Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fleetwood Town (A) F A Cup 1st round Saturday 6/11/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Re: Fleetwood Town (A) F A Cup 1st round Saturday 6/11/10.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Duke wrote:
cumbria-saddler wrote:Westlake - one of the only players who stood out for me. Looked good going foward towards the end. hope he's not dropped for the next game.

That's what normally happens when the lad has a good game

Hopefully we'll have a new manager by then though!

(hopefully, but not likely

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:41 pm

That was absolutely terrible. No passion, no movement, no cohesion. Nothing. If you watch how many times a player from the opposition simply follows their run through whilst our player just stands still and takes no notice, it'l frighten you and thats just footballing BASICS. This sides relegated now with this absolute muppet in control. Remember though, this is some of the players that last season followed the manager's guidance sufficiently enough to finish 10th, so the players to have to take some of the criticism as they to have let themselves down so far this season.

One point to make. During the warm up our fans we're singing Hutch out, Martin Devaney walked over and signed a lad's programme in the corner and said to the lad 'what the f**k are they singing that for, it's hardly going to help matters is it' and in a sense i agree. Whilst getting the point that we no longer want this moron in charge is correct, perhaps backing the players and singing positively during the pre-kick off build up might help confidence. We certainly can't afford to be annoying or offending our best players (yes, i know there professionals but still). I hope it doesn't affect him either, notice how he started prancing around and not looking bothered in the first half, before trying to ruck with the fleetwood manager, purposeful perhaps? Hope not, because in form and fit he's one of the better wingers in this league.

Smith and McDonald are poor as a partnership, the latter is clearly not a footballer. Jones looks un-fit and out of form, much like Taundry who was dire. Westlake got well in the second half and will be keeping his place if he continues in that form. Mention to Walker as well, who pulled some excellent saves off and marshalled the defence pretty well. Richards was the best of a poor midfield. Ryan McGivern was idiotic going in with 2 feet and studs showing, i new it was red before he'd completed the tackle. Stupidity. Just stand up, he was going nowhere. But a very special mention to dickinson, whose probably the worst player i've ever seen grace a football pitch, i'd happily agree to send both him and Hutch in a taxi back up north, never to return!

Can we take any positives? For once yes.

- I actually thought we dug deep in the second half when our back's were against the wall when we could have completely collapsed to a highly embarassing defeat.

- Plenty of teams in better form didn't do so well. Huddersfield, Port Vale and Brighton come to mind.

- There's a good chance we'l scrape past them at home.

Where was Gray by the way?

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

tinned wrote:I love going to midweek games as I go on the train and have a few pints before and after the game. My first thought was to go to the replay but decided I can't be bothered. I've decided I might still go out on the train but just stay drinking around Walsall. Anyone fancy a night on the pop and leave Dogface to himself?

Might join ya for a pint or two after the game, as long as you aint in the Black Country Arms :D

Think other's have covered Saturday far better than I can, however I'll just add that I was still laughing at the chant of "we want our crane back" on Sunday, and there was some other good chants too. However, there was some shambolic displays to witness that day, starting with the staff in the pub :(

I know we are at home in the reply, but still worried.

ws3
Glitterati

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:I love going to midweek games as I go on the train and have a few pints before and after the game. My first thought was to go to the replay but decided I can't be bothered. I've decided I might still go out on the train but just stay drinking around Walsall. Anyone fancy a night on the pop and leave Dogface to himself?

Might join ya for a pint or two after the game, as long as you aint in the Black Country Arms :D

Think other's have covered Saturday far better than I can, however I'll just add that I was still laughing at the chant of "we want our crane back" on Sunday, and there was some other good chants too. However, there was some shambolic displays to witness that day, starting with the staff in the pub :(

Two great points. The song about the crane was priceless.

The staff in that pub were awful, you could have died of thirst while they served the first person they could see. I can only guess that it doesn't get as busy as that on a regular basis.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm

ws3 wrote:
Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:

The staff in that pub were awful, you could have died of thirst while they served the first person they could see. I can only guess that it doesn't get as busy as that on a regular basis.

if ya on about the jolly sailor
then they normally only have 1 person working, they thought 3 would cover it, how wrong they were

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:39 pm

ws3 wrote:
Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:

Haha I'm glad my random song was appreciated then :lol:

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season