Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

CHAMPIONS

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 4:29 pm

Where's WM when you need them (online)?

I was hoping to hear some reaction to the fact we are champions,
but all I get is a recorded message.

I suppose they've got live commentary of the Villa, which they can't
broadcast to my neck of the world. On the other hand, the (Villa) game
is live on TV here in HK. 0-0 at the moment, but I don't want to watch that.

I want to know about WFC - CHAMPIONS!!!

Anyway, looks like there'll be a Hong Kong Saddlers Title Celebration!
(Haven't had many of those!)

SPUDNIK SADDLER

Cant wait until Tuesday night, its going to be fantastic. See you all there.

Duke
Site Addict

Exile wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Thanks, Exile, that picture of the trophy looks good on the front page!

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... ll-party-t ime/

The best front page ever , thanks Neil , thanks Exile UTS

Found that photo posted by a Carlisle fan on one of the Pools sites, captioned "Official Handover". How I chuckled.

Its all ours :lol:

SPUDNIK SADDLER

Sat May 05, 2007 4:32 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:
Exile wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Thanks, Exile, that picture of the trophy looks good on the front page!

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... ll-party-t ime/

The best front page ever , thanks Neil , thanks Exile UTS

Found that photo posted by a Carlisle fan on one of the Pools sites, captioned "Official Handover". How I chuckled.

Its all ours :lol:

Its coming home, its coming, the trophy is coming home to Walsall!!!! BOOOOOO YAAAHHH!!!

Saddler Sue

Sat May 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Fantastic effort from the boys today, tops off a very entertaining season.

renegade-saddler
UTS Regular

Sat May 05, 2007 4:33 pm

watch all the pool fans be quiet now.........

IF YOUR READING THIS.....THAT TROPHY BELONGS AT BESCOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Diehard

Sat May 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Well done the lads. Fantastic effort, although left sweating all afternoon - was this through WM's coverage? Season ticket holder & frequent away match supporter, but had to miss this one through illness. But I was at Notts and will be there Tuesday evening. Bring it on!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Sat May 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Fantastic news. My hangover will be terrible to behold now. Good we drew as well. Brilliant. Checked my phone for the score all evening and jumped up in the pub and no one knew why. Alcoholic mist will now descend. If I post later, I apologise in advance for my incoherence.

Congrats to Pool and Swindon on being promoted, but sod everyone, we are the champions!

Daventry Saddler

Sat May 05, 2007 4:39 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
CONGRATLATIONS TO THE SUPER SADDLERS - WALSALL FC
CHAMPIONS
I AM NOT ASHAMED TO SAY I SHED TEARS WHEN I HEARD THE FINAL WHISTLE GO
ENJOY THE MOMENT BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAPPEN VERY OFTEN
A PROUD SADDLER
FANTASTIC MOMENT
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Duke
Site Addict

Sat May 05, 2007 4:52 pm

Thank you Sir DickyImage

red until im dead

Sat May 05, 2007 4:53 pm

I am very proud of what the team has achieved.
Just seen the Keates goal......................SCORCHER..........

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Sat May 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Dicky sent off for over protesting a throw in: he cares!

Good that Boston went down.

Hopefully the Dons miss out on the play offs.

But what the f... we're champions

IT'S OURS!

And the scotch tastes even better than usual, but slips down like a soft drink. The bottle will be empty soon, and I only opened it an hour ago. Glad I've got another one :wink:

colcfa

Sat May 05, 2007 5:04 pm

:D :D :D I'm so happy I might even kiss the :twisted: M-I-L when she goes home later tonight.
I've been listening all afternoon it sounded like a typical saddlers away performance, you arrive as a guest and stamp on their foot just as you're about to leave.
Brilliant.
Can't wait until next season.

gray
Glitterati

Sat May 05, 2007 5:26 pm

what a great way to see the season out. I've got a headache from stressing so much about it. Can't wait to see the trophy in the player's hands. Deano proved why he is player of the season.

Well done to all at the club! :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 05, 2007 5:27 pm

CONGRATULATIONS LADS!!!!!!!!!!

This is FANTASTIC!! In my time supporting Walsall we've never ever finished top of the league. And I predicted this at the start of the season :lol: :lol:

Thanks for a truly marvellous season, getting us out of this dreadful division losing only a handful of games.

Richard Money I salute you sir.

Onwards and upwards.

COME ON YOU SADDLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPUDNIK SADDLER

Sat May 05, 2007 5:43 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:CONGRATULATIONS LADS!!!!!!!!!!

This is FANTASTIC!! In my time supporting Walsall we've never ever finished top of the league. And I predicted this at the start of the season :lol: :lol:

Thanks for a truly marvellous season, getting us out of this dreadful division losing only a handful of games.

Richard Money I salute you sir.

Onwards and upwards.

COME ON YOU SADDLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the begining of the season had a 2 quid bet that we would finish champions - just collected 26 quid!! WELL DONE MI BABIES!!!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat May 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Terrible game - I don't care - FANTASTIC WINNER which really started the atmosphere. Hated whoever started the rumour about Hartlepool the first time - but all came good in the end. BTW - who has my banana?

UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 5:47 pm

HKSaddler wrote:Dicky sent off for over protesting a throw in: he cares!

Good that Boston went down.

Hopefully the Dons miss out on the play offs.

But what the f... we're champions

IT'S OURS!

And the scotch tastes even better than usual, but slips down like a soft drink. The bottle will be empty soon, and I only opened it an hour ago. Glad I've got another one :wink:

Take it easy. You've got the Hong Kong Saddlers Champions (!!!) Celebrations to come.

geoff skillet
UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 6:03 pm

great news. delighted it was Keates that got the title clinching goal too, im pleased for him.

going up was always the main aim, to repair at least part of the damage which bonser allowed merson to inflict on our beloved football club, but to have clinched the title in the process is wonderful.

i was born in '74, so the previous title was well before my days as a saddler.

thanks to RM and the players. looking forward to next season.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:.

sack

Sat May 05, 2007 6:14 pm

It's official we are the best.

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat May 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Got the results from my Dad on the phone whilst in Hawkstone Park. He saw the last time we won the Championship. If anything it will be that generational synchronicity that will make me cry. Still sinking in, I thought we'd blown it against Bury - but in the end we came strong when it was needed, and Hartlepool blew up. Sorry for them because it must hurt and they've proved to be a decent bunch this season. Swindon fans are whinging that they should have beaten us - anyone heard that tune before?

Absolutely chuffed that Boston are relegated - a nastier bunch of cheating, fraudulent, clogging scum would be hard to imagine. That just about makes up for that 'performance' at our place - I've never been angrier at a football match. Also glad that Franchise are reduced to the play offs, where I hope one of the other three teams tonks them - Shrewsbury have first crack at that pleasure? My money would be on Bristol Rovers - and I'd rather like to see the Gas come up with us. But frankly anyone so long as it isn't the filthy franchise.

UTS - what a season!

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 7:17 pm

It was a poor game, but what a finish! For 80 minutes it looked like we were going to let it slip without a fight. Then we woke up - although really we owe a huge debt of thanks to Bristol Rovers for the way things played out today. Keatesy's goal was a beautiful cherry on a very tasty cake, but by that time the party was already in full swing. Great celebrations at the end - will be absolutely fantastic to see DD get his hands on that silverware. He, more than anyone, deserves it. After its all been played out, I say the top three in this division are as it should be. Congrats to our fellow promoted sides, but its our name on the trophy and that makes me a very happy Saddler!

toffo
UTS Regular

Sat May 05, 2007 7:21 pm

Yes we did it!!!!!!............. nice touch to see all the players stop off at the Air Balloon pub on the way back.
They made plenty of time for everybody for autographs and photos and beer.
Well done to all

pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Sat May 05, 2007 7:40 pm

COME ON !!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!
What a day out we didnt play well and their stand was a dump but who cares CHAMPIONES CHAMPIONES OLE OLE OLE

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Sat May 05, 2007 7:44 pm

Today is one of those days that makes being a football supporter worthwhile. We can take a good many mediocre seasons if we think we can have days like this. What a day.

Thank you to everyone at Walsall FC

Stourbridge_Andy

Sat May 05, 2007 8:07 pm

And the backing we gave them was truly superb.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat May 05, 2007 8:11 pm

aldridge steve wrote:Terrible game - I don't care - FANTASTIC WINNER which really started the atmosphere. Hated whoever started the rumour about Hartlepool the first time - but all came good in the end. BTW - who has my banana?

Yep! The Hartlepool rumour was annoying - it seemed to start behind us in the Arkle stand ... but I think the chear was actually for MK Dongs going 2-1 up (which made no sence anyway :? )

But all came good in the end - great day!!!

Pershore Saddler & So

Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Very proud to have been a part of it all today. Not the best game but, heck, who cares?

All the more amazing when you consider how we were all feeling this time last year!

Up the Saddlers

m&m
Glitterati

Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 pm

4o years old and never seen us win anything.So very proud tonight.What time did the players get to the Air Baloon Pub?We stopped off there for a quick one and left at about 6.30.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sat May 05, 2007 8:50 pm

At home at long last!!

Performance was not good but who cares!!! We are the Champions!!!

Thanks to all at WFC!!!

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then