Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (A) League 1 Wednesday 2/2/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Notts County (A) League 1 Wednesday 2/2/11.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:36 am

Is that Richard Taundry local lad?

At least Alex Nicholls, local lad, accidently manages to score occasionally.

Good result last night, need wins but reading reports its seems a draw was a good result. UTS

Over The Moon
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

tinned wrote:
m&m wrote:Bonser has made our survival almost impossible tough with his misguided support of Hutch!

Oh yes, the ONLY person I'll be blaming once the near inevitable is reached is the one and only Mr Bonser.

I hope at that time many Walsall fans will also join me in making that feeling very clear.

Yes the Bonser Hutch love in which lasted two months longer than it should have done, will probably cost us in the end but you never know.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Thought it was a fair result. We did well the first but then fell apart a bit in the second.

Cracking through ball by Richards O'Brien for the goal.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

notts123 wrote:Well battled today for the point although I really don't think you deserve it, Notts looked laggy all through the game when we passed the ball we ripped you wide open down the wings and got in behind your defence 6/7 times during the first half, Hughes missed a 3 yard sitter, Westcarr the same. I have to say I have no idea what your goalkeeper was moaning about when he got booked he was clearly 4/5 metres ahead of where the free kick should of been taken from and then had a go at the ref and threw the ball even further forward!! I didn't think either team played well. First 10-15 mins you looked quite dangerous coming forward Notts made a couple of silly mistakes to gift you some half chances. Your keeper made a cracking save from a Hughes shot about 25 yards near the end but your defence did look vulnerable. Haven't seen a clear view of the goal but looks like it was some slack goalkeeping gifted it but they all count. Well done!

You had more than enough chances, a couple of which seem like sitters by the reports, to go 2 or 3 goals ahead. You missed tem chances. We had one clear cut chance and took it.

So in my eyes, we deserve the point even if you had more of the ball.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Must admit the ref was not very good to be honest.

Allowing things to be called back for throws and whats going on with the multiball system two balls on the pitch twice and the ref give two different outcomes. Retake the throw in to them and gives us a drop ball when it happened to us.

Bit of a cheap shot really in stopping multiball when county took the lead when the pressure was on us to equallise so for that reason i feel we deserved the point. Not sure on the rules but surely if you start with multiball then you should finish with it!

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Rich Evans wrote:Must admit the ref was not very good to be honest.

Allowing things to be called back for throws and whats going on with the multiball system two balls on the pitch twice and the ref give two different outcomes. Retake the throw in to them and gives us a drop ball when it happened to us.

Bit of a cheap shot really in stopping multiball when county took the lead when the pressure was on us to equallise so for that reason i feel we deserved the point. Not sure on the rules but surely if you start with multiball then you should finish with it!

true, unless the referee says otherwise

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Rich Evans wrote:Must admit the ref was not very good to be honest.

I agree, as time got closer they collected up all the extra balls... cheats!

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Deano_Saddler wrote:Notts County 0-1 Walsall Nicholls.

Well done Deano_saddler almost spot on.

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season