Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/10/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
Neuromantic
Site Addict

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 2/10/10.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello Zippy. What a well run club.

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:22 pm

You know whats a joke
Walsall stayways that call into WM and comment on a game they admit they didn't even go to and call for O conner to be hired.

What a complete and utter idiot O conner is part of the problem and if you don't come to the games anymore, how can you comment on how we are playing.

As for the performance really can't say anything about it yet far to many expletives come to mind,

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:24 pm

That seriously was painful to watch.... and here's me this morning saying I was actually looking forward to the game, how wrong I was!!!

I really can't see how he can survive another day.... CLUELESS!!!!!!!

It comes to something where the goalkeeper gets man of the match when we're one down!

I can't be bothered to rate or run through the players as they were all shocking... but a special mention goes to Nicholls and Gray... bravo lads, bravo.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Hello Zippy. What a well run club.

Indeed

Walsall-Matt

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Hutchings has got to go now, 2 losses and a unconvincing draw against teams who will be near the bottom or even go down.

As for the match - terrible 1st half slightly better 2nd but still shocking. We can't pass, shoot or even tackle. McGiven is cack, a good 3 times he go turned or beat on the left, Gray is non-exsistant where does he play, it certainly aint LM. Macken was decent, my MOTM, strung a few passes together and had a few decent attempts.

Shambles, HUTCHINGS OUT!

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Brain- 7 No major errors although very lucky when he missed the ball and then pounced on it as it rolled away in the 1st half, couldn't do anything about their goal, good save and yeovil were unlucky to miss the open goal rebound.

Lescott- 5 Seemed to be getting beaten a lot and doesn't attack well not rated him all season he is no better then Westlake and don't remember him telling anyone anything despite being captain

Smith -7 Solid in the center as per usual

Lancashire- 5 After starting season well he got turned and out paced all throughout today

Mcgivern- 6 Got one or two good crosses in and defended ok but wasn't quite good enough and because of attacking more he got more beaten on the way back.

Davis- 7 Good tackling and passing but went very hot and cold in patches.

Richards- 7 Good passing and used his footballing brain to pick out passes but other team mates weren't on the same wave length.

Nicholls- 4 Looked lost today gave the ball away at every chance on the wing and made maybe 1 or 2 crosses at the most.

Gray- 4 Anonymous and seemed to not know wether he should be on the wing or in the center.

Macken- 7 Did all he could when they hoof it at a small player every time he will struggle but when he got it to feet he did well and in the 2nd half got a few very good chances and made some lovely 1-2 passes but was very quiet otherwise.

Reid- 4 Didnt even think he was playing made 1 or 2 moves and 2 ridiculously soft shots NOT A STRIKER AT ALL.

Subs

Grigg- 6 Made some good passes and moved the ball well but no shots from him as nobody really helped him.

Patterson- 5 Showed some good promise in beating his man a few times and a few good short passes but messed up on 2 big opportunities to cross it in, needs some more experience.

Mcdonald- No idea why he was brought on other then for set pieces to head it as he didnt even go that far up field until it was a corner or free kick.

At full time Hutch looked like he shrugged it off as unlucky again!

worzel999
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Abject display.

Just heard him on WM and he is in ostrich mode. How can he not see how poor we were today.

To many invisible players, no direction, no passion.

Hutch and MOC out.

Dean SMith in on a caretaker basis for next Saturday. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Where's Pangloss Saddler to tell us how unlucky we were to fall to *yet* another one goal defeat?

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Gaffers not got much to say on the game. The fact he mentions getting the team ready to go again makes it look like he wont be resigning like someone on here says.

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,,10428~2172815,00.html

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 pm

SaddlerCraig wrote:Gray- 4 Anonymous and seemed to not know wether he should be on the wing or in the center.

I'd honestly forgotten that Gray was even playing today. Did he touch the ball in the second half?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:00 pm

SaddlerCraig wrote:You know whats a joke
Walsall stayways that call into WM and comment on a game they admit they didn't even go to and call for O conner to be hired.

What a complete and utter idiot O conner is part of the problem and if you don't come to the games anymore, how can you comment on how we are playing.As for the performance really can't say anything about it yet far to many expletives come to mind,

The reason we CAN comment is that we read the reports from people on here who are reliable sources of information, we listen to the live commentary on Saddlers World and comments on WM, we read the press, and certain of us actually talk regularly and directly to fans who DO still go. In my case, I was in regular touch with our long-standing member, Dynamo Zuffle, during the game, and if he says we are rubbish (and he DID), then believe me, I DO KNOW we are rubbish. :D

As for O'Connor, I fully agree with you, as Hutchings' assistant he IS undeniably a part of the problem, and they should both go, and go tonight! They shouldn't need to be sacked, they should know themselves that it's all over, the time has come! :?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Dreadful. Not a crumb of comfort to be taken from that.

Walsall-Matt

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Under 3,000 Walsall fans here today, one of the two link up games aswell. Attendance is dropping worse then ever with this clown in charge.

I expect under 3,000 vs Exeter. Really depressing times.

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm

According to a certain mod whos not been around for a bit, the main calls for Hutch to go come from people who dont go to games.

I went today but havent been to every game this season. However a record in all competitions of P12 L10 gives most fans a reason to call for him to go.

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 pm

You know what makes todays loss hurt even more for me?

In League 2 today there was a 5-5 draw and a 7-4. Its a poor league, I dont want to go back there :-(

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:09 pm

longdogs wrote:
SaddlerCraig wrote:Gray- 4 Anonymous and seemed to not know wether he should be on the wing or in the center.

I'd honestly forgotten that Gray was even playing today. Did he touch the ball in the second half?

As far as me and my old man can come up with he made 2 average crosses in the second half and that was about it for what we can remember of him of our "better" half.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Crap, crap, crap. If dog face is still in a job come Monday morning it's a complete disgrace, Clueless, absolutely clueless.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:21 pm

yoda wrote:According to a certain mod whos not been around for a bit, the main calls for Hutch to go come from people who dont go to games.

Whoever said that is CLUELESS.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:45 pm

SaddlerCraig wrote:Brain- 7 No major errors although very lucky when he missed the ball and then pounced on it as it rolled away in the 1st half, couldn't do anything about their goal, good save and yeovil were unlucky to miss the open goal rebound.

Lescott- 5 Seemed to be getting beaten a lot and doesn't attack well not rated him all season he is no better then Westlake and don't remember him telling anyone anything despite being captain

Smith -7 Solid in the center as per usual

Lancashire- 5 After starting season well he got turned and out paced all throughout today

Mcgivern- 6 Got one or two good crosses in and defended ok but wasn't quite good enough and because of attacking more he got more beaten on the way back.

Davis- 7 Good tackling and passing but went very hot and cold in patches.

Richards- 7 Good passing and used his footballing brain to pick out passes but other team mates weren't on the same wave length.

Nicholls- 4 Looked lost today gave the ball away at every chance on the wing and made maybe 1 or 2 crosses at the most.

Gray- 4 Anonymous and seemed to not know wether he should be on the wing or in the center.

Macken- 7 Did all he could when they hoof it at a small player every time he will struggle but when he got it to feet he did well and in the 2nd half got a few very good chances and made some lovely 1-2 passes but was very quiet otherwise.

Reid- 4 Didnt even think he was playing made 1 or 2 moves and 2 ridiculously soft shots NOT A STRIKER AT ALL.

Subs

Grigg- 6 Made some good passes and moved the ball well but no shots from him as nobody really helped him.

Patterson- 5 Showed some good promise in beating his man a few times and a few good short passes but messed up on 2 big opportunities to cross it in, needs some more experience.

Mcdonald- No idea why he was brought on other then for set pieces to head it as he didnt even go that far up field until it was a corner or free kick.

At full time Hutch looked like he shrugged it off as unlucky again!

I'd agree with that except I'd probably drop Gray and Lescott a bit more... I also agree with the rateater.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:05 pm

yoda wrote:According to a certain mod whos not been around for a bit, the main calls for Hutch to go come from people who dont go to games.

I went today but havent been to every game this season. However a record in all competitions of P12 L10 gives most fans a reason to call for him to go.

You don't have to listen to everything he says :D He spends that much time winding people up, he doesn't know when he is for real or not himself! He also forgets to mention, he hasn't been to half the games himself either :wink:

Anyone, and I mean anyone, whether they have been to the games or not, must realise a team that hardly ever keeps a clean sheet, and doesn't score many goals, who are bottom of the league, after just playing three of the weaker opponents in the division, must surely realise Hutchings must go. If you take a look over his CV, anyone could have come to the conclusion a whole lot quicker, but that's all been and gone. Now he must go.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:40 pm

swiftyboy wrote:

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Oh look, it's Zippy's right hand a$s licker

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Hello Graydon48.

Myself and another user have emailed over 600 people in the last few days. We have 2000 balloons available next week, and have offered the club money (investment).

Thanks.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:39 pm

I'd rather have O'Connor in charge for 3 or 4 games than put up with anymore utter rubbish under useless Hutchings.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Hello Graydon48.

Myself and another user have emailed over 600 people in the last few days. We have 2000 balloons available next week, and have offered the club money (investment).

Thanks.

Thanks for that. Would you mind giving me a PM of the details.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:

Indeed

What a well run Unity.

Oh look, it's Zippy's right hand a$s licker

Wow thats got me reeling. Grow up Swiftboy.

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Back to the game folks.That was the most dull first 45 mins for a long time and that says something!
How the hell can that be called entertainment?after 30 mins of critisising poor passing or lack of effort we (6 of us) decided to take a different slant for our own sanity.
YES --THE CHRIS HUTCHINGS LOOK ON THINGS!Every time a pass went astray or somebody failed to control a ball we all shouted --Hard look Gray/Lescott/reid/Nicholls/Richards etc..It just did not fall your way.Don't worry we can sit down and all watch the DVD together with a pizza and box of chocs and all will be good in the world.
But hey lets take the positives from the first 12 mins of the second half --all over them like a cheap suit.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:57 pm

The more I think of the game today, the more contempt I have for the gimp.

We (9 games into the season) are shelling out wages to prem teams for their rejects who will never play in their first team - Broadhurst anyone? How many injuries - 3?

Of the younger players, Manny Smith has turned from a viable prospect for the championship into a liability, Alex NIcholls from someone worthy(?) of a new contract into a blue pop regional league player and Westlake (who looked to have the potential to emulate Fox/Dann last year) into a bench warmer. Thanks gimp.

Useless, clueless, get shut now Boner

mel58
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm

King Crimson wrote:Dreadful. Not a crumb of comfort to be taken from that.

in terms of our performance - that says it all.

Macken was MOTM for me, although I don't begrudge Brain getting it.

I actually felt sorry for Roy Whalley after the match. Even he, who can normally find something positive to say about any situation short of the threat of imminent nuclear war, seemed unable to generate any enthusiasm.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Whilst macken in my eyes had a few flashes of brilliance, to say he has lost half a yard would be flattering. Lumping it up to him is no good. Get it to his feet and let his brain do the rest. But unfortunately we are playing hoofball at the minute.

Brain for me had a solid game whilst not exceptional he deserved the MOTM.

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season