Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Transfer Rumours 2016/2017

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Re: Transfer Rumours 2016/2017

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:50 pm

MONDAYS NEW SIGNING :mrgreen:

Anyone fancy a chocolate MOUSS'A :lol: :D

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:54 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:A second new signing today was meant to be announced this afternoon but instead the announcement has been moved to Monday :cry:

You MOUSS be kidding me???

ill get me coat......

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Micky Saddler wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:A second new signing today was meant to be announced this afternoon but instead the announcement has been moved to Monday :cry:

ill get me coat......

Lets be frank - it does appear a trifle obvious.
Last edited by gerryhatrick on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:22 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:
Micky Saddler wrote:

ill get me coat......

It does appear a trifle obvious.

It mouss be mate.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:30 pm

To bury some BAD news potentially.... :(

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Cheesebag wrote:To bury some BAD news potentially.... :(

Sussex Life have called in the liquidators?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:08 am

Speculation about Rico seems to have risen in the past couple of days. Leeds, West Ham and Burnley apparently interested.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:08 pm

Tahvon Campbell from WBA and Jean-Pierre Nsame are both on trial.

Jean-Pierre was indicated for abuse of a minor (shook the baby) last year. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nscToyd9Kg

https://vimeo.com/82632135

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:37 pm

It really shouldn't be beyond the club to sign an experienced proven league one striker with the money they'll be getting for Bradshaw.

Interested to see what the plan B is if Jordy dosen't want to come back, hope it's not a trialist, Manset was great wasn't he? :roll:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:19 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:Tahvon Campbell from WBA and Jean-Pierre Nsame are both on trial.

Jean-Pierre was indicated for abuse of a minor (shook the baby) last year. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nscToyd9Kg

https://vimeo.com/82632135

I watched 2 mins of each of those videos and I know which one looked more impressive and I would go for - the one on our doorstep!!

dobbster71
UTS Veteran

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:42 pm

This bloke could do a job for us for a season I reckon:

http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/sport ... ng_Yakubu/

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Southend Echo say Walsall signing Franck Moussa this week so looks like he's the mystery Monday man.

I had reservations but then again in a 4-2-3-1 a 3 of Moussa-Oztumer-Morris behind the main striker looks quite decent although would like to see another wide man in so Morris can play more centrally to continue his promise from end of last season.

Now for a striker who can actually hit a barn door. :lol:

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:58 am

So is it 'Frank' or 'Fronk'?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKFtRedJxTw

I look forward to his after-match press interviews!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 am

He's played 1 game in 18 months, him and Cuvelier will be on decent wages and it's abit if a gamble JW is taking.

coventriansaddler
Glitterati

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Lots of strikers avaliable at the momment, Ismail Miller , Rory Fallon, Emile Heskey , Sigurdarson (ex Wolves, excuse spelling) ......

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:45 pm

coventriansaddler wrote:Lots of strikers avaliable at the momment, Ismail Miller , Rory Fallon, Emile Heskey , Sigurdarson (ex Wolves, excuse spelling) ......

STRIKERS!!! How very dare you! You should know by now that Walsall F.C. don't have that word in their dictionary!!
Full backs/half backs/mid fielders a plenty, but someone who actually knows that you have to stick that round leathery thing into that squarish netty thing? Does not compute I'm afraid
We WILL have the best defence & midfield in our League......however.................. :(

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
coventriansaddler wrote:Lots of strikers avaliable at the momment, Ismail Miller , Rory Fallon, Emile Heskey , Sigurdarson (ex Wolves, excuse spelling) ......

STRIKERS!!! How very dare you! You should know by now that Walsall F.C. don't have that word in their dictionary!!
Full backs/half backs/mid fielders a plenty, but someone who actually knows that you have to stick that round leathery thing into that squarish netty thing? Does not compute I'm afraid
We WILL have the best defence & midfield in our League......however.................. :(

Apart from the fact we've had a 20 goal a season striker for 2 seasons

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Strikers are the hardest to get due to being the most sort after kind of player. Strikers usually take time and I think the club have found themselves in a difficult situation where they don't know whether they are looking for a striker partner for Tom or a replacement for Tom.

Personally I think we'll bring in Hiwula plus one other if Tom goes. If he doesn't I think we'll loan in a partner for him.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Am I the only one that really isn't that bothered about Hiwula?

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Am I the only one that really isn't that bothered about Hiwula?

The opposite in fact. I think I am one of only a few who actually rate him.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Am I the only one that really isn't that bothered about Hiwula?

I'm not arsed either.

barnslanesaddler
UTS Regular

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Definitely not fussed neither.

Especially if we have to pay a fee for him.

My worry is that Witney will sign him as a replacement for Tom.

His second stint with us last season was no where near as good as his first.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:29 pm

His first spell is why I still rate him. That Jordi Hiwula is still in him, and with Tom going I think it is worth taking the risk (only if it is a reasonable fee) and trying to find that player in him again. We know from his first spell that he can score goals at this level, 9 in 19 is on par if not better than Tom's goal average. It's just about whether people want to take the risk and develop him, for me we should but for others they'd rather we look elsewhere.

If I was Whitney I would get Hiwula as someone who knows the club, has scored goals at this level and can also fill a wide positon. I would also try and get another young promising striker that could also be developed. But that is just me, I know some fans have an aversion to re-signing former players or just simply don't rate him.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:His first spell is why I still rate him. That Jordi Hiwula is still in him, and with Tom going I think it is worth taking the risk (only if it is a reasonable fee) and trying to find that player in him again. We know from his first spell that he can score goals at this level, 9 in 19 is on par if not better than Tom's goal average. It's just about whether people want to take the risk and develop him, for me we should but for others they'd rather we look elsewhere.

If I was Whitney I would get Hiwula as someone who knows the club, has scored goals at this level and can also fill a wide positon. I would also try and get another young promising striker that could also be developed. But that is just me, I know some fans have an aversion to re-signing former players or just simply don't rate him.

I agree Jonny. The difference was that during his first spell he was seen as the dogs cock, whereas during the second spell he was a bit part player usually coming off the bench. Make him the main striker and you have Jordy MK1

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:45 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:His first spell is why I still rate him. That Jordi Hiwula is still in him, and with Tom going I think it is worth taking the risk (only if it is a reasonable fee) and trying to find that player in him again. We know from his first spell that he can score goals at this level, 9 in 19 is on par if not better than Tom's goal average. It's just about whether people want to take the risk and develop him, for me we should but for others they'd rather we look elsewhere.

I agree Jonny. The difference was that during his first spell he was seen as the dogs cock, whereas during the second spell he was a bit part player usually coming off the bench. Make him the main striker and you have Jordy MK1

Certainly hope that becomes a fact Chester, even though he did fluff quite a few 'sitters' towards the end of last season, if he were to re-create the Jordi of old, he could become the answer to our 'forwards' shortage. I do think that this is Whitney's intended move, should, as expected, Jeff accept a miserable couple of hundred grand off Rotherscum for Bradders services. However, I do think that this 'will he go/won't he go' affair is becoming a 'far too long drawn out' saga
for most of us.

Come on you red and black checks, :mrgreen:

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Huddersfield will want 100k for Jordi to get there money back. Hope Huddersfield are the mystery bidder and we can get him as part of the transfer.

I'd also go and get Cole from Fleetwood, but as we never buy players we are likely to get a loan striker from a Premiership youth academy and a 3rd rate foreign trialist.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:25 pm

It's true Jordy didn't set the house on fire last season but you have to be realistic and see who you can get that you'd be fairly sure could net 10-15 in the league and take over some of the mantle from Bradshaw.

At least bringing in likes of Moussa and Oztumer will help as I'm sure they can score a few goals themselves rather than the reliance on Bradshaw that was evident in his first season.

I'd still take Jordy back as I think in a settled environment and at a club he knows well he could be reasonably prolific.

Failing that I'd look at Matt Taylor at Bristol Rovers who's out of contract and had a very good goalscoring record in league two last season. No idea if he's about to sign for someone else.

Edit: Would also look at George Waring at Stoke who was excellent two seasons ago at this level for our friends from Barnsley.

Barren Flak
UTS Veteran

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:It's true Jordy didn't set the house on fire last season but you have to be realistic and see who you can get that you'd be fairly sure could net 10-15 in the league and take over some of the mantle from Bradshaw.

At least bringing in likes of Moussa and Oztumer will help as I'm sure they can score a few goals themselves rather than the reliance on Bradshaw that was evident in his first season.

I'd still take Jordy back as I think in a settled environment and at a club he knows well he could be reasonably prolific.

Failing that I'd look at Matt Taylor at Bristol Rovers who's out of contract and had a very good goalscoring record in league two last season. No idea if he's about to sign for someone else.

Edit: Would also look at George Waring at Stoke who was excellent two seasons ago at this level for our friends from Barnsley.

Echoing the BOLD, and I'd also like to explore our super relationship with the Saints and get Sam Gallagher in for half a season or so.

Either of these are a bigger physical presence too, which will help us at set-pieces and corners. Even, perhaps, when we're defending them, as at the moment we don't have many 6fters.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Barren Flak wrote:Either of these are a bigger physical presence too, which will help us at set-pieces and corners. Even, perhaps, when we're defending them, as at the moment we don't have many 6fters.

I'd be interested if we went down the bigger/more physical route, as something a bit different. They don't have to be bigger though, somebody that can hold the ball up would be a big help.Jon Macken wasn't at all big but could really hold the ball until the cavalry arrived.

Barren Flak
UTS Veteran

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:26 pm

tinned wrote:
Barren Flak wrote:Either of these are a bigger physical presence too, which will help us at set-pieces and corners. Even, perhaps, when we're defending them, as at the moment we don't have many 6fters.

I'd be interested if we went down the bigger/more physical route, as something a bit different. They don't have to be bigger though, somebody that can hold the ball up would be a big help.Jon Macken wasn't at all big but could really hold the ball until the cavalry arrived.

Jabo, Jabo, Jabo.

Thighs of Bostick.

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then