Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

CHAMPIONS

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
PerStener
UTS Veteran

Sat May 05, 2007 8:52 pm

what a great evening... I reeally would have want to watch this live... Since the World commentary didn't work I was stucked to live text updates.

But who cares. we are the champions!!!!

I should have bought some beer :roll: :x

Atomic Rooster
UTS Veteran

Sat May 05, 2007 8:53 pm

I am on cloud 9 proud to be a saddler and now its pay back time on the grief ive been getting the last 2 years

RED 5
UTS Veteran

Location: CHEADLE HULME,CHEADLE ROYAL OR CHEADLE TOWN OR CHEADLE WITH A C

Sat May 05, 2007 8:53 pm

Well done boys!

We are the Champions! :D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat May 05, 2007 8:54 pm

I still don't think it's sunk in, I got Handsworth saddler to show me the league on her phone to make sure.

35 years and for the first time I can say

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

Atomic Rooster
UTS Veteran

Sat May 05, 2007 8:59 pm

I said i was going to enjoy the game and don't care if we didn't win the title HOW WRONG i went through every emotion at the game and god now it feels good

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 9:02 pm

deanonev69 wrote:At home at long last!!!

Did you go on the M4?

Tony Hayers

Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 pm

All these celebrations, you'd think we'd won the league or something........

I can't wait for the game, just listening to SaddlersWorld now, waiting for the live streaming commentary! Its gonna be a cracker! Come on the lads!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sat May 05, 2007 9:05 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:At home at long last!!!

Did you go on the M4?

No-on the train! Popped into Swindon for a couple whilst waited and was racially discriminated against-pubs wouldn't let Walsall in!!! :evil:

SWS1

Sat May 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Dickie Dosh walks on water!
Oh, yes he does!!! :D :D :D :D

Fish
UTS Veteran

Sat May 05, 2007 11:10 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
aldridge steve wrote:Terrible game - I don't care - FANTASTIC WINNER which really started the atmosphere. Hated whoever started the rumour about Hartlepool the first time - but all came good in the end. BTW - who has my banana?

Yep! The Hartlepool rumour was annoying - it seemed to start behind us in the Arkle stand ... but I think the chear was actually for MK Dongs going 2-1 up (which made no sence anyway :? )

But all came good in the end - great day!!!

Yeah, three t*ssers in the row behind me started the rumour and got everyone going. They thought it was really funny. Showed very little repsect for the rest of us and the team

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat May 05, 2007 11:46 pm

The rumour got to the Swindon commentary box! nsubstantiated but they repeated it on air - had me checking livescore and BBC frantically for a few minutes.

Just got up and had breakfast - euphoric would be an understatement to describe how I feel. Got me Walsall shirt on and I'm going to look very smug going to the shops later.

I'm still annoyed at PTV and Saddlersworld though. Biggest game ever in the short history of their coverage contract and they balls it up. Useless cocktwangers. Still, managed to get second half via Swindon, which gave the match a certain perspective, and couldn't have asked for a better finish, with Gas starting the ball rolling and Keates putting the icing on the cake. The action in the last few minutes more than made up for the internet silence of the first half.

Drunken Saddler

Sun May 06, 2007 3:13 am

COME ON!

Blind Drunk, and the Night is young!!

Congratulations DD and the players!!

UTS

Duke
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 am

Has it sunk in yet

2006/07 Coca - Cola Football League 2 Champions . WALSALL
:D I Don't think i'll ever come down off this cloud .

Stephen

Sun May 06, 2007 8:09 am

Walsall shouldn't even be there.

Glad Walsall are out of that shíthole division now.

Bring on Leeds :twisted:

And Luton, with there lovely entreance to the away stand :D

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun May 06, 2007 8:58 am

Its the next day and I have a sore throat and a sore head - but it seems like the best Sunday for a long long time.

Yesterday was great from start to finish and dispite all of the 'no pressure - we are already up' talk the title DID matter ... and now we have it.

Dean Keates - your name is up there with the Walsall greats - maybe you will have a stand named after you :wink:

DD - thank you for being the opposite of PM is EVERY way! Thank you for sticking to what you knew was going to get us up! Thank you for giving us our Walsall back

Oh Happy Day!

PT
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2007 9:01 am

Another great day.

Magic to spend it with my dad and his mate who now have two chamionship medals.

I was sat right behind Deano's effort and knew where it was headed and knew the keeper wouldn't get there as soon as he hit it. A moment in time I'll never forget.

Supporting walsall feels like hard work at times but days like yesterday and at Notts Co make it all absolutely worthwhile.

Up The Saddlers

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 am

Another Brilliant away day, another pretty dull away performance, but who cares we are champions [Thanks Ricky Lambert!] and the post match party was great fun!

I had mates up and down the country watching our results for me, and as soon as Bristol scored their winner, so many texts came through I couldn't begin to open the first one! when I did, I'd got texts from Luton, Chester, Sunderland, Liverpool, Manchester and Bristol saying Bristol had scored and we'd won the title!!!! :D :D :D :D :D It's days like this that go down as legendary!

Glitterati

Sun May 06, 2007 9:25 am

Absolutely fantastic day.

That rumour that Bristol Rovers had scored was evil, but lucky it happened in the end.

Nearly every manager this season has said that they don't know why we are doing so well and that their team played so much better, let what we've done be a lesson to them. It hasn't been pretty but boy, oh boy, has it been effective.

UP THE SADDLERS

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sun May 06, 2007 9:34 am

I dont think Ive posted on this thread yet so here goes.

May I thank Dicky from the bottom of my heart for bringing the most memorable day in the history of my life of supporting Walsall!

Lets hope we can keep this bloke for many years to come, he is something special.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2007 9:41 am

5th May 2007

A date that will make me smile for as long as I live!
Pure class! The day we became........

CHAMPIONS!

sean511
UTS Regular

Sun May 06, 2007 9:51 am

What a great day out that was! It will live love in the memory.

CHAMPIONS

UTS

no6bus

Sun May 06, 2007 10:05 am

renegade-saddler wrote:watch all the pool fans be quiet now.........

IF YOUR READING THIS.....THAT TROPHY BELONGS AT BESCOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

no we will be here for the foreseeable future now.
by the way congrats at least we made it go down to the last day despite giving you an 18 point head start.

see you next season
where shall we meet

i know how about league 1 :D

handsworth saddler

Sun May 06, 2007 10:06 am

I've not long woken up and keep looking at the table just to make sure :lol:
All seems like a dream but keep think no i was there, just amazing!!!
Spoke to my Dad who remembers our first title, but he wasn't there yesterday :cry:
I'm to buy the paper and i'm going to cut the table out and stick it to the wall!!!
Thank you so much to WFC, the players, all the other staff and of course Sir Richard Money job done and roll on next season :D
Great cheering the players as they left the ground 8)
Also like to thank all the guys i've met through here especially Kiansmom and Saddler4life.
oh and......

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Sun May 06, 2007 10:20 am

What a fantastic day. I still can't look at the pics, watch the vids or even type a txt about it without filling up :oops: :oops:

I would'nt swap these feelings for anything else in the world though :D :D :D :D

Thank you Walsall Fc .....UP THE SADDLERS

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun May 06, 2007 10:26 am

I knew ive said all season that we would go up as champions and now its happened im overjoyed
Walsall fc are champions

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sun May 06, 2007 10:27 am

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am

WALSALL FC ARE CHAMPIONS

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2007 10:34 am

I cannot believe it!

We had our wednesbury based party last night in the Queens Head and the Oss n Jockey, so a big thankyou to everyone who was there!

It was awesome!

Im still in shock, hasnt sunk in at all! What an amazing moment, like I was saying it to everyone at the time, You could not begin to write a better script, Brizzle to score 4 minutes from the end, and us to score in last minute, with a screamer from Keates!

Cant believe it, it seems surreal.

I love walsall fc. That was my last game til November, 6 months!

I love Walsall!

Barren Flak
UTS Veteran

Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 am

What a day, and a wonderful way to celebrate my 30th Birthday.

Was disappointed with the lack of anti-franchise chanting but you can't have it all

The Might Red machine rolls on, well done to the super saddlers and all the supporters who have followed them everywhere this year :D :D :D

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2007 10:56 am

To win the title is very special, but boy is our football turgid at times. Keates goal - an absolute beauty totally out of keeping with the performance, but who cares? So many positives on the day. Great to see so many Saddlers there.

Thumbs down to the person who started the false rumour - it reminded me of the Rotherham game - but as I had a Gas fan relaying the score I tried to ignore it. It's remarkable how people just believe what they are told, when they want something to be true. Hard to tell with our performance, but it may have put the team off for a while.

Hungover and happy. The first title-winning season in my lifetime. And as 'Borat' put it on the day: CHAMPIONS - I LIKE.

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then