Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Dicky's gone

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Re: Dicky's gone

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Its strange aint it, Bonser couldn't bring himself to accept Mersons resignation(s)... yet with Richard Money he's somehow managed to... hmmm wonder why, maybe 'cos DD had the balls to say "**** off bonser you leach"

[modded - language]

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Not sure how I feel, just got a text from Evo and I was initially shocked but now I am not so suprised. TBH I thought he would go at the end of this season and he has obviously had talks with Bonser which has forced his position.
Oh well here is to another new stage in Walsall FC's history.

ws10saddler
UTS Regular

Location: Resolute Insurance Services, PM for Commerical & Personal Insurance Quotes

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Agreed Stafflers... some people need to realise what they want exactly.

Im gutted MOney has gone, but at the same time.... what's David Kelly doing these days?

ShropsSaddler
Glitterati

philthesaddler wrote:Come on shrops its not hard to work out is it?

In the last week we've had Mooney, Money and Betsy all complaining about the way the club sold its best two players and didnt replace them.

Money also went on to say he was seeking assurances regarding the budget for next season. 4 days later, he's walked.

Even Burnside could work out whats happened.

Phil, I can work out WHAT has happened but, because I don't know the full story, I can't quite apportion "blame" at the moment. As I say, did Mr Money seek assurances that he'd be allowed to spend, say, £500k in transfer fees? If so, we all KNOW that is not going to happen at Walsall and HE should have known as well.

I do want money released for the playing budget but I want it spent on additional wages/signing on fees etc to attract quality players rather than lining the pockets of another club. I STILL have not been told that that won't happen. I can ASSUME....but then that's all I'm doing.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

stafflers wrote:
ShropsSaddler wrote:We need to know both sides of this story before we can PROPERLY and RATIONALLY comment.

I agree.

It's also interesting that a number of posters were demanding that Richard Money left a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly thread was called "eff off money" or something like that.

Now those very same people have exactly what they want and are demanding that Jeff Bonser "effs off" because they have what they called for a few weeks ago.

Some posts on here are pathetic.

Surprise Surprise Stafflers standing up for his employer/special friend :roll:

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Not in the least bit shocked. Listed to him on WM this morning and he sounded completely disillusioned to be honest. Stabbed in the back by the owner,

………who sold his star players from under him.

………In the same way as he ordered Merson to clear out Jorge, Fryatt, Ziggy et al, and then didn’t have the guts to sack him.

………In the same way as he ordered Colin Lee not to play Paul Ritchie.

………In the same way as he gobbed off about Colin Lee, until he (Bonser)settled out of court

………In the same way he promised us a strike force to be proud of.

………In the same way as ITV digital wouldn’t effect us, but rather strangely did, for years, and years.

And on, and on, and on…..

Gutless, greedy little man.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Shocked.....

Can anybodt fit "David Kelly/Mark Kinsellas" barmy army into a chant?

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:****. We really aren't going to invest are we? :oops: :oops:

It seems apart from Stafflers and Burnie, everyone gets there eventually. :wink:

stefano123
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks Jeff. Yes DD needs to get in the real world a lil bit but come on.

obvious to see what has happened here. Money walks into Jeff's office and says "money for transfers?" Jeff says "no, are you silly you should no me better than that!". Money says "fine" walks out and resigns. Jeff is really happy that he didn't have to shell out any money to let him go.

Bonser OUT

benbo85

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 pm

i'm completely at a loss for how bitter, let down, and angry i feel! i'm not suprised money has gone, and good luck to him he deserves better! those who criticise him now and have done, might want to have a look at where we are and what we've achieved under him. yes the football hasn't been great but he's assembled a decent team competing this season, only to be let down big time by a chairman who for me really has to pull his finger out to gain the fans support and respect, it could have been o so different. such a shame

nice one jeff

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:

It seems apart from Stafflers and Burnie, everyone gets there eventually. :wink:

Indeed they have.

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Sorry to see DD go, did an amazing job with what he had. In 12 months time we will look back with a lot of regret.

Mr Bonser is just biding time until his pension fund matures and he can go himself, that is why Dann went to pay off his "loan". This has in turn led to our downturn in playing fortunes and loss of our manager. Mr Bonser will walk away next year with a multi million pound pension fund and the money from the sale of the club and land, he has done VERY well out of a lower division football club.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:24 pm

stafflers wrote:
ShropsSaddler wrote:We need to know both sides of this story before we can PROPERLY and RATIONALLY comment.

I agree.

It's also interesting that a number of posters were demanding that Richard Money left a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly thread was called "eff off money" or something like that.

Now those very same people have exactly what they want and are demanding that Jeff Bonser "effs off" because they have what they called for a few weeks ago.

There's a difference between us telling him to sling his hook (which I wouldn't have wanted) and him telling us that he wants to leave. Based on the fact that he's prepared to throw away two years of cash to leave and his ambition there are only two realistic scenarios here:

(a) He's got a better job lined up elsewhere already. At this stage of the season that seems unlikely to me.
(b) Staying at WFC is going to do more harm than good to his career. Surely that means no funds for a credible challenge next season.

If anyone can come up with an alternative scenario for DD passing on two years worth of salary then I'd be interested to hear it. But at the moment the balance of probabilities has shifted very strongly into the "not investing next season" camp. :cry: :cry:

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:

More evidence! :wink:

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Seems not.

I'm really fed up with this club.... We seem to be going nowhere....
It hurts me to say it, but I think our current owner and his cronies seem happy to remain 'litttle Walsall'.

That is not the mentality I want at my football club.

Unfortunately though, I cannot see anyone on the horizon to save us from this pityful existance. :x :cry: :oops:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, what a frustrating few hours waiting for UTS to work again!!!

Shocked it happened today, but not at all shocked that he has gone. I, like others have said am also not that upset. I guess Moneys recent ramblings in the press, his bizarre loan signings and his strange team selection all make my feelings less than they would have been a few months ago. I think he has timed it well from his point of view as he can lay the blame for his departure at the Fox/Dann thing. People keep blaming Bonser for not spending that money (despite not knowing it is actually there yet or not) when as others have said the main reason for our demise was the lack of Goal (Ricketts or a replacement). These too can probably be pinned on the chairman... BUT and here's the big BUT... every Walsall manager that has come to the club under JB has known exactly what they were coming to... we know, the players, know, the game as a whole knows what Walsall are like. Until you come up with a viable alternative, there is no point banging on about JB. He is here until someone else wants it badly enough.

Money... thank you for the good times, pity about your "relationship" with the fans, but I wont let it detract from the job you did in your time here - please note that in your next job you need to keep waving at the fans!

Tickets are still on sale for Tuesday's match if you want to come and make your feelings known :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: And, best of all the money doesn;t go to JB :mrgreen:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Why should I support a club who clearly have no ambition?

If I wasn't such a loyal supporter, I'd be asking myself that question.

Trouble is, there are many who aren't as loyal as me, and who will have already asked that question.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:28 pm

DD's resignation should ensure that the vaste majority of supporters see this for what it is - an ambitious manager resigning from an unambitious club with a charmless owner, who, as I've said before, knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

The club has become subordinate to the whims and interests of one man, and that is intolerable.

geoff skillet
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:29 pm

NCR may well have a point. and it will be interesting to see what happens now.

i'm not disappointed to see Richard Money leave our club though. we want someone who can get the players organised etc. but we also need him to have a bit of respect. unfortunately he has failed in that & I am glad to see the back of him.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 pm

It needs a new revolution. I am seriously interested in seeing who would be interested in starting a targeted, legal fans focus group, to discuss viable alternatives etc.

benbo85

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
stafflers wrote:

I agree.

There's a difference between us telling him to sling his hook (which I wouldn't have wanted) and him telling us that he wants to leave. Based on the fact that he's prepared to throw away two years of cash to leave and his ambition there are only two realistic scenarios here:

(a) He's got a better job lined up elsewhere already. At this stage of the season that seems unlikely to me.
(b) Staying at WFC is going to do more harm than good to his career. Surely that means no funds for a credible challenge next season.

If anyone can come up with an alternative scenario for DD passing on two years worth of salary then I'd be interested to hear it. But at the moment the balance of probabilities has shifted very strongly into the "not investing next season" camp. :cry: :cry:

i agree with this, but ask yourself why it is going to do more harm than good, you've answered your own question

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:31 pm

benbo85 wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
stafflers wrote:

I agree.

i agree with this, but ask yourself why it is going to do more harm than good, you've answered your own question

Errr, yeah. It was something of a rhetorical question... :wink:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:It needs a new revolution. I am seriously interested in seeing who would be interested in starting a targeted, legal fans focus group, to discuss viable alternatives etc.

You make me smile young Darren - go listen to some of your loud music an get rid of your anger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:It needs a new revolution. I am seriously interested in seeing who would be interested in starting a targeted, legal fans focus group, to discuss viable alternatives etc.

You make me smile young Darren - go listen to some of your loud music an get rid of your anger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

I have got Nile on at the moment, and the song: Black Seeds of Vengeance on atm! :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

geoff skillet
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:37 pm

he may well have interest from elsewhere, but the latter is certainly true anyway. there has been no achievement this season. jeff bonser chose to let us whimper out of a promotion challenge. no "miracles". no "remarkable success". just failure. we've been let down terribly. and richard money is just a pawn in that game with delusions that he's a miracle worker.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:Not in the least bit shocked. Listed to him on WM this morning and he sounded completely disillusioned to be honest. Stabbed in the back by the owner,

………who sold his star players from under him.

………In the same way as he ordered Merson to clear out Jorge, Fryatt, Ziggy et al, and then didn’t have the guts to sack him.

………In the same way as he ordered Colin Lee not to play Paul Ritchie.

………In the same way as he gobbed off about Colin Lee, until he (Bonser)settled out of court

………In the same way he promised us a strike force to be proud of.

………In the same way as ITV digital wouldn’t effect us, but rather strangely did, for years, and years.

And on, and on, and on…..

Gutless, greedy little man.

You're wrong there. Jorge especially was down to Merson. Merson admitted that.

Ian Gittins

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I would guess that there are two reasons Money has gone. One is clearly, as everybody has stated, the unwillingness of the chairman to invest adequately in the playing side of the club. The other is the failure of many of our fans to be supporters, and their preference for slagging off a manager who won us a title and nearly got us into a play-off zone in his two years in charge. Sadly, they are the same people who lambasted Colin Lee and helped him to get disillusioned with this club, and chances are they will do the same with the next decent manager we get, because they are serial whingers who know no better and whose glass is perennially half-empty. It may not be the end of the world, if we can hold on to Mullen and get a Kinsella or David Kelly figure in, but right now, it's very bad news, particularly as regards future levels of intended non-investment in the club.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:41 pm

Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:

:mrgreen:

I have got Nile on at the moment, and the song: Black Seeds of Vengeance on at the moment! :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm incredibly indie nowadays but what an album!!!

(completely off topic sorry)!

ShropsSaddler
Glitterati

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm surprised to see people doubting that Mr Money has another job lined up.

All the comments on here may, in the end, look rather stupid if he suddenly surfaces within the next couple of weeks at Coventry/Wolves/other, having planned it all along. Don't doubt the FACT that Mr Money is both ambitious and a sly operator. He'll know where he's going next or, at the very least, have made a few contacts in advance of going into a "showdown" meeting with the chairman. We still don't KNOW that Mr Bonser isn't giving the club a good playing budget to work with next season and until we hear that, we shouldn't just leap to conclusions.

I'm certainly not defending our esteemed owner from a lot of the criticism thrown at him but I STILL say WE DON'T YET KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. We're speculating. Talks of "getting together focus groups" are ridiculous. If you've got any credibility, don't get together a focus group, get together your money and buy Mr Bonser out. Are you going to? I thought not. And even if you do do that, are you going to then "put your hand in your pocket" to buy players? Nope, thought not.

Football is a "fairytale" to us supporters, and we'd all like to see our club "really go for it" and buy some quality players. But the reality is that on crowds of <5,000, we just can't sustain that and, in the long run, if Mr Bonser takes the money from Dann and Fox and uses it to pay off his loans and exit the club, won't you all think it was worth it?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:43 pm

ShropsSaddler wrote:I'm surprised to see people doubting that Mr Money has another job lined up.

All the comments on here may, in the end, look rather stupid if he suddenly surfaces within the next couple of weeks at Coventry/Wolves/other, having planned it all along. Don't doubt the FACT that Mr Money is both ambitious and a sly operator. He'll know where he's going next or, at the very least, have made a few contacts in advance of going into a "showdown" meeting with the chairman. We still don't KNOW that Mr Bonser isn't giving the club a good playing budget to work with next season and until we hear that, we shouldn't just leap to conclusions.

I'm certainly not defending our esteemed owner from a lot of the criticism thrown at him but I STILL say WE DON'T YET KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. We're speculating. Talks of "getting together focus groups" are ridiculous. If you've got any credibility, don't get together a focus group, get together your money and buy Mr Bonser out. Are you going to? I thought not. And even if you do do that, are you going to then "put your hand in your pocket" to buy players? Nope, thought not.

Football is a "fairytale" to us supporters, and we'd all like to see our club "really go for it" and buy some quality players. But the reality is that on crowds of <5,000, we just can't sustain that and, in the long run, if Mr Bonser takes the money from Dann and Fox and uses it to pay off his loans and exit the club, won't you all think it was worth it?

Yes I generally have 8 Million quid floating around in my back pocket.

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then