Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/3/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
thickkearns
UTS Veteran

Re: Swindon Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/3/11.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 pm

thought it was miles better than under dogface away .... swindon played well in the last five minutes , apart from douglas effort just after the break.. for me Butler and Lancashire were solid again . fair play to dogface, Butler is the signing of the season for me.
must say I wouldn't want to upset that new french bloke ...he looks more like a boxer than a footballer !!!!good player though on that evidence.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:You were there, weren't you? :)

i was indeed, swaying from side to side by the pool table trying to get songs started :)

Did you have a red shirt on with "I love Bonser" on it :wink:

If so, I spoke to you when I came in. You were sitting on the leather sofa. I was with my son (long blond hair) and SWS1

Ah.. I also know who you are now. Charming T Shirt!

Thanks, hope it didn't upset to many people,
No point acting like a lot of people don't think the same anyway,

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:

i was indeed, swaying from side to side by the pool table trying to get songs started :)

If so, I spoke to you when I came in. You were sitting on the leather sofa. I was with my son (long blond hair) and SWS1

My lad said to me "I bet he didn't buy that in the club shop" :D I replied that if Bonser thought he could make a few quid selling them you might see them advertised next week :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Swindon Town (A) League 1 Saturday 5/3/11.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:35 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:

I'll be honest and say I wasn't keen on my ten year-old spending much time in your vicinity in that T-shirt.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:

My lad said to me "I bet he didn't buy that in the club shop" :D I replied that if Bonser thought he could make a few quid selling them you might see them advertised next week :D

Haha very true, I was thinking about having f**k , but wasnt sure my friend had * to put on tops and it was a last minute job so just had the real deal :)

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Understand kc , i did get to the back of the stand with the grown ups , I would of felt guilty if I was infront of a youngster.

Had a lot of people have good reactions to it, no one looked. At me funny and no one said anything negative, but I understand , to some it wouldn't of been there cup of tea

SWS1

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:03 pm

chestersaddler wrote:I agree with you about Ledesma, Steve. Generally, he used the ball well, but was not in the game enough for me.

I agree with Chester but I felt that, on occasion, Leddie could have used the ball a bit better - mainly with a more simple pass, rather than carrying on trying to bamboozle the full back (which he was quite capable of doing). He's very comfortable on the ball and will be an asset with a bit of expert coaching from the star Walsall team of coaches.
:D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

brummie saddler wrote:Understand kc , i did get to the back of the stand with the grown ups , I would of felt guilty if I was infront of a youngster.

Had a lot of people have good reactions to it, no one looked. At me funny and no one said anything negative, but I understand , to some it wouldn't of been there cup of tea

loved it, waiting to see the pic I had taken with :mrgreen:

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:Understand kc , i did get to the back of the stand with the grown ups , I would of felt guilty if I was infront of a youngster.

loved it, waiting to see the pic I had taken with :mrgreen:

haha me too, i had abit of a headache, was "on it" from 10 on sat morning till 3 the next morning :mrgreen:

Whitters
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:20 am

pco_walsall wrote:Byfield: Still isn't up to match fitness or sharpness and gave the ball away a couple of times

I just watched a recording of the Liverpool v United game and football's most expensive Englishman - Andy Caroll - looked like that too.
It's to be expected.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:53 am

King Crimson wrote:I'll be honest and say I wasn't keen on my ten year-old spending much time in your vicinity in that T-shirt.

I agree - wouldn't have wanted to explain it away to a youngster. As well as bespoke designs... it seems shops sell this kind of thing anyway now (not about Bonser!. No getting away from it. I understand the sentiment, but not my cup of tea.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:54 am

Whitti Steve wrote:
King Crimson wrote:I'll be honest and say I wasn't keen on my ten year-old spending much time in your vicinity in that T-shirt.

I agree - wouldn't have wanted to explain it away to a youngster. As well as bespoke designs... it seems shops sell this kind of thing anyway now (not about Bonser!. No getting away from it. I understand the sentiment, but not my cup of tea.

The "youngster" with me on that day just smirked... but my youngest had he been there would probably have read it out loud.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Wyrley_saddler wrote:Our fans at Swindon

I obviously took the opportunity for a Kodak moment.
Why wasn't I watching the game?! Haha!

My schnurrbart is certainly looking the part though!

Percie
Glitterati

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Bloody hell! Look at how much hair I ain't got!

SWS1

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:43 pm

The video clips of us at Swindon on the BBC really do make it appear as though we never got a look-in, attack-wise. I thought we had a few more chances and half chances than that but, Hey! we got our point. I'd settle for the same tonight but would be thrilled if we got 3... :shock:

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season