Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fleetwood Town (H) F A Cup 1st rnd replay Tuesday 16/11/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Re: Fleetwood Town (H) F A Cup 1st rnd replay Tuesday 16/11/10.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Brandon Flowers wrote:Was it a 4-3-3 formation tonight?
Micholls & Reid supporting Dickinson??????

Think so yeah.

Torbaysaddler
UTS Regular

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh dear.... now what do I do....look at my online name Torbaysaddler....yes i live down here. My heart tells me I want to go along to Plainmoor in 2 weeks time .... I was there last time you lot were down here.... I also remember the 1-1 draw in the cup as well (wasn't the replay 8-1) my boy then aged about 8 decided he needed to pee.... so when i took him to the loo.. I heard a cheer and when we got back I think it was Lightbourne who had scored.
Anyway .. no doubt I will post on the Torquay topic. Dilemma

Griff

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Just got back despite the "Police incident"..

It's fair to say JW was easily the best Walsall player on the pitch and well deserved MOTM and it's also fair to say Fleetwood could have been winning 7 - 0 at half time.

JW aside the rest of the side were pathetic and that's being generous.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Torbaysaddler wrote:Oh dear.... now what do I do....look at my online name Torbaysaddler....yes i live down here. My heart tells me I want to go along to Plainmoor in 2 weeks time .... I was there last time you lot were down here.... I also remember the 1-1 draw in the cup as well (wasn't the replay 8-1) my boy then aged about 8 decided he needed to pee.... so when i took him to the loo.. I heard a cheer and when we got back I think it was Lightbourne who had scored.

Do it! Why would you not??

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Griff wrote:Just got back despite the "Police incident"..

It's fair to say JW was easily the best Walsall player on the pitch and well deserved MOTM and it's also fair to say Fleetwood could have been winning 7 - 0 at half time.

Any idea what this "Police incident" was? I heard it on Saddlers Player, and I am nosey.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Woking 2-1 up. Its on ESPN and its not great.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Woking 2-2. Its on ESPN and its pants.

Torbaysaddler
UTS Regular

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 pm

yoda wrote:
Torbaysaddler wrote:Oh dear.... now what do I do....look at my online name Torbaysaddler....yes i live down here. My heart tells me I want to go along to Plainmoor in 2 weeks time .... I was there last time you lot were down here.... I also remember the 1-1 draw in the cup as well (wasn't the replay 8-1) my boy then aged about 8 decided he needed to pee.... so when i took him to the loo.. I heard a cheer and when we got back I think it was Lightbourne who had scored.

Do it! Why would you not??

Don't like wasting money ... I was at the Exeter game last Season and to be honest that was a waste of money to watch ... but i enjoyed the "craic" with my fellow Saddlers and for that reason i will be at Plainmoor and hopefully in a local watering hole before :?

Griff

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:

Any idea what this "Police incident" was? I heard it on Saddlers Player, and I am nosey.

No idea. There were a couple of announcements towards the end saying that "due to a serious Police incident" you could only turn right out of the ground. This didn't seem to affect normal traffic coming from the Broadway or the retail park but as soon as anyone tried to turn left out of the ground a couple of stewards jumped into the road to stop them only to jump out of the way when normal traffic came at them. A bit bizarre :roll:

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Yer but how many times are we down your way? Take the opportunity to leave the son at home (if hes still young) and come out for a drink. Then drink some more, sing some songs and have another drink. Theres more to Walsall than football!

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Griff wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:

No idea. There were a couple of announcements towards the end saying that "due to a serious Police incident" you could only turn right out of the ground. This didn't seem to affect normal traffic coming from the Broadway or the retail park but as soon as anyone tried to turn left out of the ground a couple of stewards jumped into the road to stop them only to jump out of the way when normal traffic came at them. A bit bizarre :roll:

Perhaps it was Hutchings turning a corner. :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:

Me too!

Also, anyone arriving home got the time to do a match summary so I can get the front page updated?

Ta!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Was not at the game tonight but on the way back from the Old Man's there were a lot of police heading up the J1/8 M5/6 slip.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Probably heard Pires has signed for the vile scum

Stu
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm

It was 8-4 in the replay at Bescot... I think it was either 2-2 or 3-3 after 90 minutes. Cracking match.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:24 pm

absolute dross! apart from JW

for the nosey ones west bromwich road closed off from the junction with Talke rd up to the turning for Yew Tree. About 10 police cars including under cover and vans about 100 people standing watching but have no idea of the cause

song of the night "I'd rather have Swifty than the dog"
Last edited by Kiansmom on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Stu wrote:

It was 8-4 in the replay at Bescot... I think it was either 2-2 or 3-3 after 90 minutes. Cracking match.

still got the vid on tape somewhere. Wasn't that when Hanson was bleating on about white circles on MOTD later? Some game, we were jammy in normal time that night as well.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm

A magnificent victory from an imperious Walsall juggernaut!

Despite a flicker of life from a hapless Fleetwood side in the first half, the sheer power of the Reid, Richards, Walker triumpherate ensured the triumph. Walker was back to his sublime best as he formed an impenetrable barrier to repeated Fleetwood attacks. I think they missed two clear headers though, so Hutchings will have to shore up that aspect. A termination of the woeful Lescott would be a good start. Richards was energy personified, not only sweeping up after Lescott but harrying the superior Fleetwood midfield into errors. Reid was a lethal weapon when he had to be and took his goals well. No-one else stood out, aside from the fact that they could easily slot into a Conference role.

Hutchings was at the sharp end of a verbal leathering from the Walsall element of the 2,050 odd crowd. He will point to tactical changes that smoothed Walsall's path to victory in the 2nd half. The truth is that Fleetwood, falling foul of an inspirational keeper and guilty of missing clear chances, must fight back the bitter tears of FA cup injustice on their long, long, painful journey back to their tramstop in Blackpool.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Woking have missed 3 penalties in a row.

Even the penalty shootout in this game sucks.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 pm

By the way, nobodys mentioned this is our first clean sheet in about 9 years

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 pm

yoda wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:Yeah and I still say why would you want them to have to visit Stadium MK - if the draw had been MK Dons at home that would be different but you are wishing a situation on them just so you can go and watch!!!!!!

What does it matter where they play? They're still facing them

It matters to them and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't get that! Why should they play a game away when they have been drawn at home? In any situation for that matter but certainly in this one! Ridiculous!

longdogs
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Horrible. Really horrible. Walker kept us in it, and Reid took his goals well.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm

dinkydotsaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:Yeah and I still say why would you want them to have to visit Stadium MK - if the draw had been MK Dons at home that would be different but you are wishing a situation on them just so you can go and watch!!!!!!

What does it matter where they play? They're still facing them

It matters to them and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't get that! Why should they play a game away when they have been drawn at home? In any situation for that matter but certainly in this one! Ridiculous!

Im not suggesting they should play away when theyve been drawn fairly at home....

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

yoda wrote:By the way, nobodys mentioned this is our first clean sheet in about 9 years

Our second of the season, to be precise!

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:By the way, nobodys mentioned this is our first clean sheet in about 9 years

Yer but that 0-0 at orient wasnt anything to be proud of :D

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 pm

yoda wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:

Whereas a clean sheet at home to Fleetwood is enough for a parade through the town :D

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

yoda wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:

I'm sure it was'nt. But then very little has been this season :x

longdogs
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 pm

What's going on with the Franchise v Stevenage penalties? BBC says it's 6-4 to Stevenage on pens!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 pm

yoda wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:

That was a turning point. :idea:

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:

Does it really matter? What a stupid pointless discussion. Are you trying to get a reaction or something? :roll: It's only a bloody game of football, why shouldnt he wish that Wimbledon played at MK so that he could go and watch?

If you're gonna stick your oar in at least read the posts!!!!!! He is wanting them to have to play at Stadium MK so he can watch!!!! The point is the draw is a home draw for Wimbledon! If it is so pointless why are you involving yourself?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season