Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Dagenham and Redbridge (A) League 1 Saturday 16/10/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) League 1 Saturday 16/10/10.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Surrey Saddler wrote:A point away from home. Not bad. You guys who want more are in serial denial. We have home gates of 3000, Bonsor is NOT, repeat, NOT going, neither, for that matter is Hutchings. This is how it is. Get real!!

God Surrey, you need to get a life if you think a point at Dagenham is "not bad".
Its no wonder Walsall are going down the pan with supporters like you.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:40 pm

God, only a point away at Villa. Chelsea are doomed if they can't turn it round quick. :roll:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Exile wrote:God, only a point away at Villa. Chelsea are doomed if they can't turn it round quick. :roll:

One thing I always feel happy about.
One thing that is worse then being a Wolves fan is living in New Zealand.
S cum of the earth.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Someone has been on the sauce. See you tomorrow, there's no debating with you when you've had a skinful.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Exile wrote:Someone has been on the sauce. See you tomorrow, there's no debating with you when you've had a skinful.

Its winners like you that does it.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:10 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Someone has been on the sauce. See you tomorrow, there's no debating with you when you've had a skinful.

Perhaps you could explain why you insult brummie for being content with a point, then Duke for wanting a win, then Surrey for thinking a point wasn't bad. If you were consistent it might make sense, but you're not.

HednesfordSaddler

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Exile wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Perhaps you could explain why you insult brummie for being content with a point, then Duke for wanting a win, then Surrey for thinking a point wasn't bad. If you were consistent it might make sense, but you're not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Jolly good read this thread.

Some people who say that we should be beating these teams are very much deluded. If we had won these games we'd be flirting with the top 3. Then the same people would be the ones saying we are over achieving.

A point away from home should always be cherished but not taken for granted.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 am

Im not sure anyone really gives a toss what Sheff says anymore do they?

elfobeiro

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:46 am

Exile wrote:
elfobeiro wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:not to dissapointed with the result
was thinking if we was mid table and we went away and got a point i wouldnt be too dissapointed

i soo hope we win our next game

Isn't that the point? We're not.

They are in the bottom 4. They are one of the worst teams in the league. In order to be above the worst teams in the league, you need to beat the worst teams in the league. A point is an abject failure, and we should not be happy with it. If we were mid-table, winning some games, and we only got a point - fair enough, you can;t win them all. But this was a must-win, a six-pointer.

Just not good enough.

I'm more concerned at home form. Happy with a point but I'd have been happier with three. Happy because relative form speaks volumes - there's no easybeats when you're considered one yourself, so happy to grab a point at their place, thanks very much, especially coming from behind and not conceding a late loser due to one slight mistake.

I can't accept that exile. The 'we're crap, so crap results are ok' argument doesn't jive for me. Dagenham will be relegated, Leyton Orient will probably be relegated, Yeovil stand a very good chance of being relegated. We have managed to take two points of those three. It would be a whole different argument if we'd won a few - you can live with a slightly disappointing draw away from home, but that's not the case - we desperately need inspiring performances and wins. We got neither. We've got to play 5 of the top 6 on the bounce after Tranmere... it's frightening. We could be rooted to the bottom before the end of November.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 am

elfobeiro wrote:I can't accept that exile. The 'we're crud, so crud results are ok' argument doesn't jive for me. Dagenham will be relegated, Leyton Orient will probably be relegated, Yeovil stand a very good chance of being relegated. We have managed to take two points of those three. It would be a whole different argument if we'd won a few - you can live with a slightly disappointing draw away from home, but that's not the case - we desperately need inspiring performances and wins. We got neither. We've got to play 5 of the top 6 on the bounce after Tranmere... it's frightening. We could be rooted to the bottom before the end of November.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, and I think I said in my first line that I agree with you - "I'd have been happier with three". I'm pleased that the rot appears to have been stopped with an away draw, albeit against (no offence to visiting Daggers) lowly opponents.

Something to build on, one hopes. Whether or not Hutchings can build on it will be seen over the unfolding games ahead. Let's take the positive of a point and see what happens eh?

PT
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:55 am

You Reds wrote:Would have liked to see the 50 Saddlers running towards the tunnel at half time. :lol:

It was one of those "walk of glory/shame" grounds, like Burnley or Fellows Park used to be where the supporters get an opportunity to give some advice to the players and coaching staff as they leave the pitch. Hutchings looked a bit bemused by some of the advice handed to him yesterday the general gist of which was to mix sex and travel in equal measure.

A footnote though about the "charging 50", with this being Walsall fans an explanation could be shared with the fact that there were only two staff in the bar, so getting a pint at HT was going to be tricky, but perhaps more fundamentally, THEY DID CHIPS!!!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 am

Sheff in cat form. I would think, right about now...

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:15 am

Sheff in offensive rant shock!

:D

Is it safe to come out yet?

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Just not good enough.[/quote]
I'm more concerned at home form. Happy with a point but I'd have been happier with three. Happy because relative form speaks volumes - there's no easybeats when you're considered one yourself, so happy to grab a point at their place, thanks very much, especially coming from behind and not conceding a late loser due to one slight mistake.[/quote]

I have the same opinion... Always remember, if you win your home games and draw your away games, you will end the season as champions. Well, we seem to be capable of scraping the odd point from our away fixtures, but it's the wins at home we're desperately lacking.

One positive I can see from this showing (and if I'm being fair, a couple of other performances this season) is that we've gone a goal down but the heads have not gone in the same direction... we've come back, scored to get on terms and gone on from there to be at least looking for a winner. In the days of messrs M*rson and M*llen that would have been one hell of a rarity - the only question then would have been "how many are we going to lose by?" My glass is still (just about) half full :mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 pm

tinned wrote:
Surrey Saddler wrote:A point away from home. Not bad. You guys who want more are in serial denial. We have home gates of 3000, Bonsor is NOT, repeat, NOT going, neither, for that matter is Hutchings. This is how it is. Get real!!

Well, in that case, expect those 3,000 crowds to plummet further.

I agree.

What is so unreal about expecting a Walsall team to go and win at Dagenham ? We have no god given right to of course, but the posts that say both teams will think they should have won are quite laughable to be honest. We did almost nick it right at the end, but make no mistake, Dagenham should have won the game. Reid had two great chances, which ended up with real tame efforts on goal. Although they were two good chances that we created, they are almost not worth mentioning, considering the way they ended up. we had one at the end, where I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the ball trickled on to the post, and it looked like it was going in from where I was.

Dagenham probably created about the same, but they had some real bad luck with their efforts, and one save that Brain made, more by luck than judgement , looked a certain goal.

Maybe my expectations are to high, as it was pointed out to me at the game. Meh, finishing 5th from bottom is the best we can hope for in division 3, then maybe it is time for me to stop going. Regardless of Bonser, we should still be able to come up with better than this.
It cost a lot of money to go yesterday, and that was with kind offer of a lift there, and a free train ticket back (cheers Asps and PT) It took till half past 10 last night to get home, and for what ? A disorganised shambles of a team, that isn't going to get any better whilst Hutchings is in charge.

I think maybe it is in my best interests to go against the trend, and just go to home games when I can now, as yesterday really wasn't worth the effort.

PeruSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 pm

PT wrote:
You Reds wrote:Would have liked to see the 50 Saddlers running towards the tunnel at half time. :lol:

It was one of those "walk of glory/shame" grounds, like Burnley or Fellows Park used to be where the supporters get an opportunity to give some advice to the players and coaching staff as they leave the pitch. Hutchings looked a bit bemused by some of the advice handed to him yesterday the general gist of which was to mix sex and travel in equal measure.

A footnote though about the "charging 50", with this being Walsall fans an explanation could be shared with the fact that there were only two staff in the bar, so getting a pint at HT was going to be tricky, but perhaps more fundamentally, THEY DID CHIPS!!!

The Shepherds Pie was superb!

PT
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:10 pm

PeruSaddler wrote:
The Shepherds Pie was superb!

Did it have real shepherds in it?

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:34 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Duke wrote:Usually I'd be delighted with a point away from home but we could have done with a win today .

No doubt the manager will say we were unlucky .

Jesus, you need to get a life.
You are a sad, boring fart.

says a Chelsea fan on a Walsall message board :roll:

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:I think maybe it is in my best interests to go against the trend, and just go to home games when I can now, as yesterday really wasn't worth the effort.

That's a big reason for me not bothering with away games. It's one thing shelling out a fortune for travel, tickets, beer, food and then watching us lose after putting in a committed performance full of effort. It's totally different when it's a clueless performance from a clueless manager and confused and bored footballers. To be honest home games are enough effort at the moment.

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:57 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Image

Sheff in cat form. I would think, right about now...

Sheff in human form Image

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:01 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I agree.

What is so unreal about expecting a Walsall team to go and win at Dagenham ? We have no god given right to of course, but the posts that say both teams will think they should have won are quite laughable to be honest. We did almost nick it right at the end, but make no mistake, Dagenham should have won the game. Reid had two great chances, which ended up with real tame efforts on goal. Although they were two good chances that we created, they are almost not worth mentioning, considering the way they ended up. we had one at the end, where I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the ball trickled on to the post, and it looked like it was going in from where I was.

Dagenham probably created about the same, but they had some real bad luck with their efforts, and one save that Brain made, more by luck than judgement , looked a certain goal.

Maybe my expectations are to high, as it was pointed out to me at the game. Meh, finishing 5th from bottom is the best we can hope for in division 3, then maybe it is time for me to stop going. Regardless of Bonser, we should still be able to come up with better than this.
It cost a lot of money to go yesterday, and that was with kind offer of a lift there, and a free train ticket back (cheers Asps and PT) It took till half past 10 last night to get home, and for what ? A disorganised shambles of a team, that isn't going to get any better whilst Hutchings is in charge.

I think maybe it is in my best interests to go against the trend, and just go to home games when I can now, as yesterday really wasn't worth the effort.

See you at Huddersfield Blazing :mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:12 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I agree.

See you at Huddersfield Blazing :mrgreen:

:D

More than likely !

Especially if you are going, at least it means I am so drunk I can't remember the match anyway (if we actually go in at all)

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season