Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Peterborough United (A) League 1 Monday 3/1/11.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Re: Peterborough United (A) League 1 Monday 3/1/11.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:22 pm

our club is in a coma to be honest

what we need is someone familiar to talk to it and hope it recognises the voice to try and wake it up.

maybe a chris nicholl or a ray graydon or dicky dosh to come back and give it kiss of life.

ps laughing at charlton fans shouting what a load of rubbish and booing now where are thet in the league again???!!!!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Duke wrote:
kshammer wrote:All over... the match and the season.

A defeat at Tranmere on saturday and our season will be well and truly over.

Erm... I think it was over weeks ago. Is there anyone who seriously thinks we can get out of the relegation zone now?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 pm

If you want Hutchings sacked, email [email protected] and tell him so. Do it NOW! It'll take you two minutes and could well mean he is sacked tomorrow.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 pm

From the official club site, our managers pearls of wisdom...

"I know what the players can do; we have to maintain the faith, keep believing and get ready to go again in the next game."

1. I also know what the players can do... unfortunately it is not enough.
2. Noone believes... especially not the players and especially not in you Chris.
3. Get ready to go... you have said this every week since aqbout September. You really are a complete joke.

bush360
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 pm

CH stated Reid is on his way back to WBA as his contract expires this summer and they want to see if there are any offers for him

Perhaps a free swap for Nicholls, again listening to WM Nicholls had three 'one' on 'ones', now why am I surprised he did not score, he does not shift the ball, bog standard striker, is now set for non-league obscuity along with the rest of the team

Div 2 next year boys, but not wil me watching

Racing at Wton superb free entry 4 winners bonus

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm

kshammer wrote:From the official club site, our managers pearls of wisdom...

"I know what the players can do; we have to maintain the faith, keep believing and get ready to go again in the next game."

1. I also know what the players can do... unfortunately it is not enough.
2. Noone believes... especially not the players and especially not in you Chris.
3. Get ready to go... you have said this every week since aqbout September. You really are a complete joke.

I suspect it has been copied and pasted from any of the other matches we have lost this season. Content managed website made easy :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Duke wrote:

I normally make that trip each season as it is'just down the road' but not sure if I will bother next week, particularly if his royal crapness is still in charge. Only reason I might go is to see if there are a few NUTs in the crowd to catch up with!

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,,10428~2257226,00.html

It doesn't matter if you take your chance or not Chris, not if you let in four goals, pathetic and clueless!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:54 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:our club is in a coma to be honest

what we need is someone familiar to talk to it and hope it recognises the voice to try and wake it up.

maybe a chris nicholl or a ray graydon or dicky dosh to come back and give it kiss of life.

ps laughing at charlton fans shouting what a load of rubbish and booing now where are thet in the league again???!!!!

Watching Swindon stuffing Charlton makes me think that our win there was possibly overrated.

pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Just got back from a very cold Peterborough!

To be fair, we played really well for the first 35/40 minutes, we looked comfortable and could of been 3-0 up. But Somehow at half-time it seems Hutchings' team talk has demotivated the side, we looked a completely different side in the second half. I'm sorry but if he doesn't get sacked/ resign after this it's a disgrace.

Hutchings out!

cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm

yoda wrote:Apparently theres 'big ruben reid news' coming out tomorrow. Can hardly wait..

I wonder, will that be the weekly interview with a player saying that 'theres a positive mood around the place', 'impressed with the training ground', 'we've been working hard this week', 'good bunch of lads', 'were all behind the manager' etc?

Seriously though, he HAS to go now, even after the past 3 months of saying this, were rock bottom, lost 3-0 and 4-1 the last two games, dwindling crowds (even for us), not a lot of hope left even if we did have a new manager. If you look at some of the players weve had in recent years our team doesnt look too bad (on paper, anyway). Get him out and get an expirienced guy in who knows the league and can hopefully pull us out of this, or at least put up some kind of fight.

On a brighter note, at least theres more northern away games to go to next year in league two...Bury, Morecambe, Accrington, Crewe, Rotherham, Bradford, Macclesfield, Stockport, Fleetwood are in the conference play off places.. :)

Onwards and Upwards...hopefully!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 pm

cumbria-saddler wrote:On a brighter note, at least theres more northern away games to go to next year in league two...Bury, Morecambe, Accrington, Crewe, Rotherham, Bradford, Macclesfield, Stockport, Fleetwood are in the conference play off places.. :)

Normally that would bring a small smile to my face as it would mean more 'local' trips for me too, but would you go to these games if Hutchings was still in charge? It would be equally as depressing in League Two, just against worse teams. :?

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm

tinned wrote:I won't be going, I won't be listening on the radio, I will probably even forget we're playing.

Thankyou Walsall FC for killing my love of the club :evil:

My best predicition of the season. Until Over The Moon text me at ten past 5 I had TOTALLY forgot all about our game. Never have my interest levels been so low. Please someone, save our club before it disappears off our radars for ever.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Well, to say the win at Charlton was a false dawn is an understatement. Not sure where we go from here, but I think it will get worse before it gets better.

A big 'well done' must go to the Board for their ability to stand up to Mr Cyprus - gutless one and all.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 pm

pco_walsall wrote:To be fair, we played really well for the first 35/40 minutes, we looked comfortable and could of been 3-0 up.

But 'to be fair' he also selected a striker who averages a goal every 13 games. With three golden chances falling to him, we did well to get one goal out of him.

How many chances does Alex Nicholls need before someone realises he's not a football league striker?
A couple of years back, he told any media who wanted to listen that he was a striker who hadn't reached his potential as he kept being played on the wing? Why is that, I ask? Because he carries the goalscoring threat of a slug.

I was just listening to WM when they spoke about Villa and their experienced players stepping up to the plate at Stamford Bridge at the weekend. Our experienced players look like they can't wait for the season to be over so they can jet off to Florida & pick up another inflated salary with someone else next season.

Where's the leadership? I see nothing on the pitch and I see nothing off it either. Desperately worrying times for every supporter of Walsall Football Club.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 pm

142 Saddlers at London Road.

cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
cumbria-saddler wrote:On a brighter note, at least theres more northern away games to go to next year in league two...Bury, Morecambe, Accrington, Crewe, Rotherham, Bradford, Macclesfield, Stockport, Fleetwood are in the conference play off places.. :)

Normally that would bring a small smile to my face as it would mean more 'local' trips for me too, but would you go to these games if Hutchings was still in charge? It would be equally as depressing in League Two, just against worse teams. :?

There is that, but at the minute i still plan to go to Tranmere...

I like to get to as many as i can (even when were doing poor), and i always seem to choose games that we dont win, whether were doing well in the league or not...

Anyway, more northern games means a shorter miserable drives home..

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 pm

BathSaddler wrote:142 Saddlers at London Road.

Good on 'em!

Very disappointed in this defeat, How can Hutchings have any dignity? he should admit the job is beyond him and fudge off.

cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 pm

moanin old git wrote:
cumbria-saddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:

There is that, but at the minute i still plan to go to Tranmere...

I like to get to as many as i can (even when were doing poor), and i always seem to choose games that we dont win, whether were doing well in the league or not...

Anyway, more northern games means a shorter miserable drives home..

I've got just a little sick of them over the past few years Cumbria! apart from the 4th Div Champions season, I cant remember EVER not being miserable on a drive home! :(

Come to think of it, im struggling to remember any away wins ive seen in the past few years.

2-0 win at Oldham in 07-08, 3-2 at Tranmere last season thats about it since we returned to League one. We even failed to beat Fleetwood, Accrington and Stockport away since the start of last season! :(

Bring on the scousers next week!

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Peterborough United (A) League 1 Monday 3/1/11.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:59 pm

cumbria-saddler wrote:Bring on the scousers next week!

Like death and taxes, they're always with us. :wink:

Well, this one is. :mrgreen:

SWS1

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Duke wrote:

Oh, you are an optimist, aren't you?
:evil:

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 am

What on gods earth is Brain doing for the 3rd goal? The marking for the 4th just beggars belief. :evil:

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 am

Surprise, surprise... a player is wheeled out to bemoan their "luck". This time it is Jones with this -

"It's frustrating, our luck has got to change soon."

How is it luck? You have all played rubbish in nearly every game this season and have deserved to lose as often as you have.

I know they have to sound positive but when will they realise it just sounds ridiculous? Morons.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 pm

pco_walsall wrote:Just got back from a very cold Peterborough!

To be fair, we played really well for the first 35/40 minutes, we looked comfortable and could of been 3-0 up. But Somehow at half-time it seems Hutchings' team talk has demotivated the side, we looked a completely different side in the second half. I'm sorry but if he doesn't get sacked/ resign after this it's a disgrace

He will, I'm sure of it.

Love
Mystic Meg/ :roll: offer

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 pm

How many goals have we conceded trying to play that piss poor offside trap?

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:06 am

Whitti Steve wrote:
Duke wrote:

Erm... I think it was over weeks ago. Is there anyone who seriously thinks we can get out of the relegation zone now?

Haven't times changed since then? What a difference six weeks makes! :D

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season