Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/10/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
adjisaddler
Glitterati

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/10/10.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 pm

yep i was there today if F2G Stand.. truly painful as i said in another thread Hutchings sat there and let it wash over him

Brain- 6 ordinary

Lescott- 5 weak

Smith -7 competent

Lancashire- 5 struggled

Mcgivern- 5 One lethal passback that could of made it 1-0 earlier

Davis- 7 promising

Richards- 7 worked hard

Nicholls- 4 Missing

Gray- 4 No where

Macken- 6 Quiet

Reid- 3 Timid

Subs

Grigg- 5 Silly Haircut :D

Patterson- 5 Fluffed crosses when needed

Mcdonald no impact

Adj

Pangloss Saddler

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:05 am

Brain fully deserved MOTM today for a commanding performance.
As I have said many times, the Saddlers were unfortunate to lose yet another game by the odd goal.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:36 am

Worst performance i've ever seen as a Walsall fan. Not one positive. Clueless, pathetic, dismal, dreadful, awful, passionless. DIRE! I blame the players as much as i do Hutchings and i blame Bonser more than any of them. Richards, Brain and Macken were decent. Smith is a poor mans Ian Roper on this seasons displays and Nicholls either needs to be played upfront or given a confidence injection, terrible. Reid was anonymous and my gosh, anyone that moaned at Rhys Weston for his constant hoofing, take a look at the defensive displays of Lescott, cant defend never mind hoof!

Pathetic. Abject.

We're going down.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 am

Sadders wrote:Worst performance i've ever seen as a Walsall fan. Not one positive. Clueless, pathetic, dismal, dreadful, awful, passionless. DIRE! I blame the players as much as i do Hutchings and i blame Bonser more than any of them. Richards, Brain and Macken were decent. Smith is a poor mans Ian Roper on this seasons displays and Nicholls either needs to be played upfront or given a confidence injection, terrible. Reid was anonymous and my gosh, anyone that moaned at Rhys Weston for his constant hoofing, take a look at the defensive displays of Lescott, cant defend never mind hoof!

Pathetic. Abject.

We're going down.

Agree with pretty much all that, although I would argue Nicholls shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Banks's turf again in any position, and that Reid whilst largely anonymous was no less so that Gray or Nicholls.

Lescott's distribution was sub-terrible. His heading was abysmal. It doesn't help when he's the captain either and, with confidence in short supply, the players need someone who will influence the game. I'm not sure how a right back can really do that. Still, our club captain was tweeting an hour after the game about the Spurs v Villa match - so that's OK. :?

Oh, it's not the worst I've seen us play. I think there are a few games with a better claim to that accolade. Mullen's team in the cup against Luton springs to mind as one.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 am

I am shocked and appalled. Whilst recognising we have no divine right to win any game, it comes to something when everyone else has a divine right to win against Walsall.

pangloss - thanks for the smile, but your joke is getting boring.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 am

Pangloss Saddler wrote:As I have said many times, the Saddlers were unfortunate to lose yet another game by the odd goal.

Hahahahahahaha. No.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:30 am

Can only comment on the goal, it was yet again poor defending of a set piece. Also Brain made a good save, and we were unlucky not to score, but should have.

I still reckon we have have a decent team on paper, but they have as little idea as we do what the Manager is doing.

Louise
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Well Ive thought long and hard after that abject performance and I'm afraid it is down to the Management.
They have to take the Brickbats with the Bouquets and this Season it has become increasingly apparent that they are just not up to the job.
One example of why they both have to go - I now sit very near the Home Dug out so can hear every word Hutch and O Connor say and believe me when I say yesterday they were totally clueless.
However what really struck me was not the usual platitudes I hear from them which is 'second balls' Stay Strong' usual Footy Cliches but the attitude of the Players when they were told what to do.
Many of the Players partic to O'Connor started answering back and at times moaning and disagreeing with what they were being asked to do.
There is no discipline and no respect - could you have imagined Players arging with Graydon or Money from the Pitch.
I like Hutch he is a nice guy and Marin will always be a Saddlers legend but sentiment does not win Football Matches.
They are genuinely clueless and when I hear the Players show such blatant
disrespect for them I dont care what they say in the Press they have to go.

Walsall-Matt

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Pangloss Saddler wrote:Brain fully deserved MOTM today for a commanding performance.
As I have said many times, the Saddlers were unfortunate to lose yet another game by the odd goal.

Unfortunate to lose by odd goal? If Bowditch had his shooting boots on we'd have been pretty much fudge in the 1st half, oh and they missed an empty net in the 2nd half.

Still we we're very unlucky.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Brain 6
Lescott 2
Lanchashire 6
Smith 5
Mcgivern 6
Gray 1
Richards 6
Davies 5
Nicholls 1
Reid 3
Macken 6

Hutch 0

HUTCH OUT

Zippy
Glitterati

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Hello Zippy. What a well run club.

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Hello Graydon48.

Myself and another user have emailed over 600 people in the last few days. We have 2000 balloons available next week, and have offered the club money (investment).

Thanks.

:lol: :lol:

2,000 balloons and offered the club money!!!!!!

You really are priceless Bangor.

So, what your masterplan? You criticise the Truat for being 'secretive', which I do agree with, but come on, be open, what's your big idea this time.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Zippy wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Hello Zippy. What a well run club.

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Hello Graydon48.

Myself and another user have emailed over 600 people in the last few days. We have 2000 balloons available next week, and have offered the club money (investment).

Thanks.

:lol: :lol:

2,000 balloons and offered the club money!!!!!!

You really are priceless Bangor.

So, what your masterplan? You criticise the Truat for being 'secretive', which I do agree with, but come on, be open, what's your big idea this time.

Bloody hell, Zip. It sounds like the best thing an outside agent has done for the club for a while and you go on and loff at it.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Bloody hell, Zip. It sounds like the best thing an outside agent has done for the club for a while and you go on and loff at it.

But Fray, what I'm asking is what is the plan?

How much investment is to be given?

What you have to be wary of here is some individuals ego's that are a flash in the pan and amount to nothing.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Zippy wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Bloody hell, Zip. It sounds like the best thing an outside agent has done for the club for a while and you go on and loff at it.

What you have to be wary of here is some individuals ego's that are a flash in the pan and amount to nothing.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it was to garner a dialogue with the club.

Even with your very rose tinted view, dialogue with the customer base is important. And at Bescot, we need all the customer base we can get.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
Zippy wrote:

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it was to garner a dialogue with the club.

Even with your very rose tinted view, dialogue with the customer base is important. And at Bescot, we need all the customer base we can get.

You are right Mr Pie.

Zippy - the investment is to sponsor a few players.

The 2000 balloons will be there for reasons revealed closer to the time. Don't want to spoil all the fun do we? ;) Just have a big think about the number.

Also Zippy, you are complete Prat. Most of the time, I will be civil with people, I won't have a go at people, because positivity is the key to a successful club. However, I would rather you go and support Shrewsbury.

You contribute absolutely nothing to this website. You vilified a fellow user for years, who now doesn't post anymore, you try and belittle people like myself with stupid comments and you have a massive attitude problem.

The biggest ego on this website is YOU - grow up or sod off.

I will engage with sensible debate with other pro-Bonser people, not a problem. they have a right to their opinion. But your position has turned into being anti anything people are trying to do. Why? Do you like winding people up? Do you sit there in your little house trying to think of ways to wind people up? What a sad, sad position to be in, in a time when our club is in TURMOIL. I will now concern my time with people who are open-minded and offer sensible debate - something which you have never shown.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Zippy - the investment is to sponsor a few players.

The 2000 balloons will be there for reasons revealed closer to the time. Don't want to spoil all the fun do we? ;) Just have a big think about the number.

Also Zippy, you are complete Prat. Most of the time, I will be civil with people, I won't have a go at people, because positivity is the key to a successful club. However, I would rather you go and support Shrewsbury.

You contribute absolutely nothing to this website. You vilified a fellow user for years, who now doesn't post anymore, you try and belittle people like myself with stupid comments and you have a massive attitude problem.

I will engage with sensible debate with other pro-Bonser people, not a problem. they have a right to their opinion. But your position has turned into being anti anything people are trying to do. Why? Do you like winding people up? Do you sit there in your little house trying to think of ways to wind people up? What a sad, sad position to be in, in a time when our club is in TURMOIL. I will now concern my time with people who are open-minded and offer sensible debate - something which you have never shown.

Bangor, the investment for players is a very positive move. It is good that you are prepared to say, rather than be secretive about goings on.

Next, I am very disappointed with your stance towards me. I feel that you are adopting this approach because I do not agree with all you views.

I do humbly apologise, but I will not go and support Shrewsbury, I will go and support Walsall, just like I did on Saturday and just like I will next Saturday. Were / will you be there?

I'm not here to wind people up. I'm here to post my opinion just the same as all the other members of this board. I will not 'sod off' just because you have taken humpage with me. As for the other matter that you drag up, there are 2 sides to that story, you choose to side with one half. Although, if I recall correctly, you were one of many UTS'ers that saw some of the correspondance that I received.

As for footballing matters, yes, it is not good at the moment. However, I will not use this as an opportunity to pretend that I am the person with all the answers and the one that can perform miracles.

As for attitude,if having my own views are perceived as having an attitude, what a sad place this has turned out to be.

As for ego, no attention seeking from me. Can you honestly say the same for your goodself?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Zippy wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Zippy - the investment is to sponsor a few players.

Bangor, the investment for players is a very positive move. It is good that you are prepared to say, rather than be secretive about goings on.

Next, I am very disappointed with your stance towards me. I feel that you are adopting this approach because I do not agree with all you views.

I do humbly apologise, but I will not go and support Shrewsbury, I will go and support Walsall, just like I did on Saturday and just like I will next Saturday. Were / will you be there?

I'm not here to wind people up. I'm here to post my opinion just the same as all the other members of this board. I will not 'sod off' just because you have taken humpage with me. As for the other matter that you drag up, there are 2 sides to that story, you choose to side with one half. Although, if I recall correctly, you were one of many UTS'ers that saw some of the correspondance that I received.

As for footballing matters, yes, it is not good at the moment. However, I will not use this as an opportunity to pretend that I am the person with all the answers and the one that can perform miracles.

As for attitude,if having my own views are perceived as having an attitude, what a sad place this has turned out to be.

As for ego, no attention seeking from me. Can you honestly say the same for your goodself?

I ACTUALLY can.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:40 pm

After a dreadful run of form and an humiliating home defeat, a match thread with a massive 107 posts on it. Some people only come on here to have a moan. :wink:

Previous
Return to 2010-11 Season