Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon Town (H) League 1 Saturday 18/9/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
chestersaddler
Site Addict

Re: Swindon Town (H) League 1 Saturday 18/9/10.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Now Davies has gone off injured

Westlake on

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Now Byfield has gone off injured - Nicholls on

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Sponsers MOM is Matt Richards (they obviously know nothing about football :mrgreen:)

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:53 pm

1-2 FT :( :( :(

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:56 pm

chestersaddler wrote:1-2 FT :( :( :(

Entirely predictable, no surprises, other than CH is still in the job, although he probably still will be when the Saddlers go down. :evil:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Deeply disappointing result.

And five home defeats out of six is just pathetic.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:58 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1-2 FT :( :( :(

Entirely predictable, no surprises, other than CH is still in the job, although he probably still will be when the Saddlers go down. :evil:

The surprise for me was that Brain was still in goal, although it sounded though he did Ok.

UTS Legend

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:00 pm

That's every game lost since I came back to HK ...

(Saw us win v Plymouth.)

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:04 pm

We werent that bad, especially in the second half. Although saying that, Swindon could have wrapped the game up in the first half.
I dont think Hutch has a clue of any tactics unless we go a goal down.. He knows what tactics can get us back into a game we're chasing, that's about it.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:06 pm

I just spoke to Percie on the phone - he said we played well for 40 minutes and no one will want Hutch sacked after it..

However I think a lot of people realise that playing well for one half is not good enough. Winning one game at home out of 6 is pathetic. And losing 5 on the trot is disgraceful.

He has to go - we will get relegated otherwise.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:09 pm

thats enough that was his last chance lets do it now and give ourselves a chance
were 18th in the league and havent kept a clean sheet now for 19 consecutive matches

not good enough

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm

This rubbish is just getting boring now. We were better in the second half... but that doesn't cut it when we get nil points from it at the end. He's got to go now, enough's enough

Oh and well done to the........ 10 of us for actually trying to make an atmosphere.... that was a shocking show of support right from the first minute. Nice to Know Matt the saddler didn't take up my offer.. .I'll await him popping behind his keyboard in a minute to moan about the atmosphere.

bangsection
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Given the positive (and laudable) noises on here about getting behind the team at home did the crowd actually do that or did the early goal and (by the sound of it) poor first half performance put an end to that?

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Went to work today, got of the motorway j7 at 2-30, two seasons ago would have gone straight to the match, today i went straight home. Tell that to Bonser. :evil:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:I just spoke to Percie on the phone - he said we played well for 40 minutes and no one will want Hutch sacked after it..

However I think a lot of people realise that playing well for one half is not good enough. Winning one game at home out of 6 is pathetic. And losing 5 on the trot is disgraceful.

A football game is for 90 minutes I believe.
If i went to work on a normal 8 hour shift and decided to do nothing for 4 hours and work the other 4, would I be straight in to see my manager?
Of course.

Its a pitiful, pathetic and stupid to say we played well first half or second half.
You play well for both halves, and no one would complain.

Jesus, Hutchings cant get his work force to do something for a full 90 minutes?
He should be sacked on the spot.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm

How many times are we going to say we played well for some of the game but still lost? That in itself is worrying. I like hutchings but its time for change I think. I wouldnt mind but he isnt trying to change things either.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:40 pm

I personally couldnt care less about the performance, come the end of the season teams wont stay up on performances, they will stop up on points.

I would rather play crap and win instead of playing decent and loosing.

3 points are better than 0 and a good performance.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:44 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:I personally couldnt care less about the performance, come the end of the season teams wont stay up on performances, they will stop up on points.

I would rather play crud and win instead of playing decent and loosing.

3 points are better than 0 and a good performance.

But it doesn't tend to be that way does it? Teams that play well over the long term are generally more successful than those that play crud. And, are likely to attract more through the turnstiles.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Yes they do Chester, but do we? No we dont, we play some ok football and are not successful.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:47 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:I just spoke to Percie on the phone - he said we played well for 40 minutes and no one will want Hutch sacked after it..

A football game is for 90 minutes I believe.
If i went to work on a normal 8 hour shift and decided to do nothing for 4 hours and work the other 4, would I be straight in to see my manager?Of course.

Its a pitiful, pathetic and stupid to say we played well first half or second half.
You play well for both halves, and no one would complain.

Jesus, Hutchings cant get his work force to do something for a full 90 minutes?
He should be sacked on the spot.

Depends on your job, I suppose. If you are paid to think rather than to graft, then one good idea a week could pay your salary many times over.

A striker may do virtually nothing for much of the game, but take his chances well. A goalkeeper may be a virtual spectator for most of the match but make the crucial save when required.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:Yes they do Chester, but do we? No we dont, we play some ok football and are not successful.

Depends on what you define as success?

Div 3 with our resouces could be defined as successful, do you not think?

I am not panicking for the time being.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:58 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Depends on your job, I suppose. If you are paid to think rather than to graft, then one good idea a week could pay your salary many times over.

A striker may do virtually nothing for much of the game, but take his chances well. A goalkeeper may be a virtual spectator for most of the match but make the crucial save when required.

But the striker and goalkeeper should still be working for 90 minutes and concentrating.
Please dont try and justify the lack of the team playing for 90 minutes, because it cannot be justified.
Its a DISGRACE!

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:01 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:Yes they do Chester, but do we? No we dont, we play some ok football and are not successful.

Ooo he surfaces straight after the game....

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

But the striker and goalkeeper should still be working for 90 minutes and concentrating.
Please dont try and justify the lack of the team playing for 90 minutes, because it cannot be justified.
Its a DISGRACE!

How do you know that they were not playing for 90 minutes? Did some of them come off for a lie down? Maybe had a chat amongst themselves? They are Div 3 players being paid beer money (comparitively) for Gods sake.

They may not play WELL for 90 minutes, Ok, but that's no different to the vast majority of players of this standard.

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Its a DISGRACE!

How do you know that they were not playing for 90 minutes? Did some of them come off for a lie down? Maybe had a chat amongst themselves? They are Div 3 players being paid beer money (comparitively) for Gods sake.

They may not play WELL for 90 minutes, Ok, but that's no different to the vast majority of players of this standard.

They didn't START playing until the second half... it was just utter rubbish the first half and if Swindon actually knocked it up a notch, we'd of easily of been 4 down by the break.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm

chestersaddler wrote:How do you know that they were not playing for 90 minutes? Did some of them come off for a lie down? Maybe had a chat amongst themselves? They are Div 3 players being paid beer money (comparitively) for Gods sake.

Too true Chester.

Problem is, some expect us to win every game week in, week out. We are also expected to sack a manager every season because we don't win said games.

Hello, this is Walsall FC, we are a poorly supported First Division team.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Zippy wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:How do you know that they were not playing for 90 minutes? Did some of them come off for a lie down? Maybe had a chat amongst themselves? They are Div 3 players being paid beer money (comparitively) for Gods sake.

Too true Chester.

Problem is, some expect us to win every game week in, week out. We are also expected to sack a manager every season because we don't win said games.

Er no. People should just expect us to win the odd game now and again. 5 losses on the trot is a joke

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Zippy wrote:

Too true Chester.

No one expects us to be in first place winning every game... but people don't pay hard earned money on a season ticket to see us lose 5 in a row... get a grip.

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Not expecting to lose 5 out of 6 home games is not unreasonable

Yes we're a league one side, but so are all the other teams (except Chesterfield!) so even by chance we should have a better record than that. But we dont, so somethign is wrong.

Accepting 5 defeats from 6 home games is a very defeatist attitude.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Zece_WFC wrote:No one expects us to be in first place winning every game... but people don't pay hard earned money on a season ticket to see us lose 5 in a row... get a grip.

I am gutted, just like the rest of us, when we lose.

Ok, we have lost 5 in a row, no doubt, we will win 5 in a row before the end of the season if not more.

I just do not subscribe to the premature panic senario.

PreviousNext
Return to 2010-11 Season