Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Cheltenham Town (A) Pre-Season Friendly 26/7/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2011-2012 season as Walsall finished 19th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, no text speak no OTT abuse!
Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Re: Cheltenham Town (A) Pre-Season Friendly 26/7/11.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Duke wrote:The doom and gloom merchants are out in force before we've kicked off the new season , what will they be like if we don't thrash Orient I dread to think.

OK we've lost a few friendlies that doesn't make us certs for relegation , as I said earlier fans are taking pre season far to seriously

Yep. The season we beat Villa in pre-season, we ended up getting relegated.
Results in friendlies mean naff all.

Except the comments weren't about the result, they were about the performances. Especially of the new players. We have decided to (/only been able to afford to) sign players who have been released by League One clubs. Clearly these players have got something to prove as the recent evidence suggests they aren't really good enough for this level. I don't think anyone has yet come away saying Beevers, Jarvis, Gnakpa, Hurst or Grof are going to set the world alight. Meanwhile Smith and Nicholls have began where they left off (ie on their way to being released). That's quite a sizeable portion of our squad. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to one bad result - I don't see any particular reason to be overly optimistic about the year ahead and think it's right to downplay expectations, otherwise Smith will be loaded with unfair criticism if we're not pushing the play-offs by October.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Last time we had a decent preseason, geordie and cyclo were still posting, and Daz was still called Metfan, and stepping out with a bird called Roxi. In his pink yga shirt.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 am

Exile wrote:Last time we had a decent preseason, geordie and cyclo were still posting, and Daz was still called Metfan, and stepping out with a bird called Roxi. In his pink yga shirt.

Ahh the glory days...

I saw her the other week too! :mrgreen:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:23 am

Saarland Saddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Last time we had a decent preseason, geordie and cyclo were still posting, and Daz was still called Metfan, and stepping out with a bird called Roxi. In his pink yga shirt.

Ahh the glory days...

And her three kids?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 am

Cheesebag wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:

Ahh the glory days...

And her three kids?

They all had pink shirts on too.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 am

That pink shirt was nice!! :mrgreen:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:05 am

Cheesebag wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:

Ahh the glory days...

And her three kids?

errmmm... didn't you mean THEIR three kids :shock:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

Cheesebag wrote:
Saarland Saddler wrote:

Ahh the glory days...

And her three kids?

One actually! :D :D

Previous
Return to 2011-12 Season