Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Rushall Olympic (A)

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Rushall Olympic (A)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:48 pm

This game is now OFF.

Apparently, WFC can't field a team. There were never going to be any first choice players on view because of the match v. Leyton Orient, four days later, any way, but it seems that there are insufficient younger professionals and triallists available to make up a squad (the apprentices are in a youth tournament in Holland).

It is hoped to re-arrange the game in early October.

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Rushall Olympic (A)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

What a shame.

bangsection
Site Addict

Rushall Olympic (A)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Talking of Rushall, I wonder what the difference in attendances will be between their opening game of the season and ours. Five hundred or so? Amazing, really.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:18 pm

bangsection wrote:Talking of Rushall, I wonder what the difference in attendances will be between their opening game of the season and ours. Five hundred or so? Amazing, really.

It's because they sell chips.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

bangsection wrote:Talking of Rushall, I wonder what the difference in attendances will be between their opening game of the season and ours. Five hundred or so? Amazing, really.

It's a vile place though, full of Villa fans

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 am

Exile wrote:

It's because they sell chips.

While 'tis true that the Pics sell chips at Dales Lane, bangsection was alluding to the fact that their first game of the season will be at the Deva Stadium, away to Chester F.C., the "phoenix" club formed following the demise of Chester City F.C. A large crowd is expected - probably the biggest that Rushall will play before, all season (although that will depend upon how well F.C. United of Manchester fare, this season).

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:18 am

Well, given that Bonser is now on the verge of selling up, we have a progressive and well respected manager and cheap season tickets, including "free" admission for under 18's, I will be disappointed if Saturday week's game v Leyton Orient is not sold out.

So I would expect the difference in the two attendances to be somewhere near 9000.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

chestersaddler wrote:

Well, given that Bonser is now on the verge of selling up, we have a progressive and well respected manager and cheap season tickets, including "free" admission for under 18's, I will be disappointed if Saturday week's game v Leyton Orient is not sold out.

So I would expect the difference in the two attendances to be somewhere near 9000.

I always admire an optimist (even tongue-in-cheek ones)! :D :D

I would have thought that the Bescot crowd would number about 4,500 and Chester's attendance will be about 2,500, so a difference of about 2,000 would be nearer the mark, I would suggest.

bangsection
Site Addict

Rushall Olympic (A)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

Pedagogue wrote:
I would have thought that the Bescot crowd would number about 4,500 and Chester's attendance will be about 2,500, so a difference of about 2,000 would be nearer the mark, I would suggest.

Yep, I think you're probably right, Bob. Although it will be interesting to see what the actual crowds are. Even so, the 'Pics playing in front of at least two 2500+ crowds next season is pretty exciting. Can't make the Chester game as I'm going to the Hartlepool match but I will be there at North Ferriby two weeks later. It's the glamorous games that bring us part-timers out.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Rushall Olympic (A)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Is Bonser REALLY on the verge of selling up though? I think he is dragging his feet to be honest. Nothing like one more half a Mil hitting your bank account!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Is Bonser REALLY on the verge of selling up though? I think he is dragging his feet to be honest. Nothing like one more half a Mil hitting your bank account!

Pity it doesn't, as it ruins your point, but, if it is paid into a SIPP it does NOT "hit his bank account". What does is the amount his pension administrators can earn from the 420,000 rent

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Rushall Olympic (A)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Pity it doesn't, as it ruins your point, but, if it is paid into a SIPP it does NOT "hit his bank account". What does is the amount his pension administrators can earn from the 420,000 rent

Oh FFS Neil, give it a rest will you! You know the point I'm trying to make. Bonser benefits financially. End of

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Oh FFS Neil, give it a rest will you! You know the point I'm trying to make. Bonser benefits financially. End of

If you are trying to make a point, then make it - properly, without exaggeration and the propensity to make us all sound completely unreasonable.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Rushall Olympic (A)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:[quote="bangsection"]Talking of Rushall, I wonder what the difference in attendances will be between their opening game of the season and ours. Five hundred or so? Amazing, really.

If you are trying to make a point, then make it - properly, without exaggeration and the propensity to make us all sound completely unreasonable.[/quote]

Mmmm, " making us all sound unreasonable" now where have I seen that before? :roll:

geoff skillet
UTS Legend

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 am

"It's the glamorous games that bring us part-timers out."
:lol:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Rushall Olympic (A)

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 am

Nothing about selling chips

Return to 2011-12 Season