Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Huddersfield Town (A) League 1 Saturday 30/10/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
Delves Saddler

Re: Huddersfield Town (A) League 1 Saturday 30/10/10.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Walsall announce a new signing... A Blu-ray player to allow Chris Hutchings to better analyse the match footage in 4 times the detail in HD.

elfobeiro

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Who's up for breaking into Hutch's house and nicking his DVD player?

morethanuknow
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm

that amount of fullbacks is probably the reason why nothing is being created because walsall have the fire power but its no good if you keep lumping it and there centre half is winning everything.once again hutch,s fault

morethanuknow
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm

maybe hutch as a black and white tv and cant tell the difference because he hasnt got a clue in real time

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 pm

I cannot believe how unlucky we were, for a start we were without the new pairing of Arthur and Margaret who had to attend the Saturday club in Bloxwich to give a lecture on positional play and the effective use of substitutes to an enthralled audience of pensioners. Then the referee conspired against us to create an unfair balance by sending off their star striker for polishing his elbow on Smiths face, then there was the unfair advantage of Huddersfield playing football not to mention the disgraceful lack of support from the home fans towards Walsall. Our fans never contributed a single pass or tackle to make things worse as we pressed for that vital throw in which could have changed the outcome of the whole match. How Nicholls missed that chance in the first minute of the match when he was unmarked on the touchline measuring the size of his head I'll never know :roll:

Chris Hutchings must be the unluckiest man on the Earth after that display, the FA should look no further for Fabios replacement, I don't know how he has been overlooked after all these years after his success at Bradford, Wigan and somewhere else where he was also very unlucky.

I can't wait for Tumultuous Tuesday :!:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Just in the car on the way back. I've seen us play worse & win. Both fullbacks were good, as was Smith & ultimately, we had more chances than them.

For all the positives, Hutchings' substitutions hindered rather than helped us. Reid can't play with his back to goal & there's no point pairing him with Nicholls.

Their centre half got MOTM, which says it all. I think we were unlucky today, but Hutchings can't keep using that as an excuse. Tuesday's game is massive with the clubs around us having opened up a bit of gap today.

The red card was as blatant a sending off as I've ever seen, by the way.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:37 pm

the only bit a bad luck we had today was the opposition turning up .

:(

motty
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm

fudge off hutch now.That is all

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:40 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Just in the car on the way back. I've seen us play worse & win. Both fullbacks were good, as was Smith & ultimately, we had more chances than them.

For all the positives, Hutchings' substitutions hindered rather than helped us. Reid can't play with his back to goal & there's no point pairing him with Nicholls.

Their centre half got MOTM, which says it all. I think we were unlucky today, but Hutchings can't keep using that as an excuse. Tuesday's game is massive with the clubs around us having opened up a bit of gap today.

The natives aint for appeasing, tonight Rob :wink:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Just in the car on the way back. I've seen us play worse & win. Both fullbacks were good, as was Smith & ultimately, we had more chances than them.

That would have sounded good against 11 men, but for gods sake we played against 10 men for around 70 minutes!
Ya make your own luck and CH as run out of it a long time ago.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:50 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:I've seen us play worse & win

Which games?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Cully wrote:I cannot believe how unlucky we were, for a start we were without the new pairing of Arthur and Margaret who had to attend the Saturday club in Bloxwich to give a lecture on positional play and the effective use of substitutes to an enthralled audience of pensioners. Then the referee conspired against us to create an unfair balance by sending off their star striker for polishing his elbow on Smiths face, then there was the unfair advantage of Huddersfield playing football not to mention the disgraceful lack of support from the home fans towards Walsall. Our fans never contributed a single pass or tackle to make things worse as we pressed for that vital throw in which could have changed the outcome of the whole match. How Nicholls missed that chance in the first minute of the match when he was unmarked on the touchline measuring the size of his head I'll never know :roll:

Chris Hutchings must be the unluckiest man on the Earth after that display, the FA should look no further for Fabios replacement, I don't know how he has been overlooked after all these years after his success at Bradford, Wigan and somewhere else where he was also very unlucky.

I can't wait for Tumultuous Tuesday :!:

:lol: Well at least that cheered me up no end after another predictable/inevitable defeat.

At least today didn't totally wreck our goal difference, thanks to them being down to 10 men for over 2/3 of the game. I had been anticipating a right old thrashing, but luckily Lees' elbow made sure that didn't happen.

0-1 at the Galpharm - almost a victory! :shock:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

That would have sounded good against 11 men, but for gods sake we played against 10 men for around 70 minutes!
Ya make your own luck and CH as run out of it a long time ago.

Completely agree. We had the problem of needing both Taundry & Lescott in the side to do the job of one player.

Hutch does need to go for me, but now we're 5 points adrift, 3 points on tuesday are far more important than any agenda against the manager.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Time to go Hutchings - none of this dvd shite is ever gonna help, your a fail of a manager and always will be.

RESIGN!

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:37 pm

216 Saddlers at the Galpharm today.

JackoSaddler

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:45 pm

JackoSaddler wrote:http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=45697

Says it all really

Sure does.

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:48 pm

JackoSaddler wrote:http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=45697

Says it all really

Oh no, that's embarrassing, we're a laughing stock, not only did we wait sixty minutes to realise you don't need 4 defenders to mark one striker, we had an anchor man in midfield!!

Embarrassed, embarrassed, embarrassed!

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Nearly crashed the car on the way home from a family day out. Jusr tuned in to hear Dogface assuring us he was happy with the performance. Any manager that is happy with a defeat should be sacked on the spot.

Even under Merson's disasterous tenure I remember pockets of fans defending him. This doesn't seem apparent at all in this situation.

Top marks for Daz The Dingle Hale, he seems genuinely just has angry as us (plus he also expressed sadness at the bulldozing of my old local - The Greyhound in Burntwood), perhaps he's not such a bad 'un afterall :D

Dogface out - NOW!

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:15 pm

tinned wrote:Nearly crashed the car on the way home from a family day out. Jusr tuned in to hear Dogface assuring us he was happy with the performance. Any manager that is happy with a defeat should be sacked on the spot.

Even under Merson's disasterous tenure I remember pockets of fans defending him. This doesn't seem apparent at all in this situation.

Top marks for Daz The Dingle Hale, he seems genuinely just has angry as us (plus he also expressed sadness at the bulldozing of my old local - The Greyhound in Burntwood), perhaps he's not such a bad 'un afterall :D

Dogface out - NOW!

Yeah, Daz also said that Dogface sounded like a "broken record"

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Despite a few decent passing movements in our own half I thought we were shocking. Creatively we were absolutely non existant. Defence wasn't too bad, Walker did seem to inspire some conidence and organisation, though IMO he should have got their goal which was a speculative long range shot.

We created nothing. I have absolutely no idea what the tactical plan was, beyond stifling the match, and nor it seems did the players. Once their bloke (totally justifiably) got sent off we were completely incapable of getting out of that mindset. Macken must be thinking what on earth is he doing playing under this baffoon. Forced to chace balls on his own and play a role to which he is completely unsuited for much of the match, Mastermind then decides to offer a bit of support up front and takes Macken off. The only odd half chances (if you can call them that) we got were towards the end and were certainly not "created" by any decent attacking play by us.

The Huddersield fans I talked to on the way out could not believe how incapable we were of going forward. Tactically, motivationally and organisationally Hutchings is completely, totally and utterly incompetent and clueless.

Most interesting part of the day was talking to 20 members of the Norwegian Branch of the Bolton Supporters club. They were with a couple of English Bolton fans and are over for their match tomorrow. Tried to persuade them to go in our end but they politely declined :D

As for the football, the less said the better.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:20 pm

saddlerken wrote:

Which games?

Were you one of the 216 there today, Ken?

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:46 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

Which games?

No

What is your point?

Answer the question

We have won 3 and in not one of them have we been particularly good

SACK THAT IDIOT

we lost, we are rubbish, if you can't beat 10 men over 70 minutes it is pathetic, FACT

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:03 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

Which games?

Why would he need to be there to comment on the obvious?

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:34 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

Which games?

Why would he need to be there to comment on the obvious?

ok, comments about us playing worse & winning were rash, but we've certainly scraped draws under similar circumstances in the past.

I'd argue that it's not 'obvious' unless you saw it with your own eyes though.

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Says it all really

Saya a lot about our supposed good team on paper. Toilet paper maybe!!!

Lone Striker

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:57 pm

On a positive note we did play slightly better than we have in previous few games, and to support WFC Rob we played worse at both Dagenham and Brentford and came away with points. The system was designed to deny them space with our 3 central midfielders snubbing out their central 2 and to a point it worked, down side is that we needed both Taundry and Lescott in there to be competitive and that results in us being limited going forward. The ideal is to sort 1 decent midfield player who is able to contribute both in defence and when we go forward, so far this season nobody fits this criteria.

Blatant red card, even admitted by their Manager after the game. We did have plenty of possesion as you would expect versus 10 men and created 2 or 3 reasonable chances without ever looking convincing.

Now to the substitutions made by our Manager, if Macken was not injured the change with Reid needs explaining as Macken had been outstanding to that point in the game with his hold up play and the ball just does not stick to Reid in the same way, Reid cannot play as effectively with his back to goal and surely the Manager realises this!! Taking Lescott off was correct as we chased the game, but can honestly say that Nicholls did nothing in his time on the pitch, should be bringing Grigg on in these situations. The substitutions made no difference to our play and I would argue we looked more likely to score before any changes were made.

Tuesday is a big game and it will be interesting to see who starts, at home we should not have that third central midfielder and therefore Lescott should not start, particularly as today both fullbacks had decent games, but that means dropping the captain!! makes a nonsense of Lescott having this role as he should not start, but as with some decisions made by the Manager anything is possible.

We do look a relegation threatened side and it will take some big performances or big decisions to get us out of this mess.

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:21 pm

RUBBISH! Get him gone now... he just has no idea at all....

Second half we played better but I just couldn't see a goal coming at all!

At least I got my shot on target at half time after running around a broom for 10 times 8)

And this was our away support taken on the pitch at half time....

http://yfrog.com/n8photo0306uj

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 pm

The kind of game where a point would confirm we can mix it with anyone, but defeat just shows us up for the poor club we are right now. Match story now on the front page.

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... cky-again/

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Says it all really

"It took them until the 60th minute to realise they didn't need 4 defenders to mark one strike"

Says all you need to know about Hutchings

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season