Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Rushall Olympic v. Walsall XI - Tuesday 3/8/10

Reports and reaction from the 2010-11 season as Walsall finished 20th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing, abuse or text speak please.
Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Rushall Olympic v. Walsall XI - Tuesday 3/8/10

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Walsall XI likely to be the Youth team, possibly reinforced by some junior professionals who have not featured too much in the first team friendlies so far.

Venue:- Dales Lane, Rushall, opposite the Royal Oak pub, Daw End.
K.O. 7-45 p.m.

Admission
Adults:- £4
Concessions:- £2
No match programme but a team sheet may be available

Licensed Bar & refreshments (inc. chips) available.

A chance to meet up with fellow Saddlers' fans, have a look what youngsters are coming through and support a local non-League team, all at the same time.

Rushall is a very friendly, welcoming club. Why they even welcome Pelsall people (Blazing, please note!) :mrgreen:

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Re: Rushall Olympic v. Walsall XI - Tuesday 3/8/10

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:45 am

Pedagogue wrote:Rushall is a very friendly, welcoming club.

I concur. Very friendly club and I've heard the resident quizmaster is absolutely brilliant :lol: :lol:

Worth popping along tonight, to see the youth team. See you down if there if you are going :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:35 am

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:I've heard the resident quizmaster is absolutely brilliant :lol: :lol:

Very true! :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:10 pm

0-0 draw, with Rushall missing a penalty after 40 seconds!

Although Rushall had a very slight edge, a draw was probably a fair result.

Walsall squad:- Mayer, Faulkner, Haynes, Hickman (capt.), Hayes, Ford, Cresswell, Mellors-Blair, Jones, Paterson, Bowerman. Subs: Wren, George, Butlin, Tank, Dobson, Deards.

That is the youth team squad, reinforced by 3 of the 4 first-year professionals (Geddes was the missing player).

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Pedagogue wrote:Walsall XI likely to be the Youth team, possibly reinforced by some junior professionals who have not featured too much in the first team friendlies so far.

K.O. 7-45 p.m.

Admission

A chance to meet up with fellow Saddlers' fans, have a look what youngsters are coming through and support a local non-League team, all at the same time.

Rushall is a very friendly, welcoming club. Why they even welcome Pelsall people (Blazing, please note!) :mrgreen:

If I had known Evo was going I may have dragged myself over the border... well I don't actually live in Pelsall anymore , but it still feels kinda dirty when I drive over the bridge in the direction of Rushall.

Still, Beer and Chips at the same venue, I can see why people are attracted :D

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:Walsall XI likely to be the Youth team, possibly reinforced by some junior professionals who have not featured too much in the first team friendlies so far.

K.O. 7-45 p.m.

Admission

If I had known Evo was going I may have dragged myself over the border... well I don't actually live in Pelsall anymore , but it still feels kinda dirty when I drive over the bridge in the direction of Rushall.

Still, Beer and Chips at the same venue, I can see why people are attracted :D

And drinking beer whilst standing watching the game. Superb :mrgreen:

If I hadn't organised to play golf I'd have gone, if only to watch my neighbours lad who plays left back for us. How did he play btw for any that went?

Return to 2010-11 Season