Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

STANDING CONTINGENT APPEAL

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.

Is it right to stand up in the Tile Choice Lower Stand?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes, it doesn't matter how I effect other supporters I should be allowed to stand.
53%
No, its unfair to other paying ticket holders to have their view restricted or force them to stand.
47%

Total votes : 66
brummie saddler
Site Addict

Re: STANDING CONTINGENT APPEAL

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 pm

mr swifty wrote:
Whitters wrote:
boringteacher wrote:I was just pleased that, for once, the club showed common sense today and didn't create the sort of crisis that they might of.

Club praised for doing nothing shock.

Just goes to show the whole affair has been a storm in a teacup and no-one at the club takes any notice of fringe web sites.
Note that the attendance of our supporters was down - have the "non-standers who complain about standing" become stayaways?
Is a post on this thread going to be a standing arrangement after every home game?

no we was there today, seems the club have taken notice as the big piece in the programme. seems the club do take notice and will take further steps as they know the offenders

What was said in the programme.

theres no real offenders as it was evidnet to me today people were moving from other blocks to come to block 4 to make a stand and keep block 4 as it has been for as long as it has been seating.

i think the atmosphere today was fantastic for the most part, went a little off when the players were struggling (one of my pet hates)

mr swifty

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
mr swifty wrote:
Whitters wrote:
boringteacher wrote:I was just pleased that, for once, the club showed common sense today and didn't create the sort of crisis that they might of.

Club praised for doing nothing shock.

Just goes to show the whole affair has been a storm in a teacup and no-one at the club takes any notice of fringe web sites.
Note that the attendance of our supporters was down - have the "non-standers who complain about standing" become stayaways?
Is a post on this thread going to be a standing arrangement after every home game?

no we was there today, seems the club have taken notice as the big piece in the programme. seems the club do take notice and will take further steps as they know the offenders

What was said in the programme.

theres no real offenders as it was evidnet to me today people were moving from other blocks to come to block 4 to make a stand and keep block 4 as it has been for as long as it has been seating.
their cctv has being doing overtime as identified every offender and intresting when they renew season tickets if they have one

i think the atmosphere today was fantastic for the most part, went a little off when the players were struggling (one of my pet hates)

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 pm

the thing is when in block 4 you think it sounds good, I was (standing tut tut) in Block one and the sound rarely spread clearly over to here.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Darth Vader wrote:the thing is when in block 4 you think it sounds good, I was (standing tut tut) in Block one and the sound rarely spread clearly over to here.

i understand where you are coming from, i was 5 minutes late and was asking myself if there was actually a game on as i approached the ground, it just tells you how bad the acoustics are in the bezla.

i personally would relish having the away, i think we could have a mean atmosphere when we wanted to really give it a go even with 20 singers.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Like I always say, it only ever really gets going when the upper starts up, and considering how empty that section has been for years, we have been fudge from the arse for so long.

The away end would be great, though I wouldn't be able to tan my cock when the sun is out

I suppose I'll see you in block 1 for Shrewsbury Josh. :lol:

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Like I always say, it only ever really gets going when the upper starts up, and considering how empty that section has been for years, we have been damaged from the backside for so long.

The away end would be great, though I wouldn't be able to tan my piece when the sun is out

I suppose I'll see you in block 1 for Shrewsbury Josh. :lol:

barclays :lol:

when we played the game not long ago and the stewards gave us the choice to sit in the lower or upper i really wanted the singers to do a milwall and occupy the upper tier i really love it when you hear the upper just amplify any chant that has started downstairs.

i would go there on my ones if it meant we could have banter between the two tiers but i think i would have prawn sandwiches thrown in my direction :lol:

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:56 pm

If the club take "action" for people standing then we are fudge aren't we! It's a football match not theatre.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:If the club take "action" for people standing then we are damaged aren't we! It's a football match not theatre.

Just ban the lot, we'll all take up knitting and rotate our needles.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:If the club take "action" for people standing then we are damaged aren't we! It's a football match not theatre.

Don't put it past them to do so.

Wonder if they were taking piccies to identify these asbo desperados? I sincerely hope not - and really hope that they've learnt a few things since "Freedom of Speech". Having talked to a couple of stewards at the back of the FTG lower, they seemed a bit nervous about the potential future stupidity of their bosses.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 pm

boringteacher wrote:

Wonder if they were taking piccies to identify these asbo desperados? I sincerely hope not - and really hope that they've learnt a few things since "Freedom of Speech". Having talked to a couple of stewards at the back of the FTG lower, they seemed a bit nervous about the potential future stupidity of their bosses.

i had a chat with one of the older stewards and he did hint that they had been briefed to clamp down, glad they used common sense.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:03 am

brummie saddler wrote:
boringteacher wrote:

i had a chat with one of the older stewards and he did hint that they had been briefed to clamp down, glad they used common sense.

They're coming to get you!!!!
Your photo's will be memorised by the folks letting you into the ground!!!
You will be refused entry!!!

Better start thinking about supporting another club!
That'll learn youse!

Nurse, Whitters is in a bit of a state again, I've had to change his underwear and wipe the foam from his mouth more than once this morning.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 am

Whitters wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
boringteacher wrote:

They're coming to get you!!!!
Your photo's will be memorised by the folks letting you into the ground!!!
You will be refused entry!!!

Better start thinking about supporting another club!
That'll learn youse!

Nurse, Whitters is in a bit of a state again, I've had to change his underwear and wipe the foam from his mouth more than once this morning.

:lol: if i got restricted to away game sonly that would be fine by me.

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:28 am

Anybody see the "petition" going around today to get block 4 supporters banned if they refuse to sit.
Laughable our own fans turning on each other guy gave it me in block five he got told to stick it where the sun don't shine it's been that way long as I remember and anything hat helps the atmosphere I support.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 am

If people stopped going on about it on certain 'fringe' websites the club wouldn't take the blindest bit of notice.

So if you want to stand, stop going on about it!

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Exile wrote:If people stopped going on about it on certain 'fringe' websites the club wouldn't take the blindest bit of notice.

12 pages and you still haven't grasped what the thread is all about.
The thread was started by people who wanted the standing to stop.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Whitters wrote:
Exile wrote:If people stopped going on about it on certain 'fringe' websites the club wouldn't take the blindest bit of notice.

Page one, about the fifth post, I grasped what it was on about and made constructive comment.

Still, don't let that stop you from posting your usual gibberish, this thread is only 12 pages long so I doubt you'd have grasped it at all yet. :wink:

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Exile wrote:
Whitters wrote:

Page one, about the fifth post, I grasped what it was on about and made constructive comment.

Still, don't let that stop you from posting your usual gibberish, this thread is only 12 pages long so I doubt you'd have grasped it at all yet. :wink:

Have a good day Exile.

Whitters
Site Addict

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I watched a couple of Premier League games on the telly last weekend.
There's heaps and heaps of standing going on.

bigbadsad
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:01 pm

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/threa ... lsall-away the shrews are talking about standing up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Ours was allocated seating and look what happened. It means fudge all and rightly so away from home.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 am

Whitters wrote:I watched a couple of Premier League games on the telly last weekend.
There's heaps and heaps of standing going on.

Good!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Stand up, if you hate standers....oh.

Cuzo24
Glitterati

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:56 pm

i cant beleive this threads still gewin

Previous
Return to You Said That Then