Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (H) League - 1st January 2011

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
PeruSaddler
UTS Veteran

Re: Notts County (H) League - 1st January 2011

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:25 pm

morethanuknow wrote:shocking yesterday but i thought taundry and marsall werent too bad in the centre of midd when richards was left wing and nichols was right wing.i would of tried gray ,marshall taundry,
jones across middfield but for some strange reason hutch is just not wearing it that richards should be dropped .marshall and geddes are the 2 real center mids who have played there all there lifes and i think playing a right back and a left back in the middle is more to do with oconner which i have been told that oconner and marshall dont get on probably why lescott was in the middle.i feel that marshall and geddes in the middle with 2 proper wingers alongside them is a far better option than richards and lescot who lets face it dont think like midds because there not midds and i dont think its there fault its dogfaces anf for me yesterday was and should of been hes last game in charge

Any chance of re-writing that in English?

Deano_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:Richards- could deliver a set piece.

You mean like out of the 3 corners he took after Gray went off, one rolled to the first man, one flew miles past the back post and the other was easily cleared. Thank god for him!

Happy New Year Phil.
Good to meet you few weeks back. Nice to see your still picking on Richards he was crud but so was everyone else.
The club is rotting from top to bottom.

Actually, I thought Jones, Grigg, Westlake and Butler could come out of todays game with a smidge of credit - at least they had a go.

The problem comes with the likes of Richards, Lescott, Nicholls, McGivern et al who dont appear to give two hoots and consistently underperform. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that Richards is a) played in an incredibly important position that he is simply not good enough for and b) is totally undroppable.

Are you a complete idiot or what? From all the games you have watched this season you have only seen those 4 players consistently underperform? What about the rest of the squad Phil? There is not one player in that squad that can at the end of the season say ' i didn't have a bad one '. And for you to every week note how bad Richards has been every week is laughable. I like Richards, i think he has underperformed but he has been the best of a bad bunch. But with a new manager maybe the likes of Richards and Nicholls can actually start showing people what they can do.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:42 pm

PeruSaddler wrote:Any chance of re-writing that in English?

Will this help, PeruSaddler?

morethanuknow wrote:
Shocking, yesterday, but I thought that Taundry and Marshall weren't too bad in the centre of midfield when Richards was left-wing and Nicholls was right-wing. I would have tried Gray, Marshall, Taundry and Jones across midfield but for some strange reason, Hutch is just not wearing it that Richards should be dropped.
Marshall and Geddes are the two real centre-midfielders who have played there, all of their lives, and I think that playing a right back and a left back in the middle is more to do with O'Connor.
I have been told that O'Connor and Marshall don't get on which is probably why Lescott was in the middle. I feel that Marshall and Geddes in the middle, with two proper wingers alongside them, is a far better option than Richards and Lescott, who, lets face it, don't think like midfielders because they're not midfielders and I don't think that it's their fault. It's Dogface's and, for me, yesterday was and should have been his last game in charge.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Re: Notts County (H) League - 1st January 2011

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Brandon Flowers wrote:How is Ryan McGivern a professional footballer???

McGivern, Lancashire & Brain have to be 3 of the worst players I have ever seen in the shirt and we've had some rubbish in the 25 years that I've been going.

I kind if agree....however they've been at bigger clubs who must have seen some potential.

The players are obviously poor professionals because instead of leaving their lack of respect for the manager in the dressing room, their lack of professionalism is meaning they aren't playing for their own reputation on the pitch.

However I still maintain its impossible to judge any of these players under Hutchings. Remember the instant improvement of all players from when Money took over?

There is no direction, leadership, discipline or organisation from Hutchings, something a Nichols, Graydon or Money would bring in an instant. Imagine the difference that kind of manager would make to these players. Huge in my opinion.

Blame the players for lack of pride, but for little else in my opinion.

Change the manager now with games against Tranmere, Rovers and Dagenham due, and this season could turn round very quickly.

It's up to the spineless board to stand up to Bonser now.

Each and every sentence gets a tick!

PeruSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Pedagogue wrote:
PeruSaddler wrote:Any chance of re-writing that in English?

Will this help, PeruSaddler?

morethanuknow wrote:
Shocking, yesterday, but I thought that Taundry and Marshall weren't too bad in the centre of midfield when Richards was left-wing and Nicholls was right-wing. I would have tried Gray, Marshall, Taundry and Jones across midfield but for some strange reason, Hutch is just not wearing it that Richards should be dropped.
Marshall and Geddes are the two real centre-midfielders who have played there, all of their lives, and I think that playing a right back and a left back in the middle is more to do with O'Connor.
I have been told that O'Connor and Marshall don't get on which is probably why Lescott was in the middle. I feel that Marshall and Geddes in the middle, with two proper wingers alongside them, is a far better option than Richards and Lescott, who, lets face it, don't think like midfielders because they're not midfielders and I don't think that it's their fault. It's Dogface's and, for me, yesterday was and should have been his last game in charge.

Taa v.much! :wink:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:02 pm

morethanuknow wrote:shocking yesterday but i thought taundry and marsall werent too bad in the centre of midd when richards was left wing and nichols was right wing.i would of tried gray ,marshall taundry,
jones across middfield but for some strange reason hutch is just not wearing it that richards should be dropped .marshall and geddes are the 2 real center mids who have played there all there lifes and i think playing a right back and a left back in the middle is more to do with oconner which i have been told that oconner and marshall dont get on probably why lescott was in the middle.i feel that marshall and geddes in the middle with 2 proper wingers alongside them is a far better option than richards and lescot who lets face it dont think like midds because there not midds and i dont think its there fault its dogfaces anf for me yesterday was and should of been hes last game in charge

Taundry couldn't have played too badly mate, considering he was not in the first X1, nor on the bench. He was out due to an injury!

If he was there, I'd assume that his only appearance would probably have been in the Bonser Suite. :wink:

Stalky

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Just a few questions: -

1 Who played the left winger onside for the first goal? I know that Brain should have made the easy save, but would like to know who wasn't concentrating.

2 Which defender(s) should have been marking the the players who headed the 2nd and 3rd goals?

3 Why were our two best strikers sitting on the bench? Hutchings seems to have this misguided notion that that you always give another chance to the players who have had a good result the previous match. This is sentiment not management. A manager should always play his best team ... irrespective.

4 How come that at half time, 2-0 down, changes weren't made? Why wait until we were 3-0 down?

5 How did the sponsers manage to find a MOTM when all 11(14) were useless? The honest answer would have been to say "No-one deserves it."

6 How does Hutchings manage to turn good players into bad ones? Remember that outstanding centre-back that we were going to lose to a higher level side (Manny Smith)? Now he can't even get into a team languishing at the foot of the table.

7 How much longer ... ?

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:41 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Bloody hell, I thought it was easy to wind Sheff and Phil in.

Your not on a wind up with Neville though are you? You genuinely idolise him

He hates rateaters, is called Gary, is a right back and has an amazing beard. What is not to like about him?

I sense.... Jealousy. It's OK though, at least you're not obsessed with Richards.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:49 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Bloody hell, I thought it was easy to wind Sheff and Phil in.

So bad that one of the best clubs in the world has kept him on all these years - Neville must be truly rubbish then, eh Wayne?

Maybe we could get a few of these rubbish "cast-offs" on the books at The Banks's, although we'd probably end up in danger of relegation ....... :?

Watch the highlights Geoff and tell me he isn't rubbish Geoff

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

He hates rateaters, is called Gary, is a right back and has an amazing beard. What is not to like about him?

I sense.... Jealousy. It's OK though, at least you're not obsessed with Richards.

I'd rather support Liverpool than Man U scum any day

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

I'd rather support Liverpool than Man U scum any day

I don't support Man Utd. I support Walsall.

The only things regarding Utd I want to do well are Vidic and Berbatov as they are in my fantasy football team.

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:16 pm

saddlerken wrote:
philhutchingssaddler wrote:
some meaningless waffle desperately trying to justify my bizzare dislike for the obvious 2010/11 player of the season

got my £50?

I can quite believe you played at a high level, you would sit comfortably with your fellow mongaloid ex pro football pundits like Garth Crooks, Paul Merson, Steve Claridge, Jamie Redknapp, Andy Townsend, Nigel Winterburn etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Ken, I don't doubt Phillip has played pub league football at every level, he reminds of 'that man down the pub' who has always got a wise word of advice to whom ever stands next to him at the bar. Sort of bloke who is happy to 'bet you a tenner' knowing full well he can laugh it off as some drunken jape. I'd love to play football against him if he's as good as he thinks as he is at spotting a decent footballer, I'm 50+ and Mark Wright is playing non league football :lol:

I think Phillip should pay Kenneth his £50 unless it was just a joke?

Jockey
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Ive got a season ticket and even I couldnt be bothered to go yesterday.

I cant be bothered with this cack anymore.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Cully wrote:
saddlerken wrote:
philhutchingssaddler wrote:
some meaningless waffle desperately trying to justify my bizzare dislike for the obvious 2010/11 player of the season

got my £50?

I can quite believe you played at a high level, you would sit comfortably with your fellow mongaloid ex pro football pundits like Garth Crooks, Paul Merson, Steve Claridge, Jamie Redknapp, Andy Townsend, Nigel Winterburn etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Ken, I don't doubt Phillip has played pub league football at every level, he reminds of 'that man down the pub' who has always got a wise word of advice to whom ever stands next to him at the bar. Sort of bloke who is happy to 'bet you a tenner' knowing full well he can laugh it off as some drunken jape. I'd love to play football against him if he's as good as he thinks as he is at spotting a decent footballer, I'm 50+ and Mark Wright is playing non league football :lol:

I think Phillip should pay Kenneth his £50 unless it was just a joke?

i dont think you would see phil at a bar drunk all the time talking to randomers.

i was suprised when i seen him and was told he was phil the saddler. hes very clever and is vey knowlegable about walsall fc

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Watching us try to hold a line on saturday was utterly painful. First goal wasnt offside as i thought, just shocking defending.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 pm

The entire debacle is rancid from the very top to the very bottom.

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season