Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

A F C Bournemouth (A) League 1 Saturday 13/11/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
Graydon48
Glitterati

Re: A F C Bournemouth (A) League 1 Saturday 13/11/10.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:38 pm

philthesaddler wrote:You know what, maybe we should have tried to have a man sent off? That would have given us a boost.

We tried having a man sent off tactic last week.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Duke wrote:Face facts we have a owner chairman who doesn't attend games anymore , according to Jeff we've had the most successful 20 year period in the clubs history under him.

We have a owner chairman who clearly doesn't give a toss about the club or the fans.

We have a manager who couldn't organize an orgy in an brothel.

I repeat we are going down

You've come a long way in the last couple of years. Back then you were still repeating the favourite myths about Bonser saving us and being our number one fan :wink:

ram27

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Most managers talk about 'runs of five' games and not looking too far ahead. I would love to hear the conversations between manager and chairman. All Hutchings went on about when he joined the club as manager was 'bouncebackability' after one bad result. My question is: where are the next points coming from.

Here's an idea - get all the players on loan to sod off back to their clubs.

Play some players that want to play for Walsall.

Taxi for Hutchings.

End of...

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm SICK OF SAYING THIS!!!!!!!!

Hutchings is only the short term problem. It's BONER that's to blame full stop. What happens when Hutchings goes? Bonser employs another cheapskate yes man manager, and so it all begins again

Stu
UTS Legend

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:23 pm

swiftyboy wrote:I'm SICK OF SAYING THIS!!!!!!!!

Hutchings is only the short term problem. It's BONER that's to blame full stop. What happens when Hutchings goes? Bonser employs another cheapskate yes man manager, and so it all begins again

I don't think you'll find one person who disagrees, but as I imagine everyone else is sick of saying, unless you've got £6m - £10m down the back of your sofa, then there is no point harping on about it.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Quite right. There's no immediate solution to the Bonser problem. There is one to the Hutchings problem.

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 pm

I was there, what a waste of £19.

we did not offer up one shot on goal in the whole 96 minutes. Bournemouth only had three real efforts and poor old Jimmy saved non, but could not be blamed.
Richards once more gave away possession for the first, and then the heads dropped and the body language of the players changed. we had looked quite comfortable up until then.

Reid occasionally looked dangerous, but often after beating three men he had to do it all again as our three midfielders had failed to cross the half way line.

We did look like the Arsenal though in one flowing passing move around the edge of their box which ended with the keeper being put under pressure and doing well to make a rushed kicked clearance. It was just a shame that it was Jimmy that we put under pressure, but being Jimmy he dealt with it well.

Butler seemed to do well I don't remember him making any major errors and seems to shout a lot and point in the right direction ie.up their end of the pitch. Westlake did okay and Lescot seemed quite quick, but did not seem to run for any particular purpose.

On the whole Bournemouth were a lot sharper, always winning the fifty fifties. They did not hit hopeful balls down the touch line, in our case hopeless balls. I actually touched the ball today. I probably had as much possession of the football as Julian Gray .

It is very difficult to judge the rest of the team as they did not manage to do a lot that was in the slightest constructive

.In the words of Private Fraser we're doomed

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Stu wrote:

I don't think you'll find one person who disagrees, but as I imagine everyone else is sick of saying, unless you've got £6m - £10m down the back of your sofa, then there is no point harping on about it.

Oh great. I'll look forward to watching Bonser appoint another yes man to take us back to square one then

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:47 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Stu wrote:

Oh great. I'll look forward to watching Bonser appoint another yes man to take us back to square one then

We all want Bonser out, but what is your solution apart from shouting Bonser out.
As Stu says unless you've got £6/10 million available you ain't got a plan have you.
One more thing, if I did have money to buy the club and saw all the empty seats you and your fellow stayaways create I wouldn't touch the club with a bargepole.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Cant believe there were actually people clapping that guano at the end. I just stood shaking my head.

Highlight of the day, the aquarium thing on the seafront. Girls loved it.

Nuff said.

Monkey_Eyd

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Stu wrote:

I would hazard 8m for the facilites!!, 1m for the numpties, at a guess ;-)

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 am

swiftyboy wrote:
Stu wrote:

You might as well do, I have. I haven't got £6m+ floating around unfortunately, so therefore I have no way of removing him from the equation. With all respect, whilst I agree with you, you're sounding like a stuck record. Bonser this, Bonser that, Bonser the other... Getting a manager out can be achieved, getting an Owner of a business out is nigh on impossible, in fact, no, it is impossible unless you've got reddies. Therefore, why bang on about it when you're preaching to the converted.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:41 am

Match reaction now on the front page.

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... ll-it-end/

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:36 am

Exile wrote:Match reaction now on the front page.

Somebody obviously didn't understand the poll question, or Christ Hutchings has been surfing :-)

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:56 am

Exile wrote:Match reaction now on the front page.

Good piece. Five points since the end of August? Christ, that's even worse than my happy-clappy default setting brain allowed me to consider.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:47 am

There were 159 Saddlers at Dean Court yesterday.

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:02 am

BathSaddler wrote:There were 159 Saddlers at Dean Court yesterday.

Fair play to each and every one of them, im glad i was working otherwise i would have most probably also wasted £19. Heard Dickinson was a waste of space again. Hutchings is right about him he does add a new dimension, were even worse with him in the side! HUTCHINGS OUT!

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 am

tinned wrote:
Duke wrote:Face facts we have a owner chairman who doesn't attend games anymore , according to Jeff we've had the most successful 20 year period in the clubs history under him.

We have a owner chairman who clearly doesn't give a toss about the club or the fans.

We have a manager who couldn't organize an orgy in an brothel.

I repeat we are going down

You've come a long way in the last couple of years. Back then you were still repeating the favourite myths about Bonser saving us and being our number one fan :wink:

Can't believe he doesn't attend home games and then wonders why fans are angry with him.

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 am

Banksy wrote:

Fair play to each and every one of them, im glad i was working otherwise i would have most probably also wasted £19. Heard Dickinson was a waste of space again. Hutchings is right about him he does add a new dimension, were even worse with him in the side! HUTCHINGS OUT!

In fair play to Dickinson he was a loan striker and I do mean LONE. Not that he looked any good, but it would be nice to see him get a cross or pass in the box. Alan Shearer would have looked bad yesterday in that team with those 'tactics'.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:35 pm

portlandbill wrote:
Banksy wrote:

In fair play to Dickinson he was a loan striker and I do mean LONE. Not that he looked any good, but it would be nice to see him get a cross or pass in the box. Alan Shearer would have looked bad yesterday in that team with those 'tactics'.

Tactics? Tactics? Can you explain this word please, I don't think we've heard about those before, except on the outside of packets of small mints. :)

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Hutchins tactics were plain to see. set the team up to frustrate the home team. looking for a nil nil .However he was unable to change the system even when we were three nil down. Right until the end we were playing for nil nil.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 pm

portlandbill wrote:Hutchins tactics were plain to see. set the team up to frustrate the home team. looking for a nil nil .However he was unable to change the system even when we were three nil down. Right until the end we were playing for nil nil.

Congratulations to him for actually HAVING tactics then, and for his consistency with them, like sticking to his guns and all that! :?

morethanuknow
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

im not sure what the crime is for playing 451 man utd play it.my gripe is there first 2 goals, where was lescot as he was suppost to be our left back and does it seem where ever he plays thats where we let goals in thats how it looks to me .i would never ever play lescot he is utter wonk i would rather play richards left back.this is what i cant understand about the manager why does he play lescot hes not had 2000 clubs for nothing and its decisions like that or lack of them what gets my back up.the only problem playing 451 is if your wide men are not willing to get down the line and have ago ie gray then it becomes a difficut formation .on saddlers player we sounded like we was playing wel up until there first goal and then whatever confidence we did have just sailed away and i suppose that is the story of the season

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 am

We played okay until they scored, but we never threatened their goal.

4-5-1 is what a lot of clubs play, but it needs to be fluid. They play two holding midfielders, two wide midfielders and one extra central midfielders, who defend as a unit and attack as a unit. it is almost a 4-2-3-1 system. We were too rigid, defended badly and never got any men forward. as well as being a recipe for disaster it was boring to watch!

Football management is not rocket science. It is about putting round pegs in round holes. Get them to know their jobs and keep a discipline.we need a settled team, difficult especially when the loan players keep getting injured.

When the great Cloughie was in his decline he used to spend at least an hour talking tactics before the game. Walking down the tunnel the senior players took over saying forget that rubbish, just get on with it. It worked an Brian never knew

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Just watched the highlights on Saddlers Player, nothing Walker could do about the goals to be fair to him.
After the first goal the players looked as if they were all thinking "Oh no, not again."

We look terrible when it comes to defending crosses. Work on defending them Hutch!

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:59 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:We look terrible when it comes to defending crosses. Work on defending them Hutch!

Defending is Hutch's gratest skill. He defends himself in the papers and on the radio very well!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:01 pm

160, They let Ava in for free :D

I took 4 of the crowd :?

longdogs
UTS Legend

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:29 pm

ws3
Glitterati

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Yes he was. 1/10 is just being polite.

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 pm

ws3 wrote:

Yes he was. 1/10 is just being polite.

as i said in my report I had the ball for as long as he did when it came over the wall.

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season