Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Exeter City (A) League 1 Saturday 22/1/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
Stu
UTS Legend

Re: Exeter City (A) League 1 Saturday 22/1/11.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am

tinned wrote:I still say the club have muddled this and opted for some pointless middle ground. They should either have appointed a more experienced manager from te pool of applications or backed Smith with a contract until the end of next season. This current situation is pointless.

Couldn't agree more... Trouble is, for me that message is sent out to all involved with the clubs, it really is "Let's give Smith the job, we've not entirely confident he is the right man or best person though, so let's make it 6 months"... There is Gamble telling us it is the best decision for the club.

Unless, of course, the decision is made and a new bloke can't start till July due to contracts, not wanting relegation on CV etc, in which case, the club are effectively accepting relegation now.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 am

I agree that Ganble has lost a lot of the credibility he appeared to have earned. I still can't get my head round the decision and the manner in which it has been done. We are hemorraging goals at an alarming rate and unless this is sorted out from Tuesday onwards we are down.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 am

OK, we are probably down but i really enjoyed watching us yesterday, created plenty and should have got at least a draw out of the match....... Loving the "terrible" and "rubbish" comments from the people who weren't there. players got clapped off at the end and they deserved it for their effort. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it.

Where's that Deeney fellow? BTW..... any chance of a loan back till the end of the season? With someone like him on the pitch I GUARENTEE we would og hafd 3 points yesterday.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Cheesebag wrote:OK, we are probably down but i really enjoyed watching us yesterday, created plenty and should have got at least a draw out of the match....... Loving the "terrible" and "rubbish" comments from the people who weren't there. players got clapped off at the end and they deserved it for their effort. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it.

Where's that Deeney fellow? BTW..... any chance of a loan back till the end of the season? With someone like him on the pitch I GUARENTEE we would og hafd 3 points yesterday.

That is not my definition of a happy clapper, so dont worry Cheese, you have got away with that one! :wink:

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Cheesebag wrote:OK, we are probably down but i really enjoyed watching us yesterday, created plenty and should have got at least a draw out of the match....... Loving the "terrible" and "rubbish" comments from the people who weren't there. players got clapped off at the end and they deserved it for their effort. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it.

Think that's the first time I have seen Deeney's name mentioned this season. It must show that we are improving as an attacking force. It's a shame our defending is still rubbish.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
HKSaddler wrote:
But that's how a couple of your posts come across. Walsall lost, I'm right, na na na nah na. I'm glad to hear you're not happy we lost.

No, thats how YOU think they come across.
People like you make me sick, the only pathetic post you can come up with is I am happy we lost.
Just because week after week after week, I am being proved right.
Smith is useless and will never make a manager.

CLUELESS

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 pm

:mrgreen:

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 am

want a slice Sheff???

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Thu May 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Remember boys, Sheff has forgotten more about Walsall than you will ever know.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 pm

I also wonder if ShefFACT Saddler :roll: TM considers if dagenham are 'in the equation' yet?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I also wonder if ShefFACT Saddler :roll: TM considers if dagenham are 'in the equation' yet?

The barclays has gone quiet

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Exeter City (A) League 1 Saturday 22/1/11.

Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 am

latviancheese wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:I also wonder if ShefFACT Saddler :roll: TM considers if dagenham are 'in the equation' yet?

The winner has gone quiet

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 pm

King Crimson wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

The winner has gone quiet

" :roll: "

:D :wink:

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season