Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

It's Mullen!

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
saddlersam
UTS Legend

It's Mullen!

Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Obviously...!

Thoughts?!

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Re: It's Mullen!

Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm

From OS

Following much deliberation, the 55 year-old was selected from a short-list drawn up by the Board of Directors. "We have had a number of interesting applicants but Jimmy stood out as the cheapest option," explained Chairman, Jeff Bonser. "He has a wealth of experience, holds the highest possible coaching qualifications, and has an inside working knowledge of the club.

stig

Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Well I don't care how many people say let's give him a chance, it's the biggest crock of sh* t of a decision I can possibly think of. Bonser you're a complete buffoon, and have finally shoved it up us once too often. Go rot in Hell.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm

If this decision had been taken 5 weeks ago - I could almost have stomached it (almost), but after 5 weeks of telling us how good the applicants are - well, it is the biggest PR disaster to date. Gotta feel sorry for Mullen, it aint his fault. I suspect his career may last about as long as Kevan Broadhursts unless he wins the first 5 games on the bounce.

For sale: 2 Adults and 2 kids season tickets.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm

stig wrote:Well I don't care how many people say let's give him a chance, it's the biggest crock of sh* t of a decision I can possibly think of. Bonser you're a complete buffoon, and have finally shoved it up us once too often. Go rot in Hell.

Good avatar, very impressive art work

cumonureds

Thu May 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Its a total waste of money going to watch them. The money goes straight to Bonser without much going back into the team. What a shock we go for the cheapest of the lot. Mullen is useless. Were going down. :cry:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Thu May 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:If this decision had been taken 5 weeks ago - I could almost have stomached it (almost), but after 5 weeks of telling us how good the applicants are - well, it is the biggest PR disaster to date. Gotta feel sorry for Mullen, it aint his fault. I suspect his career may last about as long as Kevan Broadhursts unless he wins the first 5 games on the bounce.

Agreed steve, he should have given Mullen the job 5 weeks ago. I've supported Bonser in the past , but not anymore

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Pedro wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:If this decision had been taken 5 weeks ago - I could almost have stomached it (almost), but after 5 weeks of telling us how good the applicants are - well, it is the biggest PR disaster to date. Gotta feel sorry for Mullen, it aint his fault. I suspect his career may last about as long as Kevan Broadhursts unless he wins the first 5 games on the bounce.

Agreed steve, he should have given Mullen the job 5 weeks ago. I've supported Bonser in the past , but not anymore

I think Steve was a Bonser supporter too. The major issue here is why take 5 weeks to employ someone? Whats the hidden factor? Money. again. Its a farce.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Well if there was ever any doubt about me sticking to my guns and not renewing my season ticket in the summer, it's just disappeared.

I am utterly DISGUSTED by this decision, and I am NOT going to be at Bescot (or The Banks's) next season. The cheapskate Bonser fool has had his last money out of me, end of.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm too depressed to post.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 pm

JIMMY MULLENS BARMY ARMY :mrgreen:

Cant make my mind up whether he looks more like Ronnie Moore or Father Ted.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Asps wrote:I'm too depressed to post.

do what I did then you will feel better :wink:

walsall_fc_matt

Thu May 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Walsall Fc = Cheap as chips ---- Just like Jimmy's Cars :(

walsall_fc_matt

Thu May 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Looks like Jimmys come back :(

But the wrong f**kin Jimmy !! :(

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 5:01 pm

walsall_fc_matt wrote:Walsall Fc = Cheap as chips ---- Just like Jimmy's Cars :(

maybe it was his dealings with cheap cars that convinced Jeff.

S.Koda or E.Scort our first summer signings?

What contacts has Jimmy possibly got?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 5:02 pm

why 5 weeks :?:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu May 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Why 5 weeks :?:

To see if he (JB) could find anyone cheaper, of course!

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Unfortunately Mullen is the poor sod who's going to get all the abuse if it goes teets up.

Make no mistake, I will support the bloke, because at the end of the day he put his name forward and got it, I won't begrudge him that at all. I could blame him if he makes some dodgy signings, but I don't think thats anything to do with him, that'll be STM's Jolly sorted out for the next couple of months.

But why has this been dragged out for five weeks?

And I do not believe that Mullen was the best overall candidate out of all of them, no way. So, this leaves us with a couple of queries. Was Mullen the 'cheaper' option to hire?, afterall, his recent management positions in non league couldn't have been paying that well. Were other managers just asking too much?, or just asking for a fair wage?. Or, did we not have any candidates of real quality even apply? . Which would indicate the club's been talking out of its rear end the last few weeks, or infact we just don't have a good reputation in the game anymore.

I wonder why that is.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Pedagogue wrote:

And to allow people who have worked hard for their money to spend it on season tickets. Its disgusting.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:

And to allow people who have worked hard for their money to spend it on season tickets. Its disgusting.

Luckily for me I didnt fall for Jeff's normal shite.

Ill stay around on UTS because I enjoy the people but I wont be commentating on many of the games, as I wont be there next season.

Reading Saddler
UTS Regular

Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm

This was always going to be the case. All the pre-managerial decisions seem to suggest that it was never going to be a case of a new regime.... i'll be interested in what signings are brought in from here and hope that Mullen turns out to be a good signing.... it does look like the sort of person who would be an extra in a Adam Sandler film tho!! ------> ah well I will watch with curiosity.

Louise
UTS Legend

Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm

I literally had that sinking feeling in my stomach when i heard this news.
5 weeks we have been waiting - why? if he was so outstanding why go through the farce of bothering to interview other
applicants ( thats if they even did).
Are we seriously supposed to believe this is the best Walsall can do - my work colleagues were laughing at me when i told them the news - even they thought Bonser would have the sense to at least bring in a new face.
Jeff, your last get out of jail card has been used up - you so clearly hold the fans in utter contempt.
After spending well on a grand last season watching my club self implode, I am seriously reconsidering if I can contemplate going any more.

walsall_fc_matt

Thu May 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Jimmy will wear his Arthur Daily Hat n coat , together with suntan man will bring us some right cheap imports next season.

What a duo ! Arthur Daily and Suntan Man. Imagine the even cheaper imported trash comming our way !!!
Last edited by walsall_fc_matt on Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Lets get all the excuses out now......

The players were EXHAUSTed and TYRED.....

walsall_fc_matt

Thu May 22, 2008 5:14 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:Lets get all the excuses out now......

The players were EXHAUSTed and TYRED.....

The cost of fuel has been a great worry to Arthur Daley and the team !

tinned
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm

RIP Walsall FC. Meet it's successor Bonser's Pension Fund FC.

If anyone still wants to kid themselves that Bonser only makes decisions for the good of the club then I think you must be beyond help. Surely nobody can still fail to acknowlege that Bonser doesn't care two hoots what happens to the football side of the business as long as his fat cheque gets wrote first each month.

Bonser: Name your price, sell up and LEAVE US ALONE. Just as I thought you couldn't wring anymore life out of this club you prove me wrong. You are a complete joke.

For Sale: One adult, one child and a mini red season ticket.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Never trust a car salesman, a dodgy agent and a dodgy chairman.

:mrgreen:

Cueball
UTS Regular

Thu May 22, 2008 5:19 pm

tinned wrote:RIP Walsall FC. Meet it's successor Bonser's Pension Fund FC.

If anyone still wants to kid themselves that Bonser only makes decisions for the good of the club then I think you must be beyond help. Surely nobody can still fail to acknowlege that Bonser doesn't care two hoots what happens to the football side of the business as long as his fat cheque gets wrote first each month.

Bonser: Name your price, sell up and LEAVE US ALONE. Just as I thought you couldn't wring anymore life out of this club you prove me wrong. You are a complete joke.

For Sale: One adult, one child and a mini red season ticket.

You're as dodgy as our new car salesman/manager. You had that mini red for free!!!

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Thu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

well i must admit if anything has confirmed my decision not to renew my season ticket then this decision does it!!!
i honestly nearly thought that bonser would get a new face with some coaching experience
wasnt expecting the chosen jose but my god weve stooped to an all time low.
this has to be the biggest own goal that geffery bubbles has ever scored!!!
i would imagine that we wont sell 1 more season ticket as of today and wouldnt be surprised if some fans want a refund!!!
bonser youre certainly divorced from any common sense you may have had left you cheapskate.
youve now lost another 4 fans because theres another 3 of me who feel exactly the same tonight.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

It's definately away games only for me, not only am I "divorced from financial reality", I'm also now "divorced from the Banks's"

Cheers Jeff!

Next
Return to You Said That Then