Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (H) League - 1st January 2011

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:You must all be mad. Bonser is laughing his testicles off

Why, what's happened?

I'm talking about the poor sods that are still enduring such drivel, wasting their time, effort, and money, while Boner laughs at each and everyone one of them.

You would think things couldn't get much worse when it comes to Boner and his cronies actively destroying our club, and rubbing our noses in it.

Wait till you see Philthesaddlers new thread later, and then tell me the Boner gives a toss

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Notts County (H) League - 1st January 2011

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Possession, after 30 minutes according to the BBC - Walsall 41% Notts County 59%

Aren't WE supposed to be the home team, being in control, having the possession?????

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Back on line. Mick Kearnes sounds despondent.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Why, what's happened?

I'm talking about the poor sods that are still enduring such drivel, wasting their time, effort, and money, while Boner laughs at each and everyone one of them.

You would think things couldn't get much worse when it comes to Boner and his cronies actively destroying our club, and rubbing our noses in it.

Wait till you see Philthesaddlers new thread later, and then tell me the Boner gives a toss

I'll look forward to it!

For all his faults, I do not believe that he his laughing at the state of the club which he owns. Would you laugh if your business was going down the toilet?

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 pm

It is quite normal to set losses made by one concern against profits reported by another (for Income Tax purposes), thus leading to a much reduced tax bill.

Not that I am suggesting for one moment that anything like that ploy is being carried out..... :wink:

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:46 pm

BarnsleySaddler wrote:Quarter of the match, playing at home and not a shot to show so far. Perhaps the manager should be shot instead for this show.

:oops: :oops:

Best manager we've ever had mate

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:47 pm

And there was me thinking 2011 would be happy. Bof off Hutchings you muppet :twisted:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:49 pm

yoda wrote:
BarnsleySaddler wrote:Quarter of the match, playing at home and not a shot to show so far. Perhaps the manager should be shot instead for this show.

According to the BBC we've had 2 shots on target (but none off target) - we are leading 5-1 however (in terms of fouls committed).

I won't say the worst Manager we've ever had, because I remember John Barnwell only too vividly - but dog-face isn't far off...

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:50 pm

HT 2-0. Apart from one opportunity for Jones, we have not been in the game. Notts County could have had 3 or 4.

A bit early, but I am going to have a drink.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:53 pm

chestersaddler wrote:HT 2-0. Apart from one opportunity for Jones, we have not been in the game. Notts County could have had 3 or 4.

A bit early, but I am going to have a drink.

I don't blame you, chap, might numb the pain a bit :(
Last edited by BathSaddler on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:53 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Why, what's happened?

I'll look forward to it!

For all his faults, I do not believe that he his laughing at the state of the club which he owns. Would you laugh if your business was going down the toilet?

Welsh Saddler has just answered your question

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
yoda wrote:

According to the BBC we've had 2 shots on target (but none off target) - we are leading 5-1 however (in terms of fouls committed).

I won't say the worst Manager we've ever had, because I remember John Barnwell only too vividly - but dog-face isn't far off...

The number 1 fan has said Hutch is the best manager ever seen at the club. What are silly little stats like shots, goals, games won, points and league positions to contradict the number 1 fan?

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:55 pm

An utter shambles. We're dreadful, but a special mention for whoever decided to put Lescott in centre midfield.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:58 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Why, what's happened?

I'll look forward to it!

So you believe the destruction of our football club is designed to save Bonser a bit of tax?

Stu
UTS Legend

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:It is quite normal to set losses made by one concern against profits reported by another (for Income Tax purposes), thus leading to a much reduced tax bill.

Not that I am suggesting for one moment that anything like that ploy is being carried out..... :wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but we've made a profit for the past 4 years... Tiny granted, but a profit none the less. Surely, to validate that argument Walsall would need to be losing money on the books in order to get a reduced tax bill?

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:[quote="swiftyboy"]You must all be mad. Bonser is laughing his testicles off

Why, what's happened?

I'll look forward to it!

So you believe the destruction of our football club is designed to save Bonser a bit of tax?[/quote]

Amongst other things. So you agree that the destruction is taking place then?

Bonsers plan has left him in a no win situation. Does he continue to pump money in just to keep us afloat? Or put us in admin? He loses either way, so anything is possible from the clubs number one fan

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Stu wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:It is quite normal to set losses made by one concern against profits reported by another (for Income Tax purposes), thus leading to a much reduced tax bill.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but we've made a profit for the past 4 years... Tiny granted, but a profit none the less. Surely, to validate that argument Walsall would need to be losing money on the books in order to get a reduced tax bill?

Stu, surely you know that we were only in profit due to massive loans! As has happened yearly for some time. We are massively IN DEBT, because of Boner

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Are they really talking about babysitting and having a quiz on the industrial revolution on Final Score?

This show is an absolute travesty.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Swifty, yes I agree that Bonser is destroying the club, but I do not believe that it is deliberate. Unfortunately he is too stubborn to see that his current stance is making things worse, not better.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:17 pm

0-3 How easy is this :x :x :x

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Three Nil down. How about another text message to Mick Kearnes et al. Belgian :idea:

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:21 pm

They were having a quiz on the industrial revolution on a football show! This amazes me much more than the scoreline

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Will Hutchings go tonight? Why not Mick Kearnes for manager, at least he is optimistic.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:41 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Stu wrote:

Stu, surely you know that we were only in profit due to massive loans! As has happened yearly for some time. We are massively IN DEBT, because of Boner

Of course I do, so surely if Bonser was looking for a tax saving, he wouldn't be loaning us the money, he'd want us to be making significant losses to offset it against profits elsewhere? Or am I missing something here? I'm no accountant, but to me I can't see how WFC would aid him at all in tax purposes unless it was making a significant profit or loss in a single financial year.

As a side note, I'm quite into my speedway, and a number of clubs run at a loss there purely for tax reasons if you listen to some within the sport.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Stu wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Stu wrote:

Of course I do, so surely if Bonser was looking for a tax saving, he wouldn't be loaning us the money, he'd want us to be making significant losses to offset it against profits elsewhere? Or am I missing something here? I'm no accountant, but to me I can't see how WFC would aid him at all in tax purposes unless it was making a significant profit or loss in a single financial year.

As a side note, I'm quite into my speedway, and a number of clubs run at a loss there purely for tax reasons if you listen to some within the sport.

And in any event, it would be the tax bill of Walsall FC that would be reduced, not the personal tax bill of JW Bonser. The rent paid into the SIPP takes care of that.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:46 pm

swifty, as much as Im sick and tired of the current regime, Bonser wont be laughing at anyone

It would be a fair statement to say:

1, he does care his investment is losing money

2, he doesn't know how to improve matters, certainly investing in the football side of the club is not on his agenda and I dont think he thinks it would make a bit of difference

3, he's not interested in what the fans think in the slightest

4, he is the most stubborn man in the world

swifty, he is not laughing at you, he just doesn't care about you. Listening to you to Bonser is like listening to a foreign language (not Greek)

....... back to the football, aint we gash and aint Hutchings absolutely totally and utterly far far far far worse than Merson or Barnwell

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

FT 0-3

You never know, he might be gone tonight after what sounded like a truely woeful performance.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Ive just got in.

There isnt much to say. Limp, lifeless, i cant figure out whether the players aren't bothered or they just dont want to play for Dogface.

MOTM was Gray, everyone pissed themselves with laughter.

Brain- Get rid, useless. Made one great save but its useless if you let two straight through you before hand. Limp wristed.
Westlake - Pretty bad, but one of the only ones who was not shocking.
Butler- Tried to hold a line but couldnt with the rest of the defence playing like children. his booking was sheer stupidity.
Lancashire - Useless just stands there.
McGivern - Send the idiot back, he was so shocking it was untrue.

Gray- Actually has the ability to be a good player, shame hes a lazy tosspot. Get rid.
Lescott - In Midfield? Laughable.
Richards- Shocking game, but at least he could pass to another man and deliver a set piece.
Jones - Tat, gave the ball away cheaply for their first goal.

Nicholls - Its actually laughable we employ him, hes useless, he managed to head the ball backwards from two yards out!
Grigg- Lacks pace, could be a good player if he had someone to pass too.

Subs
Reid - Service was atrocious but did he touch the ball?
Macken - Past it, the bloke cant run.
Paterson? - One piece of skill then gave the ball away.

Manager has to go, CLUELESS utterly clueless, but we all know that dont we? The bloke has no dignity, otherwise he would have left. Just no words to describe the man. Idiot.

Notts County are dross, they will still be there with us. Ince had a good game for them, but we kept giving them the ball. We literally gave them the match. And the first goal was miles offside. Plus their Goalkeepre is a bonafide tosspot. I was waiting for some to lamp him.
Last edited by latviancheese on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Wow..... Just, wow...

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:37 pm

It was my first game of the season today: absolutely pathetic.

I sat next to the halfway line and witnessed abject failure. Jonny Brain should never play football again.
Westlake was ok.
Lancashire and Butler are useless long ball oafs.
McGivern was pathetic.

Now to the most amazing managerial decision i have ever seen. Aaron lescott played in the centre of midfield. Ridiculous - the game passed him by. He and Richards were dominated by the MoTM - Bishop.

We had nothing, no organisation, no passion, no direction,'no leadership.

If he doesn't go after that, then he never will.

My father and I were pulled over by a steward at the end of the game because shouting 'resign!' is apparently not allowed. Nazi Germany.

A shallow, soulless, rancid husk of a club.

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season