal I can't quite get me head round how easily he was brushed off but just before that the amount of room Bishop had in central midfield to lay the ball off was ridiculous!

Saying that if Manny had managed to head the ball correctly we would have come away 2-2 and have a different view on the game with a solid point

Westlake was also ripped apart by a pass through to Montano after less than five minutes - that one only hit the post though.
For all the hype around him, Montano only did two things all afternoon. The problem for us was, those two things both involved him getting the wrong side of Westlake. That's what you pay for though - an impact where it counts.

Tonight's team selection will be interesting - particularly with regard to who plays at the back. Lancashire lost his place after a bit of a shake against Yeovil, after all.

Previous
Return to 2011-12 Season